Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Thumbs up This Week's Detailing Itinerary (Adams)...

This Weekend's Itinerary:
(Or as I like to Call It, 20 Steps to Success)

1. Wash Camaro (at touchless car wash)
2. Strip Wash Camaro (not what you think)
3. Clay Bar Camaro
4. Polish Camaro
5. Quick Seal Camaro
6. Glaze Camaro
7. Wax Camaro
8. Clean Windows of Camaro
9. Clay Bar Windows of Camaro
10. Glass Seal Windows of Camaro
11. Sweep Interior and Trunk of Camaro
12. Detail Interior of Camaro
13. Condition Vinyl/Plastic/Leather in Interior of Camaro
14. Wash Engine Bay of Camaro
15. Detail Engine Bay of Camaro
16. Wash Wheel Wells of Camaro
17. Quick Seal Wheel Wells of Camaro
18. Clean Exhaust of Camaro
19. Quick Seal Wheels of Camaro
20. Shine Tires of Camaro

Hopefully, when I'm finished, I'll still be able to lift my arms enough to take some pictures!

Adams Polishes FTW.
Attached Images

Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items

Last edited by snymat68; 11-19-2013 at 10:19 AM.
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Good luck, definitely want to see some pictures.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
snymat68

Thanks. I'll have to get some before pictures with all the salt residue and dirt on the car. Poor daily driver. Hopefully this mirage of products will protect my baby from the winter elements a little better in the coming months.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
Old 11-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #4
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Curious to see before and after.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS

Just me, but I always like to clean and detail the engine bay before I do anything on the car. Then again mine is a DD where I drive on the highway 400-500 miles a week to work, so there is a lot of dust.

Can't wait to see pics
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Might want to think about 2 weekends for all that! :0)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
You might want to look into something more durable for your sealant. If you're an Adams guy, maybe the MSS 2x

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Looks like a solid weekend you've got planned!

If I can make a suggestion, I would take steps 14-20 and lump them in with step 2. Do all of your steps that involve water at the same time, i.e. washing the engine bay/exhaust/wheels/paint.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
snymat68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Looks like a solid weekend you've got planned!

If I can make a suggestion, I would take steps 14-20 and lump them in with step 2. Do all of your steps that involve water at the same time, i.e. washing the engine bay/exhaust/wheels/paint.
Yeah. That's my intention. My list wasn't really in order of operation. It started off that way, but then I kept thinking of things and tacking them on to the end of the list and was too lazy to rearrange.
Aesthetic Mods
Old 11-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Yeah. That's my intention. My list wasn't really in order of operation. It started off that way, but then I kept thinking of things and tacking them on to the end of the list and was too lazy to rearrange.
Other than those things, you've got your down exactly right!

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
snymat68

Making the list was the easy part. It's the impending inevitability of going over every square in of the car half a dozen times in one weekend that concerns me. My arms will hate me. Hopefully I'll still be able to lift my beer!

On a side note, it's supposed to be nice tomorrow but rain all day Sunday. Saturday I'll be in the driveway if it's warm enough, but Sunday I'll be garage-bound. Since I recently moved into this house and the garage has horrible lighting, tonight will be spent purchasing and installing 7 T5 lighting fixtures. In addition to the $200 I spent on the detailing products last night, that should bring this projects total up to ~$700!
Aesthetic Mods
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
You could always break it into smaller pieces... don't rush, polish and finish a panel at a time. But above all else be careful.... once you start down this raod there is no turning back from the madness!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Advil will be your friend.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
snymat68

Well, Saturday I got her strip washed while it was nice out. Then I spent the rest of the weekend installing new lights in my garage so I could work inside, out of the rain. Ten brand new T5 high output fixtures. It's pretty much as bright as a paint booth now. Should be perfect for detailing over the next few evenings. Gonna drive the pickup while I detail the girl. Here's some pics of the garage lighting. They don't do the actual brightness any justice. I'll be sure to get some detailing pics up as the fun progresses!
Attached Images

Aesthetic Mods