Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
CamaroMikeR

Drives: Black Camaro V6
2014-15 RS headlight issue?

So I have a pair of 201/15 RS headlights that I have been waiting to throw on the car until after the holidays. I gave them a look the other day and found that the passenger sides projector lens seems to have dipped down out of its neutral spot as if it wasn't seated correctly. Is there anyone who knows a good deal about these headlights? will I have to crack them open in order to fix them? or will it not be too big of an issue overall? Thanks for all the help in advance
CamaroMikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
They have flappers inside that flip up for high beams. They basically are on high the whole time and have a blocker that keeps the beam low. Maybe when you power it up it will go were its supposed to be.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
CamaroMikeR

Ok so I posted some pictures incase anyone needed a visual.

1) opened up the dust cap off the housing

2) Realized that there was a piece broken off one of the top support structures of the bracket inside. The bracket inside doesn't look like its 100% part of the headlight housing, rather it is used as a connection between the overall housing and the HID housing. Can anyone verify?

3) Called a couple of dealerships but was told they don't sell the part. Does anyone have any insight on where I can find on, or how I may be able to fix the issue on my own?
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 1LE
Rock Auto has the TYC brand that I have read are pretty decent to OEM. Or Ebay most likely
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
CamaroMikeR

I would rather not buy a brand new housing. That would set me back another $600 .

Heres to hoping a professional DIY genie comes and views this thread!!!
Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Where did you get these from and why aren't you going after them for selling you a broken headlight? Attempting to get a refund would be my first course of action.