Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Odd clutch and shifting issue for me.

Before I discribe my issue, I'll let you guys know my driving habits, and small mods as of today.

Car
2010 Camaro SS M6 - at the time of issue 2750 miles
2 oil changes. 1st at 500 miles, 2nd at about 2475

Driving habits
In town speed limits observed, but with some stop light launchs into second. RPMs get to about 3.5k to 4k with traction control on. No shifting issues.
1/4 mile track day once. 5 runs, 2 runs with comp mode on, 2 runs with traction control on 1 run with traction control off.

Mods.
1. Borla catback PN 140280 installed on 13 Feb 2010
2. Skip shift eliminator Installed on 20 Feb 2010

Issue
Less than 40 minutes after installing my skip shift eliminator I was at a light, with the traction control on. I get my RPMs to about 2k and take off, I notice that my clutch and throttle are both stuck (what seemed to be stuck to me) in the half way position. My car is not gaining or losing speed. I was going about 25 MPH. I tried to release the clutch and the throttle, but neither would respond. After about 10 seconds I was able to engage the clutch and my throttle responded and released from being engaged.
I was able to shift into second, but noticed that the throttle and the clutch were engaging on their own again. I quickly tapped the breaks, moved to the shoulder and turned the car off and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Once I turned my car back on I did not notice a problem again.

I went back to the skip shift eliminator instructions and also did some research online to make sure I connected it to the correct port and cable.

My question is, has anyone else felt as though they lost control of their clutch and throttle at the same time?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
The skip shift has nothing to do with it. My guess would be your track day cooked the clutch fluid. There is a bulletin to bleed the clutch hydraulics or replace the slave cylinder.

I'd take it to a dealer and tell them your clutch has been sticking halfway up and to check the bulletin for that condition.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote