Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #25481
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
did anything change? PFFVFD NJ thank you !

Don't know if its a change or not , but 3000 status TPW 10/18 as of 9/14
Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #25482
pogiskier

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss black,hurst shifter
Thanks Becky,
Thank goodness I have hours and hours of calculus homework to help pass the standing sitll time here. I can't wait. I cleaned out the garage, abd next week I'll paint it. it'll be ready and waiting for her.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #25483
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogiskier View Post
Thanks Becky,
Thank goodness I have hours and hours of calculus homework to help pass the standing sitll time here. I can't wait. I cleaned out the garage, abd next week I'll paint it. it'll be ready and waiting for her.

Great idea!! The car will look fabulous in a nice clean freshly painted garage. You could probably find some "Camaro parking" signs or Chevy signs and put them up too. It will be here sooner than you think.....well hopefully...Check back anytime.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #25484
PDPCK5

Drives: Looks like its Gonna be a 2SS
Well BeckyD, With your help I was able to communicate with confidence to the dealer about my stuck Camaro order. I hope it isn’t inappropriate to share my experience so far on this forum. I’ve learned so much from others on this forum, maybe my experience will help someone too. …Before reading this understand most of my communication with the dealer occurs by email. The dealer is just over an hour drive away and Email was usually easier for me than phone calls.

· For a month or so I researched local dealers using internet and email almost exclusively. I located a reputable one with a surprisingly good discount from MSRP.
· 8-20 I phoned the chosen dealer, discussed how long they expected I would be waiting to take delivery (6-8 weeks), and then and placed a deposit.
· I began searching on line for information about the Camaro while I waited and discovered this forum. After reading and learning about order tracking on this forum, I requested the order number from the dealer multiple times over the next few weeks and was told repeatedly that GM had not yet picked up the order. I now know I should have insisted on getting the order number immediately when I placed the deposit. All I had gotten was a receipt, which I actually had to request.
· 9-13 I finally insisted that they printout an "Order Event History Report", which I learned on this forum shows the order number and the event codes used by GM to track the order through their system. The dealer finally produced the "Order Event History Report" and emailed it to me. Now I had the report and the order number. I learned from the report that they didn't enter my order until 8-25, 5 days after taking the deposit. I also learned they hadn't used an allocation yet to advance the order with GM. I asked what was going on and started asking if they had allocation and how many Camaro orders had been in front of me when I placed the order and when they were planning to use an allocation to place the order. Here's the response "For some reason GM has not picked up the order yet but our Chevrolet rep is coming today and our new car manager is going to find out why. I'll keep you posted"
· 9-16 I requested BeckyD check my order status on this forum and she identified there was no movement. I hadn't heard back yet from the dealer, so I figured it was time to check in again. Their response "Our rep didn't come until yesterday. What we were told is that Camaros have suddenly gotten tight again. However she did assure us yours would be taken care of today. They tried to make a call yesterday but her contact had left the office for the day. I'm hoping to have more info for you tomorrow (our system updates overnight)." Since the Email response avoided the real questions, I decided to call so they couldn't avoid the questions as they had in Email. On the phone they said I was the only Camaro order when I placed the order and was still the only one in line. They also explained to me on the phone they didn't get an allocation the previous month. They said they would look into getting the order picked up again with GM.
· 9-20 After waiting a few days, I again asked BeckyD to check status and there was no movement, so I called the dealer again. The dealer now was telling me they talked to GM sales rep late the previous week and they were surprised to then find out that Camaros "were not under sold unit pickup". They suggested that the GM rep may be able to get my order picked up even though the dealer didn't have allocation at that time, but they hadn't heard back from the GM rep and they were leaving voicemails. They said allocations were coming out on Tuesday the 21st and they would at least place my order on the 21st. I posted on this forum asking for advice. Thanks to Beckys information about allocations for all dealers coming out the 22nd, I didn't get my hopes up and waited until Thursday the 23rd to attempt to call the dealer for the next status report from them. BeckyD said the 23rd was the first chance the dealer could place an order against their new allocation.
· 9-23 Early in the morning around 6AM, I emailed the dealer saying that I know that allocations had come out on Wednesday the 22nd for all dealers and that they could use an allocation to advance my order today the 23rd. Would they please let me know something. Later in the morning on the 23rd, I had a conversation with my wife and she and I had decided that since the order had not yet been placed we would change it from the 2LT to the 2SS. We came to realize that the 2SS was a better choice for us. As the day went on I didn’t get any emails back. So I left a voicemail with my work number. When I got home late in the evening I discovered the dealer had left a voice mail at my home phone. The voice mail said they didn’t get any allocations for the month and this came as a surprise to them because they had received allocation every month until then. (Note: this was a contradiction to what I was told earlier, that they didn’t get allocation the previous month) They also said they had contacted GM rep and GM rep was suggesting that they would start processing “sold units” without the need for allocation soon. Would I please call them. I called them, they explained their situation to me again. I just listened and when they finished I asked simply if they knew when they would be able to place my order with GM. They said they didn’t know but they had a “plan B”. They began to offer me a similar car to the one I was ordering, it just had a cargo mat which wasn’t on my order. They had found it at a dealer and arranged a swap with the dealer, if I was willing to accept the differences. It was now that I explained that we had changed our minds about the car. We no longer wanted it. After a very long silence, I then said we wanted a 2SS with the same features instead. There was more silence, except for the faint sound of key clicks in the background. I then said, if you are half the salesman I think you are you are surely looking for an exact match 2SS at local dealers because you still have no idea when you can order me one. He said that’s what I’m doing now. He was able to locate one at a neighboring dealer. It was an exact match except for a front license bracket. I stopped him and reminded him of an earlier conversation where I had explained I wanted no dealer stickers, emblems or markings and no front license plate holder which would leave holes when removed. The only thing I would allow was a license frame advertising the dealer on the rear plate. He explained that the front frame had never been mounted and was in the trunk. I said I would come inspect the car and he and I arranged for a time which as it worked out was a time the salesman could not be there and he would have someone else help me with the inspection.
· 9-25 Early today I test drove and inspected the car. The salesman was not there. A was able to test drive and then had a good 2 hours to go over the car with the help of my wife and son and without interruption from anyone. This allowed us to comfortably look at everything on my inspection list. When we finished I asked for them to have the salesman call me. I am expecting that call Monday morning. Things are looking much better today than they did just 2 days ago.

BeckyD, Thank you so much for your help and insight!! I believe this forum provided me with information that helped me speak to the dealer with confidence because I knew what they should be doing and when they should do it with my order.

For just a bit it bothered me because it wasn’t something I had ordered and had built specifically for me, but the car only has the miles from one dealer to the other on the odometer and it was an exact match except for the front license frame, which was in the trunk. I’m hoping Monday to take delivery if all works out. I’m really excited, the car is great.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #25485
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

I'm glad to see the information helped. It's great to have a place like this to go and talk to someone who can help you understand the situation. You'll be enjoying that beautiful new car real soon. Congrats and post pics when you get it.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:33 AM   #25486
WTFCamaro1979

Drives: CG M6 RS
New and OHHHHH SO GLAD TO BE HERE!!!!!!! Can you look up PFPK5T. ? Thank you soo much. Oh and I live in WA state Thanks!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #25487
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFCamaro1979 View Post
New and OHHHHH SO GLAD TO BE HERE!!!!!!! Can you look up PFPK5T. ? Thank you soo much. Oh and I live in WA state Thanks!!!
Thanks for making your first post!!!
Glad you are here too, Welcome!!

System is down on Sunday,
but I will check on Monday for you.

Becky
Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #25488
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFCamaro1979 View Post

There might be a little confusion. The order number you gave me is a 0000 status which indicates it's been cancelled. Let me know if you have a new #.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #25489
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Good mornin' Becky! I hope your weekend was a good one. My Camaro is supposed to get built this week, so when would be the best time of the day to request an order status update? Thank you!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #25490
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazysoccer11 View Post
Good mornin' Becky! I hope your weekend was a good one. My Camaro is supposed to get built this week, so when would be the best time of the day to request an order status update? Thank you!
My weekend was great, hope yours was too!!
Definately your week, VIN's will start showing up tomorrow.
Check again tomorrow....and everyday until it shows!

Last edited by JoeP@TeamBeckyD; 09-27-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #25491
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Ok, cool and thank you!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #25492
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Hi Becky,

Can you please check # PFBRKK
Old 09-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #25493
JoeP@TeamBeckyD