Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #99
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Yeah. The Pacific NW Camaro Club did a cruise to Crystal Mountain. Rode the gondolas to the summit. And had a BBQ at a members cabin nearby.
You don't need to be a member to tag along on something like this. IrocZlover (Tammy) usually posts on C5 about upcoming events that the club sponsors.
If you're interested, the next club meeting is the 29th at the Burien Roundtable Pizza. Not sure about the time, but I think it's at 5:00. Drop by.

I snagged this picture from a friends facebook page.

Attachment 419431

I still can't believe we met the wife on the beach a couple weekends ago!
Kayaking? C'mon, you could have brought your kayak to the beach- there's water there!
Attachment 419433

to bad the meetings are so far away...it would take me that long to get there from here!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #100
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Adding my K&N next week should be wicked sounding now! not to mention the added horses and abit better on gas too!

Been going to the clearview show and shines on saturdays and now will also do the friday nite cruise and shine in lynnwood if anyone else goes to that give me a holler, ive been the only gen5 car at clearview...met a gen 4 guy yesterday and chatted abit about the gen5 and then had to "put up and see what she can do" and with a quick look around ...lit um up and left um in the dust! now THAT was fun for a much better ride home from work then the standard sit and drive.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #101
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
That sucks bud, no reason to wash mine, i am installing Exhaust Cut outs Wednesday and starting to tear the front end down to install Halos to headlamps and fog lights, but i also have to paint them while i am in there!

Tim i think i should have retired from the navy...you are going like hog wild with all the mods on your car...that retirement must be AWESOME!

Like my buddy says...aint nuthun but money!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #102
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotchevy View Post
Tim i think i should have retired from the navy...you are going like hog wild with all the mods on your car...that retirement must be AWESOME!

Like my buddy says...aint nuthun but money!
A good portfolio and savings don't hurt either, lol!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #103
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotchevy View Post
to bad the meetings are so far away...it would take me that long to get there from here!
We have some that come from Marysville and Yelm. We travel from Buckley
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #104
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Nice, that is quite a drive from here, since i work most weekends...we work from 4am to 12:30pm and by the time i get home i pretty tired. im glad when i do get a weekend off and as u can imagine thats when the home projects gotta get done!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #105
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
We have some that come from Marysville and Yelm. We travel from Buckley
& oakville

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #106
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Delete AFM or have some turn downs fabricated into your exhaust typically at the bend if its a catback? or after the resonators if it's axle back and granted you still have your cats and resonators on it?
Don't want to void warranty so the AFM delete not an option. I don't really know what Turn Down means? It is a catback - no resonators, just pipes from the cats to the mufflers. I talked to a couple of muffler shops about "J" pipes as I read on the forum that this can help but no one knows what the heck I am talking about.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #107
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYBMBLEBEE View Post
Don't want to void warranty so the AFM delete not an option. I don't really know what Turn Down means? It is a catback - no resonators, just pipes from the cats to the mufflers. I talked to a couple of muffler shops about "J" pipes as I read on the forum that this can help but no one knows what the heck I am talking about.
Show them a pic of solo exhaust with j pipes. Let me know if anyone does it as I would be i interested having it done on mine to.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #108
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
Thanks for the tip. I do think I will skip trying to paint it myself though. I'm just bad at it. Okay for small stuff, but not on visible bodywork. I don't have the technique or patience. I think the wrap is a good option. The carbon fiber might look cool. I like subtle mods and don't want it to stick out too much. I'm going to look at that or maybe just gloss black. We'll see.
I'm having my splitter vinyl wrapped with carbon fiber pattern at Guardline in Puyallup. $100. Pick it up and installing it tomorrow. They are also applying the carbon fiber to the bow ties.

Pictures in a couple days.

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #109
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Notice on this Magnaflow set-up that the j-pipes are attached to the exhaust pipe at a 90 degree angle to the flow path, which does not affect the flow at all. The ends of these tubes are capped, which prevents no exhaust gas to pass through them. This becomes a closed-chamber environment where the offending frequency or drone, as determined by calculation, is eliminated by feeding it back into the flow path out of phase. Simply put, it works.
Name:  DSC01818.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  104.2 KB
Old 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #110
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
I'm having my splitter vinyl wrapped with carbon fiber pattern at Guardline in Puyallup. $100. Pick it up and installing it tomorrow. They are also applying the carbon fiber to the bow ties.

Pictures in a couple days.
Sweet Ken, post pics as soon as you get it on to the ride!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #111
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I am about ready to rip Bee's right out. The drone at 1500 - 1800 rpm range is driving me insane!
I need to ride in it to experience this AFM drone people complain about.

when I had my flowmasters installed, and even with my muffler delete, I "HEAR" the AFM kick in and such.

but it doesn't bug me.

However, you have the cat back, so you got rid of your stock center resonator, didn't you?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #112
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
The other option is to take a ride in my 'bee (it still has the center resonator), and see if the AFM drone bugs you..

If it doesn't bug you, maybe we could trade your X-pipe for my center resonator, or work out a deal around that premise. (I'm deleting my AFM soon).

I don't consider my "drone" bad at all, even with no mufflers due to the fact I still have the center resonator.. But I hear those that get rid of the center resonator have AFM drone issues.