Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
I ordered the autometer a-pillar pod today(amongst others) because of this thread! This GA snow and working from home is draining my wallet.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
SilverSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
Man whoever did that boost controller and put the wideband on the column did a pretty sweet job I think
I 2nd that! very clean setup on that boost controller!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE View Post

I 2nd that! very clean setup on that boost controller!
It was us btw haha
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #18
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
It was us btw haha
Just got in here to see this. I can't make my smartass response I was going to! I am very pleased with it though.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #19
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Just got in here to see this. I can't make my smartass response I was going to! I am very pleased with it though.
Haha I tree'd the Shit out of you!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #20
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
If I wanted to add some gauges, what type would you guys recomend.

I do not race the car at all so more of a knowledge while driving thing.

SLP TVS2300, Headers, CAI,3.6 pulley,voltage booster, 3" Retro Catback.

Definately a Boost gauge and AFR gauge, any other suggestions or just get those 2?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #21
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
If I wanted to add some gauges, what type would you guys recomend.

I do not race the car at all so more of a knowledge while driving thing.

SLP TVS2300, Headers, CAI,3.6 pulley,voltage booster, 3" Retro Catback.

Definately a Boost gauge and AFR gauge, any other suggestions or just get those 2?
With a PD type blower you don't need a boost gauge as it is mechanically locked. it will be what it will be, I do agree with getting a wideband 02 gauge and if you want a dual pod setup I would probably do a fuel pressure gauge. Or just get an aeroforce w/ the wideband and fuel pressure input and have only 1 gauge and be done with it.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #22
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
With a PD type blower you don't need a boost gauge as it is mechanically locked. it will be what it will be, I do agree with getting a wideband 02 gauge and if you want a dual pod setup I would probably do a fuel pressure gauge. Or just get an aeroforce w/ the wideband and fuel pressure input and have only 1 gauge and be done with it.
I have a PD blower and my boost varies with elevation. I like to keep an eye on it so I have boost and fuel pressure on the Autometer a-pillar pod and a wideband on the SLP steering wheel pod.
I also have an Ultragauge reading out fuel trims, IAT's, coolant temps etc.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #23
pdiddy

Drives: 2011 2SS
Is the ultragauge a joke or is it really good live data its really cheap which makes me hesitant. But if it gives good live data it would be something that I wouldnt mind viewing some prameters with from time to time prob be a glove box type thing to pull out at certain times and use.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #24
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
link to where you bought these?
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #25
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankSS View Post
I have a PD blower and my boost varies with elevation. I like to keep an eye on it so I have boost and fuel pressure on the Autometer a-pillar pod and a wideband on the SLP steering wheel pod.
I also have an Ultragauge reading out fuel trims, IAT's, coolant temps etc.
Yes it does vary but being a PD blower you don't have to have it, it's purely so you can see it for your own enjoyment. If you were tuning based on elevation you would be watching the map sensor not a boost gauge. I'm not hating on you having one I just am stating you don't have to get one simply because you have a pd style supercharger. There are more important things you can monitor.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #26
RankSS

Quote:
Yes it does vary but being a PD blower you don't have to have it, it's purely so you can see it for your own enjoyment. If you were tuning based on elevation you would be watching the map sensor not a boost gauge. I'm not hating on you having one I just am stating you don't have to get one simply because you have a pd style supercharger. There are more important things you can monitor.

I see what you are saying. I am not trying to tune with the boost gauge it is just for my enjoyment and curiosity mostly.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #27
RankSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddy View Post
Is the ultragauge a joke or is it really good live data its really cheap which makes me hesitant. But if it gives good live data it would be something that I wouldnt mind viewing some prameters with from time to time prob be a glove box type thing to pull out at certain times and use.
The Ultragauge is cheap but it does give you real time obd2 data and it is small enough to put anywhere.
I got it mainly for IAT's and a real time real numbers engine temp readout.
I have mine on the right hand AC vent. Easy to tuck in the wire at the fuse cover and the plug it into the obd2 port.
Programmable displays.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #28
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I'm looking to get IAT2 and knock retard. When road racing these two items go hand in hand and will let you know when the heat issues are begining to affect power long before any of the main fluid temps start to rise. I have been tring to monitor with obd-ii bluetooth systems but always have problems with syncing and lag. Maybe my android is crap.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote