Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Someone scan the article and post it up. This rag is pretty hard to find.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #16
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
How much money was made? I'm talkin profits...this can be used to make it bigger and better next year.
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
We were really hoping for a more central location next year that's for sure. Us Canadians would like to attend. I am directly almost directly north of Texas and it's still a 3400 km (2100 miles) each way can't imagine for the people wanting to come from Ontario or further east. Lots of really nice 5th gens up here that I know would make the trip in a heartbeat if it was within a reasonable distance.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Someone scan the article and post it up. This rag is pretty hard to find.
LOL... exactly. I gave up on that rag a long time ago. We follow more of the relevant current stuff here anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I kinda agree with what CamatoNow says about the races though. I would love to see an elimination challenge in drag racing and something to get folks in the stands for a competition like that. I was assuming that since the COPOs had come out that a few of them would've turned out for that and it would have been such a treat to see 'em compete, even if it was only 4 that showed up.
Eliminations on a pro ladder is exactly what we had the last two years, with some bracket racing thrown in to ensure everyone can compete.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitterMike View Post
We were really hoping for a more central location next year that's for sure. Us Canadians would like to attend. I am directly almost directly north of Texas and it's still a 3400 km (2100 miles) each way can't imagine for the people wanting to come from Ontario or further east. Lots of really nice 5th gens up here that I know would make the trip in a heartbeat if it was within a reasonable distance.
We already have 14 from Ontario & Quebec ready to go !!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I don't care what an article says. I still had a great time and I have respect for all the mods that helped out because organizing something so large is not easy. Some people might have different expectations while there is room for improvement as long as you go with an attitude of having a great time and meeting great people you will have a great time.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
I still wanna go regardless of the article. But they gotta do it closer to MD for me to check it out. Maryland International Raceway sounds good.
It won't be anywhere near there for a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
I think having it in Florida would be nice. I'd travel south for that, Texas is just too far for me.
I think it'll eventually come to Florida or back to Georgia. Probably not for a couple years though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitterMike View Post
Canadians have attended the fests in Georgia, Arizona and Indy. Trust me. Texas shouldn't be a problem for the Canadians. I think they like to travel.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Unless it's held in Nevada or Cali, I doubt if anyone from the wet coast will go.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #23
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Unless it's held in Nevada or Cali, I doubt if anyone from the wet coast will go.
A ton of west coasters are coming to Houston.. Just saying.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'm sure that quite a but from the SoCal & Nevada areas will show up. There was just shy of 900 Camaros that attended the one in Phoenix back in '11 unless I am mistaken.

This is a question to the mods if they are reading this, but is it difficult to get owners of the COPOs to come out to next years event? It would be amazing if there was a 5th Gen COPO gathering to see how many of the 69 2013 COPOs could attend. Maybe even see if GM could bring one of the convertible COPO to the event...if they haven't auctioned it off already.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
No worries. We are back on rotation
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #26
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
I was at fest 3 and this years.. I had fun at both granted there were more people at the 3rd one, but it was still tons of fun

Super excited for Houston!!
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
We already have 14 from Ontario & Quebec ready to go !!
If there is a crew from the west going and I can convince my wife I will be there.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I think there is a little confusion when it comes to the Fest's real purpose...

What everyone needs to remember is that camaro5 is not worried about how big we can push the numbers, that goes for both people attending and profits made. As mentioned many times prior to this thread, when all is said and done we barely break even and we're good with that. Everyone that works on the fest is a volunteer.

The Fest is about providing our members and nonmembers with a weekend of Camaro fun! A weekend filled with Parking Lot Meet and Greets, Vendors, a Car Show, Drag Racing, CamaroCross and the opportunity to meet the Chevrolet Camaro Team face to face.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote