Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGA2D View Post
waaay overpriced, totally unnecessary.
this. and if you say monster cable in a positive light, I question whether or not you work for best buy.. or if you like throwing money away if you don't.

if you say it in a negative light..

I agree with you.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Ridiculously overpriced ripoff. Marketing hype.

Quality wise its great, but it better be when you pay a 3000% markup.
1995 Volkswagen Golf Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #31
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
overpriced...buy all my home audio cables at monoprice.com....no advertising great quality...Save the money to put into my camaro
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
I think of guitar cables for your amplifier
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge about wires. Monster cables do have a fair retail markup, but they also DO make a difference in sound quality and SPL. They're not Close to being the most expensive out there. As an example, I've seen $5000. Per FOOT solid silver, liquid encased cables for a home system.

Some features like gold plating serve a specific purpose, Corrosion resistance. Gold is a good conductor that won't corrode, corrosion at the terminals is a common cause of the power/signal flow degradation ... That's it.

In reality, a lot of people won't hear the difference, but on Better systems (and I've built many, and some car systems well over $100K) or for instance cars with high amounts of EMI, they Definitely are worth the cost.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I have 500 or so 12' audio Python (monster spec by steren) if anyone wants any.....left over from my old cable TV supply company.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decibel JJ View Post
I'm amazed at the lack of knowledge about wires. Monster cables do have a fair retail markup, but they also DO make a difference in sound quality and SPL. They're not Close to being the most expensive out there. As an example, I've seen $5000. Per FOOT solid silver, liquid encased cables for a home system.

Some features like gold plating serve a specific purpose, Corrosion resistance. Gold is a good conductor that won't corrode, corrosion at the terminals is a common cause of the power/signal flow degradation ... That's it.

In reality, a lot of people won't hear the difference, but on Better systems (and I've built many, and some car systems well over $100K) or for instance cars with high amounts of EMI, they Definitely are worth the cost.
+1

Seriously, I can't believe the number of people that have said it makes NO difference. Most people can't hear the difference, and that is really why most systems don't need monster cable. As you said...things like the gold plated contacts do make a difference.

I still have most of my Pioneeer Elite system. I would have loved to have gone with Carver, but never pulled the trigger before he stopped making his systems.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 04-19-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #36
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
+1

Seriously, I can't believe the number of people that have said it makes NO difference. Most people can't hear the difference, and that is really why most systems don't need monster cable. As you said...things like the gold plated contacts do make a difference.

I still have most of my Pioneeer Elite system. I would have loved to have gone with Carver, but never pulled the trigger before he stopped making his systems.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Ripoff, especially when not dealing with analog but digital signals. There is no better 1s and 0s, either they get to the next component or they don't. At least there was a chance with lik RCA cables.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
Ripoff, especially when not dealing with analog but digital signals. There is no better 1s and 0s, either they get to the next component or they don't. At least there was a chance with lik RCA cables.
Some of us still have very good analog equipment.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #39
v8

Drives: GT500 and 14 ZL1
If I say Monster Cable you....Think crap my car is going to get heavier!!!!!!!!
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I think overpriced name brand.

Why pay their prices when you can buy cables online made the exact same way with the exact same specs and exact same materials but for 1/4 of the price?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #41
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
+1

There are certain cables that it would make a difference. That said other manufacturers make identical product for cheaper. I do agree a good cable can make a world of difference in sound, if you're using analog equipment, or we are taking speaker cable.

Then you have their optical digital, coaxial digital, and HDMI cables. Cables that carry a pure digital signal. Cables that they sell for over a 1000% markup over something that will work identically, and that they translate their analog specs into digital gimmicks.

Theres no other way to describe it than a scam.
1995 Volkswagen Golf Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #42
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Digital... Smigital...

Last time I checked, my ears are analog
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote