Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
SOMESOB

Drives: 2010 CHEVY CAMARO
2010 camaro Check engine light

camaro -2ss chevy camaro was ready to take me on vacation with only 78miles on the spedo... 4:30 am. happy camper.. i get down the road about 35 mi or so and the "fpuxxkxxx" CHECK ENGINE LIGHT comes on. I pull over, look it over, turn around and go home...after i got to the house then the REMOTE STARTER wont work.....what else is up with this 2ss chevy camaro..iam thinking.......

anyone have any ideas befor monday morning ...?????
thanks

Last edited by SOMESOB; 02-24-2012 at 03:00 AM.
SOMESOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Ideas ? Hmmmmmm.........Destiny in all likehood has played its hand. Lets see..........unexpected Sunday morning problems near home with the new ride, home safe and sound, starter issue or some sorts.

Someone's got something better than good or bad luck looking after them.

Need proof? Wondering who that may be............ go out, sit in the drivers seat of your new ride, adjust your rearview mirror towards the person sitting behind the steering wheel..... Alls well that ends well at the dealership tommorrow and prudently, you'll be back into the game. :-)

Quote:
Highway Patrol and several other agencies responded to the scene of a fatal accident early Sunday morning.
Authorities say 21-year-old Sonya Clark lost control of her car, slammed into the edge of the Leechville bridge on Highway 264 and crashed into the Pungo River.

They say Clark did not survive the crash, although it is unclear whether she died on impact or if she drowned. Her car was pulled from the water in three pieces. There were no other passengers in the car.
http://http://www.witn.com/northeast.../48724712.html

Now this was Sunday a week or so ago..........but early in the morning just the same. Casper
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
Remote start is disabled when the check engine light is on- keeps you from starting the car remote and causing damage.

Tip- hit the onstar button and ask the representative to tell you what the light is on for.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
Got a lemon. Take it back and get a different one!

Mine has been back to the dealer 3 going on 4 times because they can't fix the friggin USB port and it's only 3 months old.

It looks good going down the road though...
Old 08-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
You turned around and cancelled your trip for a check engine light? All you had to do was press the OnStar button and tell them to check your car. THEY will tell you if its serious or not, right there. You may not have had to go home.

A new car => read the manual
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
chewy8

Drives: 96 bonneville
check your gas cap bets thats it remote start might be disabled when the check engine light comes on
chewy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
You definitely need to determine what the problem is by scanning the code (or calling onstar for same). Even if the CEL is off, the scan will still report recent codes. Once you know what the code is, you can decide if its important enough to cancel your vac.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
kryptonian
awsome!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
UPDATE?
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
You turned around and cancelled your trip for a check engine light? All you had to do was press the OnStar button and tell them to check your car. THEY will tell you if its serious or not, right there. You may not have had to go home.

A new car => read the manual
onstar only reads from a code list they dont diagnose,only a fool would take it on a trip without getting it repaired,the light comes on for various reasons and yes some as simple as gas cap but some that are capable of leaving the driver stranded.The other tidbit you should take from this is if you drive it with the light on you have no way of knowing if another problem hap cropped up since its not like the check engine light get brighter or anything.PLease dont tell people to have there cars diagnosed over the airwaves by some person who has in all actuality never even changed there own oil,sorry but statements like the one above really piss me off.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
SOMESOB

Drives: 2010 CHEVY CAMARO
it turns out,,,that if your gas cap doesnt get tighten correctly,,,the check engine light can come on,,,then preventing the remote starter to operate,,,,the fix is to then ,,,check for the error with a code reader,,remove the error code from the cars
computer,reseat the gas cap properly,,,then start car with remote starter,,,,,thats exactly what the car deal did for me.....and i said thank you, and went home!.

note# OnStar was completly waste of time,, on this particular prob.mabe next time ..o.s.folks,,

Last edited by SOMESOB; 02-19-2012 at 01:13 AM.
SOMESOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Well, my check engine light use to come on too but, mine was the sensor in the gas tank that they had to replace and not the gas cap.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
Well, my check engine light use to come on too but, mine was the sensor in the gas tank that they had to replace and not the gas cap.
I wonder if my check engine light came on for this reason...the dealer said it was the fuel reg or rale sensor but they kept her overnite!
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtrofablock View Post
I wonder if my check engine light came on for this reason...the dealer said it was the fuel reg or rale sensor but they kept her overnite!
I know mine hasn't came back on since they fixed it. Which has been 2 months now.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #14
Qtrofablock

Drives: 12 LS M6 All Blk
Well hopefully it will get taken care of in the mornin! They had no urgency about trying to fix it today, all the service rep said was it had to be diagnosed by the tech, even though i told him wat onstar said....
Custom mats by Llyods/ AAC colorshift 2.0 halos ,footwells/ HID/LEDS by AAC/ Aqua interior and trunk/ Black billet upper and lower grilles/ Black billet bowties.MRT V2/Magnaflow X pipe/Rx catch can and oil breather cap/ C.A.I. Intake/Scoop/ww relocater/Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Qtrofablock is offline   Reply With Quote