Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
What was he really expecting?

It is a Muscle Car. Last time I checked if you went to check out a luxury car you might not like how it rides like a boat. I repeat...It is a Muscle Car. Slow down and relax in something else. Adjust the seats for control or this beast and become one with it. Use your mirrors because with 426 HP you should not be turning your head that far anyway. When you park it should be way out in the lot so it does not get dinged up anyway. Maybe he should check out a Masaratti cause they are fast and pretty darn comfy. But for under 40K it has it all over the compitition. Fix Or Repaired Daily, and Ditched Or Dumped Generally Everyday kiss our a**.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
It is a Muscle Car. Last time I checked if you went to check out a luxury car you might not like how it rides like a boat. I repeat...It is a Muscle Car. Slow down and relax in something else. Adjust the seats for control or this beast and become one with it. Use your mirrors because with 426 HP you should not be turning your head that far anyway. When you park it should be way out in the lot so it does not get dinged up anyway. Maybe he should check out a Masaratti cause they are fast and pretty darn comfy. But for under 40K it has it all over the compitition. Fix Or Repaired Daily, and Ditched Or Dumped Generally Everyday kiss our a**.
well you can't really say that. considering that Cadillac and BMW are luxury cars. But yeah, the interior will never be as good as those, simply because of cost.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Paintcode40

Drives: Silver Chevy
Angry

You bring me bad news? :slice: anyone else want to bring me bad news?

Name:  pc40sig.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  17.4 KB
Paintcode40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #18
kunkelz28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I had this problem when I bought my GTO it just didn't feel like you were sitting in the right position, but once you mess with the seat and punch the throttle so it throws you back in the seat then it all seemed ok, I am not too worried about seating there is no way that GM would make a car so awesome but make a mistake like ford and have the seating all messed up, just my 2 cents
kunkelz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
When I hear words like underwhelming and cheap plastic, it concerns me. I understand the muscle car isn't a luxury car thing, but my wifes Lexus does 0-60 in 5 seconds or just under. And the interior is excelent. I will pay about 500 dollars more for the Camaro than I paid for hers. If i'm giomg to defend GM and the Camaro, which I do, then I can't pay more for less or I'm an idiot.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying this car as far as I know now but it won't take many more opinions to the contrary to make me reconsider and wait. But in the meantime I may buy a boat and just not buy a car at all. It's the quality that I'll be looking for. I am justified in that since my wifes car is almost as fast with impecable interior for a grand less. Time will tell.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #20
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
The G8 and Camaro have pretty much the same materials used on the inside. The G8 GT is actually a little worse IMO. Looked at both today at the Edmonton Motorshow and I definitly preffered the camaro over the G8. So why did you buy the G8 if interior was such a big deal?
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #21
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
I think when you can actually make adjustments on the seats you will like how it sits. I'm 6'0" and weight around 200lbs and it FIT ME LIKE A GLOVE. I wasn't able to make any adjustments and will be able to drive one before actually getting mine but I have had a couple of 69's and this car WORKS for me. I sit in the Challenger and those seats didn't do a thing for me.
I am 6'4" 210#. Any fit problems for us taller folk? TIA!
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #22
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
....but my wifes Lexus does 0-60 in 5 seconds or just under. And the interior is excelent. I will pay about 500 dollars more for the Camaro than I paid for hers. If i'm giomg to defend GM and the Camaro, which I do, then I can't pay more for less or I'm an idiot.
irpq 11 seriously I don't want you to take this the wrong way but thats a stupid analogy....Lexus is a luxury brand, the interior WILL be completely different, its as to say you would compare the camaro interior to a cadillac or even better a buick! The new lacrosse will be cheaper than a fully loaded Camaro but the interior will be leaps and bounds over in quality and materials..its completely Apples and oranges what your comparing! The interior of the Camaro is in the same catergory as the mustang, challenger, etc etc its not a luxury car its a sports car. two different class of cars two different clientele
Old 02-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ark, I agree with you. A luxury car is going to have a better quality interior. You can't expect an American muscle car to have that type of quality but what I get in return for a little less quality on the inside would be made up by the fact that this is the car my heart is with. However, if the interior is the way I'm hearing more and more about then the scale could be tipped. And atnthat point I can get luxry interior AND the same performance as far as acceleration and speed for less money. I was surprised by the speed and performance of her car. We paid 41k for hers and my Camaro will be just under 42k. Sure the 21" wheels are what makes the cost a little higher but all I'm saying is the interior of the Camaro should be at least quality. Not Lexus quality but better than I'm hearing. Beleive me, I'm not canceling my order yet or anything but I'm concerned with some peoples objective opinions.

And no disclaimers needed to disagree with me brother, I know where you're coming from.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #24
ArcAngel

Well I have sat in it like I stated above and the interior is of good quality. I would equate it to the malibu in terms of touch and feel with a few more retro cues obviously. I am saying this I believe some of these negative reviews are from people expecting to much. Going into this looking for those higher interiors, Not realizing this car for its target audience and cross competition at the same price point WINS in interior design, fit and feel! If people went into it thinking malibu and not caddy they would be ok. PS I put the disclaimer because I just want to make sure you know!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #25
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
The RX330 lexus I drive is nice but the seats are nothing to brag about. Never liked them. Our Silverado has way better seats. If Lexus is luxury, they must of been sleeping when they designed the seats in the RX. Looking forward to getting rid of it and picking up my camaro!
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #26
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Ark, I agree with you. A luxury car is going to have a better quality interior. You can't expect an American muscle car to have that type of quality but what I get in return for a little less quality on the inside would be made up by the fact that this is the car my heart is with. However, if the interior is the way I'm hearing more and more about then the scale could be tipped. And atnthat point I can get luxry interior AND the same performance as far as acceleration and speed for less money. I was surprised by the speed and performance of her car. We paid 41k for hers and my Camaro will be just under 42k. Sure the 21" wheels are what makes the cost a little higher but all I'm saying is the interior of the Camaro should be at least quality. Not Lexus quality but better than I'm hearing. Beleive me, I'm not canceling my order yet or anything but I'm concerned with some peoples objective opinions.

And no disclaimers needed to disagree with me brother, I know where you're coming from.
put it this way. For the prince range of the camaro and lexus you get either a car with great quality interior, but little to no performance and average exterior, or average interior, with high performance and great extrerior.
You either get one or two of them, But you cannot get all three for that price.

That's why the CTS-V, with great interior, high performance, and good exterior looks is over $60,000. Then you have cars like Ferrari's with excellent interior quality, extreme high performance and excellent exterior looks going for over $100,000.

Basically, you get what you pay for.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #27
ArcAngel

camaroyoung that does my heart good to hear that!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #28
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
camaroyoung that does my heart good to hear that!
__________________________________________________ _____________

Just stating the truth. Everyone has their own opinion but I was never impressed with the seating in the RX. It's been a reliable car but don't think I would get another one.
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote