Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-08-2015, 06:48 AM   #15
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
Can not wait to see it all done
Crystal Red 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 direct injection, Magnaflow X pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LFX intake manifold, Airaid CAI, ported throttle body, W-1 oil catch can, LED daytime running lights and fog lights, FE2 suspension, 20" Camaro SS wheels
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #16
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I love seeing "outside the box" thinking being done. Good Luck.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #17
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Looks good!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #18
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
good-luck!!
Old 12-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #19
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
Do you need the LFX computer? Can you use the electronics from the LLT?
Crystal Red 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 direct injection, Magnaflow X pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LFX intake manifold, Airaid CAI, ported throttle body, W-1 oil catch can, LED daytime running lights and fog lights, FE2 suspension, 20" Camaro SS wheels
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #20
Jayzmaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM #3678
Yeah any updates on this?
Jayzmaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #21
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I would think you'd need a LFX ecru to run it since the two engines have different ecu's ones bosch (llt) and the other is delphi (LFX ) if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #22
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Yes, you must use the LFX computer. LLT will not work with LFX engine/transmission. Still prepping engine and car so minimal time will be required for transplant. Taking my time. February is target. Dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Takes more time for details than installing the engine.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #23
alice

Update! FINALLY, I am at the point of engine completion and ready for the first initial test. Tracy has agreed that before going to all of the effort of installing the engine/transmission assembly in the vehicle and finding out that problem/problems exist, it would be wise to pull the new LFX engine along side the car, unplug the LLT computer and the (2) body plugs that connect the LLT engine to the body harnesses and body control modules, match the VIN numbers to the LFX computer, then load the stock GM programs for the LFX engine and transmission from the ODB2 port in the car. Then, we can note can buss communications and body control modules compatibility. This should give us a very clear indication if we have a potential winner or not.

Being this vehicle is my daily driver, I can't afford to have the car down for extended periods, so we have decided to perform this very important, interim step. One of the LFX engine harnesses had to be extended 10" in order to do this but it was only 18 wires and only took several hours. The other engine wiring harness was long enough, as is. GM doesn't give you any excess wiring, so this was necessary. That operation is completed and my GM programmer is scheduled to come to my shop next week to program the LFX computer and transmission module with a stock 2014 program. Today, I even decided to make a temporary fuel line extension so I can hook the fuel system to the LFX engine at the same time we do programming. Of course we can't start the engine at this point. This is as far as we can go on this critical test with the engine sitting beside the car but should reveal a significant amount of information and data.

If, and that's a big if, all goes well on this test, we will fabricate the new exhaust and schedule an install into the vehicle and see what happens. Vince at Trifecta has also been helping out with the can buss compatibility and electrical & component modifications to the LFX engine, so if and when it comes time to bring him in for programming, he can give me one of his superior tunes. Stay tuned and a BIG thanks to Vince and Tracy for all the collaboration on this "first time" conversion.

Last edited by alice; 01-30-2016 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #24
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I'm exited to see how this turns out. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #25
alice

Today, we rolled the new engine beside the LLT and plugged in the harnesses and LFX computer. Although we ran into an issue with the programming of the engine side, we were able to do a VIN match and program the automatic transmission successfully! A great first step. So indications are, that this might just work. Thank goodness we didn't install the engine in the car because the car would be down until we worked this all out. Ran out of time, so unplugged everything and got the car back on the road so I could drive home. Next week, we will spend more time to see if we can figure out what is going on and why we can't load a engine computer program. Our best guess is that we are not getting a computer wake up signal from possibly, the fuel pump control module. For now, more schematic brainstorming is needed. Will keep you posted. Positive progress!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #26
tamss13

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Today, we rolled the new engine beside the LLT and plugged in the harnesses and LFX computer. Although we ran into an issue with the programming of the engine side, we were able to do a VIN match and program the automatic transmission successfully! A great first step. So indications are, that this might just work. Thank goodness we didn't install the engine in the car because the car would be down until we worked this all out. Ran out of time, so unplugged everything and got the car back on the road so I could drive home. Next week, we will spend more time to see if we can figure out what is going on and why we can't load a engine computer program. Our best guess is that we are not getting a computer wake up signal from possibly, the fuel pump control module. For now, more schematic brainstorming is needed. Will keep you posted. Positive progress!
Will you have a list of what is needed to complete the swap? got a blown LLT and all I want is to replace it with a LFX.

Question this is a manual transmission. Will I have to replace the Trans with a newer Trans or will the current trans work?
tamss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:09 PM   #27
alice

Can't say for sure about the manual tranny but I believe you will be able to use your tranny. As far as I know at this point, the manuals are not prioritized for this conversion but let's wait to see if I can get the LFX ECU to accept a stock program download. The Automatic transmission took the program download when plugged into the vehicle body harnesses, which is encouraging but had issues with the engine side. Ran out of time and plan on trying again this next week.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 02-06-2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 02-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #28
tamss13

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks
tamss13 is offline   Reply With Quote