Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
Question '14 MyLink questions

So after owning this car for awhile and getting acquainted with it I have found a couple things that irk me, that I'm almost ready to swap out the mylink radio with an aftermarket and lose some other info that it displays.

1) Does not stay on Pandora, I don't care if the Bluetooth dies and everything stays silent, it shouldn't switch off what I'm using. This includes turning off and on the car when just at a gas station.

2) Navigation hates anything above stopped when trying to put in a new location. I've heard of voice control but I hate fighting with systems that don't understand me because I don't talk like a robot or there is lots of background noise. I can understand above 10 mph lock out to an extent but it also does it rolling under 5 mph which is a pain, this then requires me to pull out my phone and do it from there which the point of having hte navigation system fixed and forward is so I can keep my eyes on the road easier and not be starting at my phone. I never text and drive but its not always convenient to pull over down some stretches of roads to get a new destination.

Are either of these correctable by a software upgrade or heck even a mod.

My assumptions from what I've looked so far for is nope not at all and go with an after market Head Unit to replace MyLink then the questions are what will I be giving up

---- Please help all opinions are welcome even the not helpful ones of why would you want to and the simple answer is because I can already in my other vehicle ----

THANKS!!
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:53 AM   #2
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
The only thing you give up with an aftermarket system would be radio and nav info being sent to the HUD. Also some aftermarket systems interfere with the TPMS. I tried a Scosche unit. It cancelled out my left rear TPMS. Also the key fob remote was not as effective from reasonable distances. On the plus side, if you get a Garmin system, the nav is light years better than Mylink. But Mylink is a lot simpler to operate, especially when trying to do so while trying to concentrate on your driving.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
thanks benji, losing the nav on the HUD would suck as it does make life simpler with it there.
Would not want to interfere with TPMS either, good things to think about.
The remote losing some distance would definitely suck LOL

Maybe there is a head unit with harness that will integrate this feature still- looks to be some more research ahead.
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The NAV destination issue is common on GM vehicles (of the three I've used anyway) and there isn't a workaround that I'm aware.

The Pandora issue would appear to be a glitch. I've seen a few people complain of the Radio not staying on their selected input. I've not experienced that issue.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote