Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #43
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
In 1981, my sister wanted a new Z. I, a constructiion worker, a friend, a welder, and my sister, a waitress, all still imn work clothes went to the chevy dealer in Turnersville N.J. After 10 minutes of no salesman coming over we left and she bought the Z the next day at another dealer!
We bought our ZL1 from Turnersville. I work for the corporate group so we got their only 2012.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #44
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I'm broke AND in a wheelchair but I was still mobbed by salespeople when I looked at my ZL1. lol
Well since I am also in a wheelchair I guess i can comment without someone thinking i am being rude(hopefully)! THE REASON YOU GOT MOBBED AS YOU PUT IS THAT YOU WENT IN ASKED,AND TOLD THEM YOU WERE BUYING A ZL1. I am sorry no one that is really broke can afford to buy a ZL1,you most likely traded in your yellow ss which still no one really broke purchases a 40k car.I have seen your youtube posts,your not broke or look broke,unless you went broke buying a ZL1 which is just plain silly.Broke is like some of my other disabled friends that cant afford a 500 car since they only have 100 bucks left out of their disability checks after bills each month.NOW ALL THAT BEING SAID LIFE IS HARD ENOUGH WITH HAVING TO BE IN A CHAIR SO I AM TRULY HAPPY TO SEE YOU BEING ABLE TO BE UP AND DRIVING AND ABLE TO OWN SUCH A GREAT CAR,ENJOY HAVE FUN,AND BE SAFE IN IT.

OH when I went there I got off a metro bus in sweat pants,and a t-shirt because anything else is too hard to put on as my spine is fused from my belly up to the base of my brain,which is why i was wearing that,also the lady who was with me was black and wearing a nurse helpers uniform,and color never came to my mine until someone else stated it happened to him(snackbar) and he thought it was due to race which is sad.OH yeah the salesmen in the golf carts were all white,and when i was finally helped the salesman turn out to be Hispanic,sad OH i am white,another good day for WHAT WOULD YOU DO(t.v. show if you dont watch) ,lol

Last edited by gen=5; 09-25-2013 at 04:39 AM. Reason: cause i can.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
there are a couple of things to mention to your original post.. the most important thing to start off with is that we (humans) have a natural repulsion to anyone with a disability.. second thing is if the TSA profiled people the way car salesmen do, we wouldn't have near the problems we do when we fly.. third is that I hope you weren't playing the pity card because you served in the military and were handicapped..
Thank you to those that understood the reason for my post that it was about poor customer service to those that appear to lack the funds to purchase a vehicle and had nothing to do with pity or the fact i was in a wheelchair...Now it could of to the salesman,and until i read a post from someone else you mention he was black and it happened to him race didn't come to mine,as i was being pushed by a sweet older black lady dressed in a nurses helper suit.
Pity never came to my mine,why would it I had cash in my pocket to purchase a ZL1.That comment was a bit rude its like asking the guys up on stage that are asking for funds so they can get help medical help for injuries they got in combat,or those asking for funds to cure their cancer if they want pity from others, because they are disabled and telling their story,or when the V.A. forgets about us and we go and ask for help because it takes a yr or more for extra medical help with PTSD. NO one wants pity,anyway sorry for my out burst but its just rude..HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY PITY THAT I ASK FOR AND ITS FROM THE COPS TO NOT WRITE ME A TICKET ,LOL FINALLY TOOK PICTURES RIGHT AFTER A RAIN STORM .FASTLANE DID A GREAT JOB ON THE CARBON AND MOTOR WORK,AND ITS GOING BACK MONDAY MORNING FOR MORE INCLUDING A HEX,T/B AND SOME OTHER STUFF,AND NO I DIDN'T GO BACK TO THE SALESMAN AT LONESTAR AND SAY HEY LOOK AT IT BECAUSE HE AS I SAID WAS NICE AFTER SOMEONE HELPED ME 20 MINS LATER OR WHATEVER IT WAS...
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #46
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #47
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I did something similar back in my early 20's. My dad was talking to the Porsche dealer about a 928. He knew his salesman was out of town but decided he wanted the car. He wanted to see if the dealership would sell the car to a kid with a T-Shirt, cut off blue jeans and some pretty badly worn tennis shoes.

Well they ignored for a while till the sales manager came and asked why was I in his dealership. Told him I wanted to buy the 928, had a check and he could call the bank down the street my checking account was at. He sold me the car and the freaking other sales folks freaked out that they lost out.

Funnier yet was when the salesman my dad had been talking to came back to work he called my dad and said he was sorry but they sold the car while he was out. Dad said it was ok since it was his son they sold the car to.
A question, Scott, if you don't mind:

1) Did your dad's salesman get credit/commission for the sale? Or do you think that matters?
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #48
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
well I do intend on going back there, because i want to get a car cover for it with the ZL1 printed on it if they have them

Stop stop stop,do not use the car cover from GM it will scratch the s**t out of your car.I had one and put it in the trash because thats where it belongs.I now have a cover from Covercraft(duststop) that is 100 times better.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
People should never judge a book by its cover but many do...
Back in the day, my brother was the Finance Manager at a Chevy dealership. Some bum walked in, dirty and smelly, etc. No one even said hello to him. My brother asked if he could help him and the guys says "yes, I would like to look at a Corvette ZR1" My brother showed him the two that he had on the lot and the guy said he wanted to buy the red one. He then asked my brother if the dealership would take a check. The check was a starter check so my brother told the guy that it is policy to verify with the bank on any check under #100. Bank says the guy won a huge lawsuit and give him anything he wants. 1 ZR1 sold!!! A week later the guy comes back and buys a second. He basically told every other sales person to go eff off when he past them and headed straight to my brother's office. It as a great story then and still is. I'll never forget it and I'll never judge a book by its cover...
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #50
gen=5

you got that right well i hope that guy is still enjoying his ZR1 and lol all the way down the road
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #51
gen=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Stop stop stop,do not use the car cover from GM it will scratch the s**t out of your car.I had one and put it in the trash because thats where it belongs.I now have a cover from Covercraft(duststop) that is 100 times better.
really well that sucks because i almost got one,was your car clean or was it just because of what it was made from?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #52
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
I couldn't agree more with you OP. I got a new car over the summer and pulled up in my Lexus as I had not planned to stop by the dealership that day otherwise i wouldn't have taken it. I didn't even get a chance to get out of my car when I could see 4 salesman literally running to my car. I was shocked to see them coming towards me so fast. I was actually wearing nice clothes and all and I guess they thought I was gonna buy that day. I just test drove and left. I went back 2 weeks later in my 08 jeep in jeans and a old polo and I noticed that no one came running to my car but I could see the salesman inside looking at me waiting to get out of my car. I did and walked over to the car model i was interested in and started looking. To my surprise for almost 15 mins no one came out to greet me or anything. I then noticed a young guy in his early 20's coming towards me. He greeted me and asked what I was looking for, I told him, and he went over the cars features and we got to talking. He mentioned how he hated the dealership and how the other salesmen were ****** and how they were talking about me when i pulled up saying that I wasnt here to buy as I didnt look like I had money. He explained thats why no one came outside to help you. He said they were telling him to not waste his time on me either. I was surprised to hear him say that. OP you arent the only one who's experienced what you mentioned. I have experienced similar. So now when ever I go to buy a car I dress my worst and take the crappiest car I own just to mess with the salesmen.
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote