Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #57
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Who is this guy? Is this really someone from GM? Kinda looks fishy how I see this guy post and nothing really said about the poster being helpful. I have seen some post that he's a fake but he's got a lot of posts in his bio.

He's a real rep from GM. The account was held by someone named Jeff and he handed it over to Brandon awhile ago.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #58
jaggedx

Drives: Lots of stuff plus a 2012 Black ZL1
He is for real, I sent him a pm with the info he requested and someone from gm followed up with my dealer to clarify their findings or lack thereof. I think gm is trying to be proactive with customer service.

They suggested that I leave the car with the dealer for a while so they could try to duplicate the problem but I am not really crazy about having the techs cruising around in my car just waiting for the air to do what Itold them it was doing. If it does act up while they are driving it it's likely that it would be normal again by the time they got back to the dealer.

Just hoping that a fix is found at gm.
jaggedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #59
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
I've been exchanging PMs with Bendon but was still getting the classic cant do anything till it can be reproduced.... Then today Eric my service advisor @ Chapman chevy sent me an email - Seems the other ZL1 they got just after mine has the same exact problem. Chapman has now opened a Case with the GM tech center to resolve this issue but as of today there is no repair / fix. These things can take a long time, seems to be a software issue with the HVAC, will keep you informed.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #60
TUCSONZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1-#132
Please do-mine did the exact same thing that yours did yesterday.
TUCSONZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #61
itsadryheat79

Yea it really sucks when the AC starts to blow hot!

Tuesday @5pm I sat in the cell parking lot at PHX airport waiting for my son to arrive. All the while the temp outside was 115plus and the car blew nice cold air. The engine temp was fine between 198-202 while idling. As soon as I leave the parking lot the engine temp dropped to 192-194 and while the car was moving HOT A/C AIR - I had to roll the window down. As long as the car is moving below 70MPH in ambient temp of 112 plus it continued to blow HOT A/C AIR. Uggggg I'm so frustrated that now I'm driving my 03 Avalanche to work!

Last edited by itsadryheat79; 08-17-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Tuesday
itsadryheat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #62
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 SUMMIT WHITE
The same just happened to me. Running errands and after the 3rd stop, pulled out of the parking lot and nothing but warm air. It's 110 today and has never happened with 2200 miles now. Turned the dial to off while driving, waited 5 seconds and turned it back on and within seconds...nice cold air.

Seems like a silly question, but has anyone else tried this WITHOUT shutting the car off ? Worked for me, at least this time.

If it only happens every 60-70 days or 2200 miles, whichever comes 1st, and this works (if there is a next time), no worries for me until problem is isolated.
AZ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #63
itsadryheat79

I'll will try this (power off/on) and it see if I can get simular results. This blowing hot air happens to me more often like any time the ambient temp says 107+ on the raidio. I drive in sport mode a lot and have noticed that it happens less often in tour mode - Thanks for the suggestion!

Driving with hot air really blows!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #64
blackzl1az

Drives: Black ZL1
I am also from Phoenix and am encountering the very same problem. At about 110 degrees the air barely keeps the car at a decent temperature while driving. At startup I have about a 20 second delay where HOT air is blown in and at red lights the AC barely blows cool air.
blackzl1az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss

Drives: 2012 ZL1 SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzl1az View Post
I am also from Phoenix and am encountering the very same problem. At about 110 degrees the air barely keeps the car at a decent temperature while driving. At startup I have about a 20 second delay where HOT air is blown in and at red lights the AC barely blows cool air.
Your issue sounds different than the "intermittent" problems reported earlier, ie, works just fine and all of a sudden, stops blowing cold.
AZ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #66
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzl1az View Post
I certainly apologize for the concern you may be experiencing. If you could please provide me with your VIN via PM, I will definitely look into this.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #67
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
a/c not working

my air on my ZL stops blowing cold air when it gets hot outside.it will go from blowing cold air to blowing hot air air when temps go over 89o.it happened a couple of times in az.and the last 2 days when it was in the 90s here it did the same thing.i was driving not sitting still.my car is at the dealer now.as many complaints as i see here why is it that G.M.has not issued any statement on this so dealers would know what is causing this.
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #68
MY CA.ZL1

ok,after 2 times having my ZL1 in the dealer for the air,here is what G.M told them they have no known complaints of a/c issues.when i know i complainted.i was in az.and ca.when the air went from cool to blowing hotair in the car.even when moving.what did g.m.have to say?that between the service mang.the tech and myself maybe we didnot know how to turn it on right.lol like the 2 knobs are way hard?so far i have lost over a week on this.the dealer has been great.G.M.just gets quite when there is issues.it takes alot to get a zone mang.out to the dealer.i love this car.but i have had one issue after another.rearend noise,fog light,molding around window falling off and now the a/c.my 2001 ss burned up and i still brought another one.lol sorry this just ticks me off.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #69
MY CA.ZL1

by the way if anyone has file a issue with chev.about the a/c or if anyone has had this issue and knows what causes it.i would love to know about it.i know that people in az.la.fl.with the ZL1 has had issues with the a/c but i havenot read were anyone has had it fixed yet?and what was there fix?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #70
TUCSONZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1-#132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 View Post
by the way if anyone has file a issue with chev.about the a/c or if anyone has had this issue and knows what causes it.i would love to know about it.i know that people in az.la.fl.with the ZL1 has had issues with the a/c but i havenot read were anyone has had it fixed yet?and what was there fix?
I gave my vin# to Brandon of GM and all he said was there are no known recalls and take it to the dealer to see what he can do?
TUCSONZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote