Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Question about cops

So the other morning I was heading to work, and my neighbor is a cop. He gets out behind me and when I start to get onto the interstate he flies up behind me. Then he gets beside me and runs the same speed I am running for a little bit(the speed limit). I couldn't tell if he was trying to bait me into going WOT or what.

He lives at the bottom of an intersection literally right beside the stop sign. I regularly will do a WOT pull here and there going home(I never break the speed limit). I just do it because I enjoy listening to it sing a little.

Do you think it could've been some kind of intimidation tactic that morning? If so, am I actually breaking any laws that could get me in trouble? When I go WOT at the stop sign I always completely stop and just run it to second. Speed limit being 55 I think I usually just touch 60 or a tad over.

Also, when I was on the on ramp I usually stay in third(once again to her it sing a little), but never break the speed limit. I think he took off trying to catch me and once he got up to me he had to hit the brakes hard cause I was only doing 70 lol.

Anywho, it's just been odd and I am just seeing if anyone has any kind of experience with this.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Exhibition of speed is an offense, yes. So just don't go WOT around him. Doesn't matter if it's under the speed limit.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #3
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Maybe he was just checking out your car.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
nancygrl
ユキヒョウ

Drives: 19 1SS/1LE '17 Z71 Truck
Since he's a neighbor, spark up a friendly conversation one day if possible, might just be into cars and an admirer. But I'd cool down the WOT's when pulling out of there, just never know.

4200 Vehicle Shipped 6/25/2019
5000/6000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer/Customer 7/9/2019
Old 02-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
Timbo10835

Drives: 2014 LS
Here's a link to NC violations/fines.

http://www.nccourts.org/forms/Documents/1219.pdf

I'd avoid contact; wouldn't want to find out if his motives will cost you.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Exhibition of speed is an offense, yes. So just don't go WOT around him. Doesn't matter if it's under the speed limit.
Looking at the NCcourt thing at the bottom and I don't see it listed, either way I'll keep it below 2K RPM's from here on out. Can't help that my car accelerates faster than that old crown vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Since he's a neighbor, spark up a friendly conversation one day if possible, might just be into cars and an admirer. But I'd cool down the WOT's when pulling out of there, just never know.
idk didn't seem that innocent unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo10835 View Post
Here's a link to NC violations/fines.

http://www.nccourts.org/forms/Documents/1219.pdf

I'd avoid contact; wouldn't want to find out if his motives will cost you.
Good info, thanks!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
lolz, are you doing throttle enhancement in front of his home?
probably not the best idea.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
Was he in his personal vehicle or a patrol cruiser when he paced you?
Old 02-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I wish I have a cop for a neighbor.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #10
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I was hauling a large, older used TV in the back of my truck one day. I was driving along, when a cop came up fast behind me, damn near climbing on top of my rear bumper, and kicked his lights and siren on simultaneously. He shouted something over the PA, sounded like, "Get the funk outta the way!"

I was startled, and figuring I was holding him from some life or death emergency, I cranked the wheel a little too quickly to get off of the road and out of his way. As I did so, the TV fell onto it's face and utterly, completely imploded.

I came to a stop, and the cop pulled up next to me. He was still on that PA... I heard some sort of cartoonish laughter, followed by, "Gotcha, sucka!"

It was my laugh- a- minute neighbor cop. He still thinks that was a pretty funny one.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #11
Scalded Dog

Same cop was a K9 handler. One day, he asked me to help him with some routine training of the dog. The dog would be muzzled, so what could possibly go wrong?

Chris instructed me to shove him in the chest, and run like hell. I was only to happy to comply with the shove... it isn't every day that you get to do that to a uniformed officer! I shoved, and I ran. I made it about 50 feet or so.

The dog, which was apparently blessed with the gift of flight, then launched through the air, and took me down. This dog was trained to go for the crotch, and in spite of being muzzled, there's still some hurt to be delivered. the dog scratched the holy hell out of me, and gave my crotch an unwanted doin' over.

Eventually, Chris arrived, and shouted some commands to the dog. The dog backed off.

By now, having heard a hell of a commotion, every damn one of my neighbors was outside trying to figure out what was going on.

My awesome cop neighbor then handcuffed me, and put me in the back of his car, before driving away, with his "captured suspect."

I'm pretty sure that most of those neighbors still think that I must be some sort of criminal.

Yup. Laugh- a- minute.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #12
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I was hauling a large, older used TV in the back of my truck one day. I was driving along, when a cop came up fast behind me, damn near climbing on top of my rear bumper, and kicked his lights and siren on simultaneously. He shouted something over the PA, sounded like, "Get the funk outta the way!"

I was startled, and figuring I was holding him from some life or death emergency, I cranked the wheel a little too quickly to get off of the road and out of his way. As I did so, the TV fell onto it's face and utterly, completely imploded.

I came to a stop, and the cop pulled up next to me. He was still on that PA... I heard some sort of cartoonish laughter, followed by, "Gotcha, sucka!"

It was my laugh- a- minute neighbor cop. He still thinks that was a pretty funny one.
LMAO!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #13
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Same cop was a K9 handler. One day, he asked me to help him with some routine training of the dog. The dog would be muzzled, so what could possibly go wrong?

Chris instructed me to shove him in the chest, and run like hell. I was only to happy to comply with the shove... it isn't every day that you get to do that to a uniformed officer! I shoved, and I ran. I made it about 50 feet or so.

The dog, which was apparently blessed with the gift of flight, then launched through the air, and took me down. This dog was trained to go for the crotch, and in spite of being muzzled, there's still some hurt to be delivered. the dog scratched the holy hell out of me, and gave my crotch an unwanted doin' over.

Eventually, Chris arrived, and shouted some commands to the dog. The dog backed off.

By now, having heard a hell of a commotion, every damn one of my neighbors was outside trying to figure out what was going on.

My awesome cop neighbor then handcuffed me, and put me in the back of his car, before driving away, with his "captured suspect."

I'm pretty sure that most of those neighbors still think that I must be some sort of criminal.

Yup. Laugh- a- minute.
LMFAO!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #14
Scalded Dog

When he had first gotten his K9, his car was modified for the dog. One modification was an automatic door, so that if the cop was in trouble, he could release the dog. Chris explained how it was opened by voice technology that would ONLY respond to his voice.

He demonstrated... every time he commanded, "Door, open!" the door would pop open. It was pretty cool. But, he said, it was so cool that it would ONLY respond to his voice.

I was pretty sure that I could defeat it by at least trying to imitate his voice.

I tried, and tried. Then I tried some more. After trying some more, eventually, Chris told me that I was an idiot, and he showed me the remote control fob in his hand.

Closed Thread