Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #99
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Camaropete. Thanks for posting this, it's a great suplement.

I agree with most of the comments.

I would have to say from a passenger seat point of view, not having the height adjustment might be an issue for shorter passengers. Mrs. Number 3 as I've said many times is 5' 2" and for her, she feels like she is sitting in a hole. Not that she can't see out mind you, but she is about chin high to the door belt line. And for me, being 6' this hasn't been an issue. So if Mrs. Number 3 were posting she might rate this as an issue.

I've noticed the lack of a grab handle. Actually noticed it right away. But since have decided it must be of little consequence as I don't miss it. I think you miss it if you are used to having one, so it is certainly a valid concern for some folks.

Yes, rear seat access is limited, but I accept that in a 2 + 2 that is what you get. But some buyers may fairly gripe about that.

And I agree that looking at the sunvisors, they may be tiny. But the few times I've had to use them they were fine. Were they are really bad is if you want to swing them to the left to cover the side glass. Nearly zero value there. But again, I am 6' and sit taller because of the short legs and for me the sunvisors work fine for the forward view. But this is probably height dependant.

And I love the deep dish steering wheel. It adds so much character to the interior. But I can see your friends point of view on the angle. I don't mind it. But it is there.

He is pretty much spot on with the performance of the V6. I've said it many times here that it is flat awesome and provides great acceleration and passing.

I only really quibble on one comment. It isn't a Buick or Cadillac......is he lumping the two together as soft riding? or is he bracketing the two brands. My belief is that the 1LT IS like a Cadillac, a Cadillac CTS. Guys I have lot of respect for in the ride and handling arena have made similar comments after driving Number 3.

That's good to get perspectives like that on the details. What isn't important to me may bother some of you a great deal.

Again great input from your friend. Thanks to you for supplying it. See if he can send you some pics. Not too many silver from what I've seen so far.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #100
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Camaropete. Thanks for posting this, it's a great suplement.

And I agree that looking at the sunvisors, they may be tiny. But the few times I've had to use them they were fine. Were they are really bad is if you want to swing them to the left to cover the side glass. Nearly zero value there. But again, I am 6' and sit taller because of the short legs and for me the sunvisors work fine for the forward view. But this is probably height dependant.

I only really quibble on one comment. It isn't a Buick or Cadillac......is he lumping the two together as soft riding? or is he bracketing the two brands. My belief is that the 1LT IS like a Cadillac, a Cadillac CTS. Guys I have lot of respect for in the ride and handling arena have made similar comments after driving Number 3.

That's good to get perspectives like that on the details. What isn't important to me may bother some of you a great deal.

Again great input from your friend. Thanks to you for supplying it. See if he can send you some pics. Not too many silver from what I've seen so far.
Number 3, he was saying exactly what you were mentioning about the visor. That when you put it to the left to cover the side window, you don't get much covereage.

I think he was using the Buick/Cadillac statement as an exaggeration. Meaning, you feel the ride of the car because it is a performance car.

I am checking on the pictures.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #101
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
can someone else confirm this? This seems really weird both seats wouldnt be height adjustable on the final production model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
The latest specs book says that the passenger seat is 4-way adjustable. I am assuming this is fore/aft and recline up and back. Perhaps Number 3 can chime in to confirm more for you.
Both Number 3 (1LT) and 296 (2SS) lack any height adjustment on the passenger seat.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #102
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
According to the" GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CAMARO" PDF
the SS driver's side has a 6-Way Adjustable power seat (description is second)
but the 4-way driver's side (below) ALSO goes up and down(description is first)

Quote:
Both Number 3 (1LT) and 296 (2SS) lack any height adjustment on the passenger seat.
MOST CARS LACK THAT ESPECIALLY THE PONY CARS, I KNOW MY MUSTANG DOES
IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THE PASSENGER LOOKS THE SAME AS TEH 4-WAY MINUS THE UP AND DOWN, AND YOU SLIDE FORWARD WITH THE BAR UNDER THE SEAT, CORRECT Number 3?

SORRY I HAD TO BREAK UP THE PIC BECUZ IT WAS TOO BIG
Attached Images

Last edited by Camarino; 03-30-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Camarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #103
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
According to the" GETTING TO KNOW YOUR CAMARO" PDF
the SS driver's side has a 6-Way Adjustable power seat (description is second)
but the 4-way driver's side (below) ALSO goes up and down(description is first)

MOST CARS LACK THAT ESPECIALLY THE PONY CARS, I KNOW MY MUSTANG DOES
IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THE PASSENGER LOOKS THE SAME AS TEH 4-WAY MINUS THE UP AND DOWN, AND YOU SLIDE FORWARD WITH THE BAR UNDER THE SEAT, CORRECT Number 3?

SORRY I HAD TO BREAK UP THE PIC BECUZ IT WAS TOO BIG
Yes, this is correct. The driver seat has up/down adjustment, the passenger seat does not. I believe the manual up down lever shown is on the LS??? Number 3 has the 6 way power seat. Passenger seat on both Number 3 and 296 is manual for/aft, with power recliner. So the same for 1LT and 2SS.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #104
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Most would agree that we HAD to keep the 'look' of the concept.

Many arguments ensued over whether or not the roof should be raised - and when it IS raised, the car loses 'the look' -- so the decision was to go with the lowered roof.......

Now -- that necessarily drives other stuff -- like sun visors. Remember: in the 2003 model year, the Federal Government phased in a head impact standard (which was the reason the 4th gen went away and the nameplate went on hiatus..)

Originally we planned on lighted vanity mirrors -- but -- couldn't put them in the program and pass (with flying colors) the head impact standard.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #105
Camarino

Quote:
Yes, this is correct. The driver seat has up/down adjustment, the passenger seat does not. I believe the manual up down lever shown is on the LS??? Number 3 has the 6 way power seat. Passenger seat on both Number 3 and 296 is manual for/aft, with power recliner. So the same for 1LT and 2SS.
thnx much
Old 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #106
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
^^ Do you enjoy bashing this car or something?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #107
Wassert

Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
I CANT READ NUMBER 3'S REVIEW

when i click on it, it says i typed it wrong????

will someone please copy and paste it to a PM for me or make a thread with it

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM   #108
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
So honestly, what happened in the engine bay department then?

Before (Concept tease!):
http://www.iroczone.com/Carlisle2006/Concept_021.JPG

Production:
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...ro.eng.500.jpg

The later is rather lame, not to mention lacking the beautiful 3-point strut tower brace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
^^ Do you enjoy bashing this car or something?
alotta negativity lol
the LATTER is more realistic, the concept just wasn't realistic, besides most want it to look like a motor, like a functioning apparatus ya know
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #109
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassert View Post
when i click on it, it says i typed it wrong????

will someone please copy and paste it to a PM for me or make a thread with it

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
PM sent.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #110
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Thank You Number 3 for sharing your thoughts on the new Camaro. I am glad you had the chance to have a CTF and give your honest feedback. GM really went the extra mile on this car to ensure perfection. I am sure the smallest little bugs were found on the CTF and fixed quickly by GM BEFORE any our cars ever leave the factory. Thank You, Thank You !