Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
So I'm re-doing my whole STS kit thanks to RX Performance!!!

Let's admit it STS SUCKS!!! But thanks to Tracy at RX performance he is really changing just about everything so I can get the power I deserve!

If you have an LLT like myself or LFX id highly recommend him. He seriously knows his stuff.

What he's doing to my kit:
-Re-routing all the oil line for proper crankcase evacuations.
-Replacing that cheap sts with a Borg Warner S200SX.
-putting a sump tank, relocating the savage pump, and modifying the wastegate so it's right next to the turbo like it should be.
-oh and tuning which he has full control or trifecta and hp tuners so it's a win win!!!

Let's face it sts sells a pretty sh**ty kit I couldn't tell you how many oil issues I've gotten because of it but give it to Tracy and your problems will be solved.

He's even built his own TOP MOUNT SUPER CHARGER for the v6 camaro, check it out:

This is one he did and it has 16000 miles on it and still runs and sounds like a monster!

I can't wait for my car to get finished and ill try and post numbers and times ASAP!!!
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
Peter-5

Right now I'm running 9pounds w/ meh injections
Old 09-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Turbowolf71

Drives: 2016 2ss Hyper Blue
Be very, very careful with RX and Tracy. This forum is littered with cars that have had to be taken to other shops because of the bad work that his shop has done. I suggest, if you haven't already, do some searching on the forums and read up about the work he has done.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Yeah you sure don't hear much about that top mount supercharger on here.. it was a good idea but didn't pan out for whatever reason.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowolf71 View Post
Be very, very careful with RX and Tracy. This forum is littered with cars that have had to be taken to other shops because of the bad work that his shop has done. I suggest, if you haven't already, do some searching on the forums and read up about the work he has done.
Bad work overall or with the top mount SC? Because he seems very knowledgeable about what he's doing, especially with the set up I have.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Peter-5, just do some searching. Tracy and RX have become taboo topics for many around here. There are a number of horror stories posted. Good luck!
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Hopefully he helps you out!
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Your post topic reads to me as if he ruined it and you have to rebuild it... I was surprised to see the opposite. Hope it works out for you.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Your post topic reads to me as if he ruined it and you have to rebuild it... I was surprised to see the opposite. Hope it works out for you.
Agreed, I thought the same thing when I read the thread title.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Peter-5, just do some searching. Tracy and RX have become taboo topics for many around here. There are a number of horror stories posted. Good luck!
A lot of the stuff I've found were things that have just been released for the camaro LLT and LFX like Camshafts and things like that. When you have someone working on something that is new it could either be good or bad. I'm not saying I know everything about Tracy but he has helped me out quite a lot and he seemed to know a lot and was able to help me out with a lot of issues I was having with my sts kit.

He is still working on my car now all he has left is to replace the sh*ty sts turbo and tune it. According to him everything else went Smooth.

I was considering doing a stall converter with him as well.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #11
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Oops how do I change it to make it sound more positive.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Tracy has no idea what he's doing when it comes to cars. His bad reputation started way before this forum. There are a bunch of forums with proof of him stealing, blowing cars, and then blaming it all on something else. When anyone ever says anything bad about him, he uses his usual line "all the haters are out to get me" or the oh so famous "I have (insert amount of years here) years of experience and was taught by one of the best engine builders in the country" blah blah blah. Don't believe me? Just ask member GbrilliantQ who had his hps turbo kit "fixed" by tracy and then had to get it all completely redone because tracy did a worse job than what it had started at. And this is on an LS3 engine, an engine that's been around forever, not something new by any means.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
Peter-5

Please no body attack me after this but I'm just trying to get to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

If Tracy is "bad" then how is he always busy, he must be doing something right?

I can't speak for any other car or engine besides the LLT V6 Camaro, I understand people are having trouble with other cars and engines but I'm just worried about my LLT. I'm not trying to be selfish but I just want to here the negatives on the LLT's he's worked on. BESIDES his TOP MOUNT SC. I do not have that I have an sts kit that needed proper evac, wastegate and savage pump relocating, new turbo, sparks plugs, and tuning that's it.

Has he ever failed doing work on an LLT.

I'm not taking sides, it's just a lot of this doesn't add up.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #14
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
I don't think it has anything to do with what engine or car he's worked on he's known overall as doing shotty work, scamming, and stealing. at least that's what I get from the countless threads on a bunch of forums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote