Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #71
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post

Rental cars get extremely good maintenance and are checked carefully after each use. Believe it or not, I have asked people when the last time they changed their car's oil was and they reply back, "Why change it? There's still plenty of oil in there..." Rental cars get regular maintenance, though they also are generally sold off before mileage gets very high anyways.

The "people drive rental cars like they sole them" theory is moot point here....... since I read almost every other post on this forum from Camaro owner's who state clearly that "drive it like you stole it" is exactly how they treat their cars anyways.
Got to disagree. Most times I've returned a car, it leaves on it's next Rental before I leave the building. Every Rental I have ever had, has had the windows smeared from not being cleaned properly - I think they use the Armor-All rag for everything. If they can't clean the Windows, do you really think they are checking the cars over.

As for "Drive em like you stole em" I think there is a Big difference between Every Renter beating on the car vs an Owner taking an Occasional Spirited Run
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #72
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
It would kind of be like going to the house of ill-repute to find a wife, anything that has been ridden that hard and that many times is nothing you want to put your key into... but that's just me..
I like your style!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #73
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I used to travel a LOT for work. I bet at least a half dozen times I've been rented a car that I had to return or refuse because it had problems. Check engine light, burning smell, headlights not working. One had billions of ants all inside it. I doubt they are really maintained. Twice I've had cars not even start when picking up.
Many time I got a car that had less than 100 miles on it- not a word about break-in.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #74
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
As for "Drive em like you stole em" I think there is a Big difference between Every Renter beating on the car vs an Owner taking an Occasional Spirited Run

I think a large majority of people who rent cars are people on vacations and business people on business trips. I would guess that, like me, they're too busy with their activities to be beating the rental car up. I know that at least I don't beat up a rental - that would not be very moral, it is not mine to beat. As for maintaining them, I would guess the budget places might not pay as much attention to detail as the larger organizations, though we are talking about performance-oriented or higher end cars here, which I'd think they might do a little better checking on between rental uses. I don't know, I could be wrong, I'm just basing thoughts on what would be done in good successful business.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #75
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I think a large majority of people who rent cars are people on vacations and business people on business trips. I would guess that, like me, they're too busy with their activities to be beating the rental car up. I know that at least I don't beat up a rental - that would not be very moral, it is not mine to beat. As for maintaining them, I would guess the budget places might not pay as much attention to detail as the larger organizations, though we are talking about performance-oriented or higher end cars here, which I'd think they might do a little better checking on between rental uses. I don't know, I could be wrong, I'm just basing thoughts on what would be done in good successful business.
I would say you are right when those people are renting Hyundai Elantras or Chrysler 200's. But when you get a Camaro or Mustang, it's foot to the Floor!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #76
BMR Sales

How would you like to Buy this Rental?

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/1...n-seat-pocket/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-airport.html
Old 06-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #77
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
No. Rentals have probably seen more air time than Michael Jordan.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #78
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
No way be it a rental or used "pre-owned".
New only be it a Camaro or a DD.
And if I can I wanr to be there when it comes off the transporter.
X-GM tech and know what goes on behind the scene.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #79
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSICKO View Post
Mine was a rental...only issue i had was needing a new wiper motor under warranty...then i modded the shit out of it and i have no problems with it.
Same here
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #80
111wfb

Drives: Camaro
Mine was still under warranty, and was a low mileage red SS convertable. Great buy and would do it again.
111wfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #81
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
It would kind of be like going to the house of ill-repute to find a wife, anything that has been ridden that hard and that many times is nothing you want to put your key into... but that's just me..
Omg lol
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #82
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
My first 5th Gen was a 2010 1LT I had for 3.5 years, didn't realize it had been a rental till I started combing threw the paper work after I had her home, guess it was a rental for roughly three months in the late summer of 2009 in to the late fall/early winter of that year, with less than 4K on it, it was sent to auction after Hertz was done with it. sat at the dealership that bought it from early December til I drove here home on 3-27-2010. in the three years I had it only issue I had was a C-Pillar cover popping off and had to be replaced with a new one covered under warranty and that was it. damn good car!!!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #83
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
My current ride is a 2SS I bought used, when I traded in my 1LT I got over book value even though it was a former rental car. My SS was owned by a fellow in my county just about 15 minutes from my house so I know the complete history on it, even met and talked with the guy a few times. coincidentally both cars had under 4K on them when I took possession of them. the mileage was with in less than a hundred miles. both have/were great cars, no complaints

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote