Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-31-2018, 09:10 PM   #43
nickmossburg

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro
Other than bitcoin what other cryptocurrencies are you watching right now? It seems new ones are popping up every month and hard to know which ones to take seriously.
nickmossburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #44
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Yet another reason to not have anything to do with cryptocurrencies:

This crypto exchange can't repay $190 million to customers because the CEO died with the only password

My main reason for staying away is the volatility. If there was a stock that was such a roller coaster ride as crypto currency most of you would have bailed much sooner if you ever got on board at all. This stuff goes from $8,000 one day to $18,000 the next month and back to $4,000 two weeks later. Some get lucky, many lose their shirts. Good for you if you're one of the lucky ones.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #45
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmossburg View Post
Other than bitcoin what other cryptocurrencies are you watching right now? It seems new ones are popping up every month and hard to know which ones to take seriously.
I am invested in ICON (ICX) for the long term.

I am not really a trader, so I am just using it as a long term deal. It is one of the real legit projects out there with real solid backing.

When the market matures and eventually grows, ICON will be one of the major players, IMO.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #46
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjosh View Post
Crypto is the future of money and it is more flexible and secure and will evolve in the future. Paper money In developed countries, only 10% of people use it, it has more expenditure printing, storage, delivery, banking services, etc.

While Cryptocurrency price tracker does need it, today this is just an idea and a programming matrix, But its value is more than one dollar and if it is supported by corporate resources and the situation will change significantly to better or worse.

The main thing is who will be the first corporation to dare to do this and who will be the first to receive benefits the most.
The problem with cryptocurrency is that there is nothing to back it. Zero assets whatsoever. Paper money is backed either by gold, infrastructure, or some form of government plan that has tangible value (likely land snatching, property seizing, etc).

The reason why cryptocurrency is so volatile is because it is only what a person feels it's worth that day. It's all emotional. The reason why single stocks are so volatile is because it depends on how that company reported doing business that day. If it cost "X" dollars to do business and that was more than the anticipated "Y" cost then their stock goes down. If they made a big sale that day their value goes up. Still tangible money changing hands for good/services.

At the end of the day, if you can make money in cryptocurrencies then good for you. However, IMO you might as well be spinning the roulette wheel in Vegas because the gamble is about the same.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #47
Elmi7

Drives: BMX X5
If you want to stay informed and know all the details about the crypto space, I suggest joining the best crypto signals. It'll be useful both for newbies and for experts. Based on my personal experience, I know it works perfectly, it helped me to make a lot of money.

Last edited by Elmi7; 04-08-2019 at 05:22 AM.
Elmi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:37 PM   #48
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjosh View Post
I did use once and invest money in 4 years ago and that time was great but haven't had any idea that one bitcoin going to be this expensive. I have made a decision to buy some cryptocurrency, just not sure it will be Bitcoin. There are a couple of others just starting that might be a little easier on the wallet to get into.
You do realize that you can buy a faction of a bitcoin or any other crypto currency right?

Previous:
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
03' C5 Z06
Old 07-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #49
Stringpit

Drives: SS Coup & Silverado
I'm interested in getting into it, more just to get my feet wet more than anything and see what it's all about. I need to learn some more about it before I throw any money at it though. I guess maybe bitcoin is still the place to start as someone new to it?
Stringpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:47 PM   #50
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringpit View Post
I'm interested in getting into it, more just to get my feet wet more than anything and see what it's all about. I need to learn some more about it before I throw any money at it though. I guess maybe bitcoin is still the place to start as someone new to it?

My advice, do not mine it. You'll never get a return on what you invest. What you can, and should do, is buy when it gets low. And sell when it gets high, or hold it.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #51
DianaR

Drives: BMW X3
I'm interested in it too. Indeed, cryptocurrencies are extremely popular nowadays! I also suggest that you pay attention to software development, as it is also up and growing. You just need to find a reliable software outsourcing company that would implement your app idea properly.
DianaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:07 AM   #52
Feravote

Drives: Tahoe
Well I guess Cryptocurrencies are our future. I know some places in UAE are actively using this type of currency for different purposes. About a month ago I heard that there is a company through whom soon you will be able to buy real estate in Athens and pay with Bitcoin or similar. Did anyone heard about that?
Feravote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #53
LillyPinon

Drives: camaro v8
It is a good investment but I am not doing it because of many hacking issues. By the way, which wallet is the safest one?
LillyPinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:20 PM   #54
TRZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyPinon View Post
It is a good investment but I am not doing it because of many hacking issues. By the way, which wallet is the safest one?
It's not as risky as it used to be. The major Exchanges will set things right if there is ever a hack. BinanceUS, Binance, & Coinbase I would and do trust.

I haven't used a wallet, because I actively trade the macro swings and want the money ready to move.

Where people run into issues are on the lesser known exchanges or allowing a BOT your private keys to do BOT trading.

Previous:
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
03' C5 Z06
Old 05-18-2020, 04:15 AM   #55
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyPinon View Post
It is not only about hacking but also about the volatility of cryptocurrency. In my opinion in terms of investment real estate is better as the prices there don't change that quickly. I have been following the prices in this particular area https://virtoproperty.com/property-f...ante/elche-elx and can say that BTC has changed hundreds % compared to these particular estates.

Last edited by Lockimin; 06-08-2020 at 07:15 PM. Reason: additional info
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #56
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockimin View Post
It is not only about hacking but also about the volatility of cryptocurrency. In my opinion in terms of investment real estate is better as the prices there don't change that quickly.
I thought I was the only one on this thread not overwhelmingly in favor of cryptocurrency. Real estate is overall a great investment and my personal strategy is mutual funds. Real estate can grow larger quicker than mutual funds, but it also has low liquidity which is why I like mutual funds. When I get to a point where I can afford real estate in addition to my mutual funds I think I'll start acquiring both, but until that time I'll have to stay out. At least it doesn't have the regular daily roller coaster effect of cryptocurrencies.