Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Laser Diffuser?

Not interested to an extreme point but it has crossed my mind. So I want to know from you beautiful people on Camaro5, who has had experience with these type of products. I really do not like radars because they bug me a lot from the beeping and lighting. haha. So back to the diffusers. I want to see who suggests what products are the best in the market ,,what prices , and what to expect. If anyone in law inforcement wants to give their input that would be great too. *couugh* TAG!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
jnewberr2ssrs

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
A ex-co-worker had laser jammers with an on/off switch. They are illegal, so I never wanted to take a chance. He has a laser detector also. If he is driving a bit over the speed limit, the detector goes off, he checks and slows if necessary, and then turns OFF the jammers once at the proper speed. It is pretty wild, but if you get nailed from the side you are cooked! His jammers only work front and rear. It returns double dashes on the laser gun. --
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Actually laser jammers arent the ones that are illegal. Its the radar jammers that are. Only in Virgina and D.C are radar detectors illegal. The one that I have seen getting the top ratings are the Blinder products. Not cheap but work great. Here is a web site http://www.radarbusters.com/ that gives you reviews from a retired cop that did radar for alot of years. Will tell you what he thinks is the top performers.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

good info guys...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Fast Eddie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Actually laser jammers arent the ones that are illegal. Its the radar jammers that are. Only in Virgina and D.C are radar detectors illegal. The one that I have seen getting the top ratings are the Blinder products. Not cheap but work great. Here is a web site http://www.radarbusters.com/ that gives you reviews from a retired cop that did radar for alot of years. Will tell you what he thinks is the top performers.
Of course laser jammers are illegal in Nebraska , as well as Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
ac223mal

Drives: car
Wouldn't help you against good old radar though. Still a lot of those out there.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
a good tip, dont know if its true or not, is if you get busted by radar and get ticketed you can ask the judge to look at the last date that the radar was tuned..if it hadnt been tuned in a month or a long time then youre good to go..dont know how true that is though..so dont get all pissy at me cause im saying it may just be a rumor..also ive heard that if a city doesnt have a big enough population that they arent allowed to use radar guns either..some funny urban legends..but would be even funnier if true..but anyway i have a cobra radar detector that does 360 degrees and you can turn off the beeping and everything..the only time mine beeps is if a cop is radaring me directly then it flashes and everything..but you can turn the beeping off completely...those little MPH indicators that clock your speed in contruction sites now drives my radar detector crazy..but other than those two things it just shows what direction im traveling in.. might be good for you since you can go into the programming and customize it how you would like it.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
K40

K40 makes a difusser not a jammer. The difference is the difusser emits infrared light in front of the vehicle witch gives a laser unit an error message the first time they hit you(depending on the distance from you.) Giving you a couple of extra seconds to slow down to a reasonable speed. They get error messages all the time could mean they missed the vehicle, didn't get a good reflective surface, and so on. By the time they hit you the second time youv'e slowed down. Most of the time unless you are obviously speeding they move on to another vehicle. Also K40 will pay for your ticket if you get on with their products installed.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Hesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Of course laser jammers are illegal in Nebraska , as well as Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.
Yep you are correct. Seems they are cracking down on the laser jammers now. Been awhile since I had actually checked to see if they were being targeted. Still not in TX tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWOLFF View Post
K40 makes a difusser not a jammer. The difference is the difusser emits infrared light in front of the vehicle witch gives a laser unit an error message the first time they hit you(depending on the distance from you.) Giving you a couple of extra seconds to slow down to a reasonable speed. They get error messages all the time could mean they missed the vehicle, didn't get a good reflective surface, and so on. By the time they hit you the second time youv'e slowed down. Most of the time unless you are obviously speeding they move on to another vehicle. Also K40 will pay for your ticket if you get on with their products installed.
Most of the ones deamed jammers are actually diffussers. They cause the gun to get an error message. This is what you dont want. There are a few that are less likely to give the error message. They just seem like the gun is working properly just not getting a clear reading. No error codes. Error codes can give them a reason to pull you over to see if you are actually using a jammer.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
I had the Blinder X Treme system installed on my 2002 envoy and it saved me a few times. I just ordered the same kit for my camaro last night. Blinder actually has a ticket payment program as their garuntee. If you get a ticket with the Blinder installed they will pay your ticket for you. I never got one with it installed so i dont have first hand knowledge of how it works but it is included with the package. I am not familiar with other jammers/diffusers but with the kit that i bought i would say make sure you get something that cover both the front and back of the vehicle, it seems cops are sitting at the top of on ramps more and more these days lasering us from behind. I got the M-45 kit and it comes with 4 emitters that confuse the laser gun, 2 for the front and 2 for the back.
klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #12
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klove View Post
I had the Blinder X Treme system installed on my 2002 envoy and it saved me a few times. I just ordered the same kit for my camaro last night. Blinder actually has a ticket payment program as their garuntee. If you get a ticket with the Blinder installed they will pay your ticket for you. I never got one with it installed so i dont have first hand knowledge of how it works but it is included with the package. I am not familiar with other jammers/diffusers but with the kit that i bought i would say make sure you get something that cover both the front and back of the vehicle, it seems cops are sitting at the top of on ramps more and more these days lasering us from behind. I got the M-45 kit and it comes with 4 emitters that confuse the laser gun, 2 for the front and 2 for the back.

Klove, please post pictures or even a DIY install thread for your BLINDER kit.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #13
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Anyone have experience with "Veil," the coating you apply over your reflective target areas (license plate, headlights)? Suppose to reduce reflectivity by 50% or so.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Hesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
Anyone have experience with "Veil," the coating you apply over your reflective target areas (license plate, headlights)? Suppose to reduce reflectivity by 50% or so.
Havent actually tried the stuff but was thinking of giving it a go. Not to cheap, but suppost to last quite a while. The link I listed above shows testing of it and seems to be pretty damn effective. Guess Ill have to see.