Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
stabilitrack cutting in on highway ramps??

ok, so I can only assume this is whats happening. going lets say 75+ on a sweeping ramp I can feel the car literally dropping the gas pedal and slowing down as if someone applied the brakes. tires are 315 rears and 275 front. to also put this in perspective, the car is NOT trying to actually save me, I am not going that fast for these ramps. I could easily go much faster. its annoying! any thoughts?
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
No tire slip when accelerating?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Unless your tires are starting to lose grip there shouldn't be any reason for the nannies to kick in. And like you said the tires are sticking like glue. May need to take it in and have the run a diagnostic check.

I have a ramp, with the car in mode 3, and put it to the floor, in an attempt to get the nannies to kick in, but failed on every attempt (at least a dozen attempts) got up to over 100mph in the turn with no tire chirps, but I chickened out each time and let off. The damn thing was flying and still sticking like glue! Scared the crap out of me each time. Took like ten minutes to get my hart rate back to normal.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Which ramp?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
215s to the 210 w...I am not accelerating so I am not breaking traction. basically I just carry the same speed through the turn. its very noticeable. its an uphill ramp. other times I will rail around other ramps at a much more intense speed and nothing kicks in. even on this one its intermittent, but it happens.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Synner

Drives: cars
Just because you're not accelerating doesn't mean you're not losing traction. Could be crud on the road too. The simple test/fix is to turn everything off and see what happens. When I added hp and wide sticky tires the system got really confused but I turn it all off usually anyways so its a non-issue.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The combination of 315 rears with front and rear bars of almost the same diameter creates understeer. Set you rear sway bar to full hard and and your front bar to full soft. Increase the front negative camber. Decrease the rear negative camber. Run your front tire a few pounds lower than your rears. This will bring some balance you your setup. The stability control will still kick in, but it will be at higher speeds.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The combination of 315 rears with front and rear bars of almost the same diameter creates understeer. Set you rear sway bar to full hard and and your front bar to full soft. Increase the front negative camber. Decrease the rear negative camber. Run your front tire a few pounds lower than your rears. This will bring some balance you your setup. The stability control will still kick in, but it will be at higher speeds.
The godfather of Gen5 suspension has spoken.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #9
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
All hail the Godfather... and..

Name:  1002647_678538468859180_106515375_n.png
Views: 153
Size:  467.4 KB

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.