Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You just can't go to Auto Trader and believe what you read... They list the MSRP price but when you talk to them it's another story on the selling price. They are either sold like the one at Classic is, or they are way over MSRP as is the one at Mac Haik. I called Mac on a white one and couldn't hang up fast enough after they told me the price...

Classic is an awesome dealership BTW...
classic was a new listing, so figured it would be there, and mac..... is a lier lol

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2975638238.html only 88k, used ROFL!!!
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyshallsmite View Post
classic was a new listing, so figured it would be there, and mac..... is a lier lol

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2975638238.html only 88k, used ROFL!!!
Yeah.. the Classic one is still there but it is Sold... and that dealership doesn't do mark-ups...

85K and 500 miles on...
Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
SVT Murrocket
Banned

Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
Damn!! 69K is a ridiculous price to pay for this car. I know he could have found one cheaper. Wait was that after TT&L?
No - it was $69K + TTL. They said it was becuase it had Carbon package.

Last edited by SVT Murrocket; 05-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
SVT Murrocket
Banned

Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Quote:
You just can't go to Auto Trader and believe what you read... They list the MSRP price but when you talk to them it's another story on the selling price. They are either sold like the one at Classic is, or they are way over MSRP as is the one at Mac Haik. I called Mac on a white one and couldn't hang up fast enough after they told me the price...

Classic is an awesome dealership BTW...

Yep. That's exactly what happened to my friend with Mac Haik- except he didn't hang up. The car is NICE - but JEEZ....
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Murrocket View Post
Yep. That's exactly what happened to my friend with Mac Haik- except he didn't hang up. The car is NICE - but JEEZ....
Yikes... guess all you can say to him is "nice car".

I'll never buy a car there or at Munday. A little looking around on Auto Trader these days and you will find them at MSRP... a plane ticket is way cheaper than the markups...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Word of caution. Stay away from Mac Haik. They don't care about you, how they treat you, or if you ever buy from them again. They are one of the most unscrupulous dealers in Houston.

Classic of Sugar Land is another story. They sell their cars/trucks at MSRP or better. They want your repeat business and they want you to tell your friends about them. They have Honesty and Integrity that you won't find with many others. I know because I have purchased from both Mac Haik and Classic. I have purchased 4 vehicles since my last dealings with MH and not one of them came from MH.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #21
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Murrocket View Post
Why would you do that? Good things copme to those who wait...BTW, I've seen more ZL1's in Houston on the streets than I have Shelby's the past 2 weeks. 3 to 0. Seems like they all were shipped to the Houston Area...Anyway - CONGRATS on your CTS V!
You are so wrong , the reason is all fords are hiding , that's why you couldn't see it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #22
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Just because a car appears on Cars.com or Autotrader does not mean its for sale. I found this out last week, while trying to locate a White ZL1 Auto. The dealers systems are automated, there were 7 cars in a nationwide search that met my criteria and ALL of the were pre-sold vehicles. The only way to know for sure is to contact the dealer.

So I would say, yes please post any cars that are confirmed available. Especially if its a White, Auto at MSRP!

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Just because a car appears on Cars.com or Autotrader does not mean its for sale. I found this out last week, while trying to locate a White ZL1 Auto. The dealers systems are automated, there were 7 cars in a nationwide search that met my criteria and ALL of the were pre-sold vehicles. The only way to know for sure is to contact the dealer.

So I would say, yes please post any cars that are confirmed available. Especially if its a White, Auto at MSRP!
This is true... that's why 2 weeks ago I did the White search and found one at MSRP in North TX. Wish I had good news for you on a second White but there simply weren't any. Keep checking because they could pop up anytime now... I know of one train that is on the way to TX right now...
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #24
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Quote:
This is true... that's why 2 weeks ago I did the White search and found one at MSRP in North TX. Wish I had good news for you on a second White but there simply weren't any. Keep checking because they could pop up anytime now... I know of one train that is on the way to TX right now...
Is that the one you purchased?

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Is that the one you purchased?
Yes... got it from James Wood in Decatur TX... they picked me up at the DFW airport and I drove it back.

Here's a White Auto in East TX... they want 60k which is probably right at MSRP...
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...21008928&Log=0