Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-17-2021, 05:31 AM   #71
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
I now have some brackets if anyone wants one.
The same bracket can be used for the gto reservoir used with the factory length fluid line.
The wilwood reservoir can be used with the factory length fluid line with a few adapters. Or, a different reservoir connector can be used with braided line.
So there’s a few options. I do have 2 wilwood 4oz. Aluminum reservoirs and fittings if anyone might be interested.
The pictures are of the gto reservoir setup. You can view previous posts for the different wilwood setups.
The same bracket is used for both by using different mount holes and different bracket bends for each. If you get a gto bracket and later want a wilwood reservoir. The bracket can be carefully reshaped and the mount hole drilled out as both mount holes have a pilot drill hole(as seen in the picture).
The brackets will be $25 shipped to lower 48(PayPal)

Easier to just include shipping USPS flat rate in box.

Price update: $25 shipped
Attached Images

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 09-29-2021 at 06:45 AM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #72
SIM GhostrdrZ

Wilwood reservoir with stainless braided line
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #73
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Wilwood reservoir with stainless braided line
Looks great!
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #74
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Looks great!
Thank you
Old 02-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #75
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How much for a complete kit with Wilwood reservoir?? Does it come with the line as well? How hard would it be to put on the other side of the bracket so I can use my RotoFab WW reservoir relocated tank??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #76
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
How much for a complete kit with Wilwood reservoir?? Does it come with the line as well? How hard would it be to put on the other side of the bracket so I can use my RotoFab WW reservoir relocated tank??
Your last question is just a guess on my part. I could send you a straight bracket and just mount it “normal” and run the braided line between the brake reservoir and the rotofab tank. I’ll look at rotofabs picture and mount a straight setup. Then post pics for you to look at. Give me a few hours to get it all together. You’d need longer braided line than I cut but if you want a kit I’ll get one together with either cut line with the straight bracket(if it looks like it’ll fit) or I’ll just leave the line uncut for you to cut it.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:15 PM   #77
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
This is the rotofab pic I found if it’s what you have I think it’ll fit, even if I need to bend the clutch res bracket towards the engine just a bit. You’ll need to mount it low enough to get the res cap off as it’s tight fit under the GM strut brace(if you have one). I just don’t want to get it too far over towards the engine.
Just let me know what you think.
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2021, 12:27 PM   #78
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
The braided line is not connected in the pics because it’s barely too short. I do have another one just an inch longer that I think would fit the length. I actually like the reverse bent bracket and where it puts the reservoir if someone was going to use braided hose instead of factory hose. It’s still a tight fit under the strut brace but it’s doable with just adjusting the reservoir height in its clamping bracket
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2021, 09:30 AM   #79
SIM GhostrdrZ

For anyone installing my “2 bolt” bracket. I’ll give you the way I do it and I’ve put this on and off countless times as I’ve tested different designs.
First the rear brake master cylinder bolt is the tough one so I use an extension as well as a flexible extension connected to a cross tip bit(Phillips) as shown in two of the pictures.
-Remove bolt bolts and DO NOT remove brake reservoir as this will cause a brake fluid mess.
-I install the bracket with front bolt, just catching a few threads
-Then I install the rear bolt.
-Tightening the rear bolt and then tighten the front bolt. The bracket may need to be wiggled a bit just to get both bolts lined up. Tighten firm but do not over tighten bolts. Check bolts after driving awhile just to make sure they are remaining tight. If they are still tight after checking, your good to go.

The bracket can be slightly adjusted just to get the reservoir aligned in your perfect liking.
The gto reservoir and wilwood reservoir mount can be installed before or bracket is installed. But it’s easier to install the wilwood reservoir after the bracket is installed.
I’ve done both setup installs in every order and it’s just a matter of your preference and patience level.
Post or PM of issues, questions or suggestions for all of us

Thank you
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #80
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
For anyone installing my “2 bolt” bracket. I’ll give you the way I do it and I’ve put this on and off countless times as I’ve tested different designs.
First the rear brake master cylinder bolt is the tough one so I use an extension as well as a flexible extension connected to a cross tip bit(Phillips) as shown in two of the pictures.
-Remove bolt bolts and DO NOT remove brake reservoir as this will cause a brake fluid mess.
-I install the bracket with front bolt, just catching a few threads
-Then I install the rear bolt.
-Tightening the rear bolt and then tighten the front bolt. The bracket may need to be wiggled a bit just to get both bolts lined up. Tighten firm but do not over tighten bolts. Check bolts after driving awhile just to make sure they are remaining tight. If they are still tight after checking, your good to go.

The bracket can be slightly adjusted just to get the reservoir aligned in your perfect liking.
The gto reservoir and wilwood reservoir mount can be installed before or bracket is installed. But it’s easier to install the wilwood reservoir after the bracket is installed.
I’ve done both setup installs in every order and it’s just a matter of your preference and patience level.
Post or PM of issues, questions or suggestions for all of us

Thank you
This is invaluable advise and pics
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #81
Mainframe-man

Drives: 2002 SS
GhostrdrZ, thank you so much for all of the assistance. The detailed information you have provided me has been invaluable. I ordered and received both brackets. Thanks for the prompt shipping. The brackets look great.

I will install them when i have the time to install my entire CCB system on the car.
Mainframe-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #82
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe-man View Post
GhostrdrZ, thank you so much for all of the assistance. The detailed information you have provided me has been invaluable. I ordered and received both brackets. Thanks for the prompt shipping. The brackets look great.

I will install them when i have the time to install my entire CCB system on the car.
Your very welcome
Old 03-11-2021, 08:14 PM   #83
SIM GhostrdrZ

Bump for anyone doing this work
Old 07-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #84
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Bump for anyone doing this work
Hello,

I'm interested in replacing my current GTO res kit that I got from Gen5DIY with a setup like what you got. With that being said, I would be interested in a bracket for the Wilwood Res. I also seen you posted some pictures using a 90 fitting instead of the banjo, do you have the PN for the 90 fitting and anything else needed to use the 90?

Thanks!
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote