Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #57
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
But really, when was the last time you heard of Honda launching a new vehicle with these issues?
Umm, on the Honda forums. Where that is the only place you will hear about the Camaro's issues. It's not on the news, papers, is it? I'm not on the Honda forums. I'm sure if you sign up and go on you can pull many a thread where there are problems. Amazing people still think that foreign cars are so much better.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #58
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecamaroguy View Post
Awesome...what kind of mileage you been averaging?

Scott, as always...THANK YOU. I don't think any one of us can say that enough!

Since the beginning (have not reset the fuel econ. button...)

(....and I am not known for 'leisurely' drives.)
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #59
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
I can believe some of the post. Really, if GM didn't care you would not know S, and the fact that GM is looking into it and holding some cars back until they know more shows that they want the consumer to have the best product possible. GM is not the only car company that has released a new car and had to work out some bugs all of the manufactures have. The list is Long. We just took delivery of our car after waiting since Oct. and ours is a six speed SS I will not buy into the Sky is Falling approach, but have a wait and see attitude.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #60
Halo2

Drives: 04 Mercury Marauder
It's been a pleasure...but now it is time to pull the C6 option. I go to work to get my dose of daily stress, I don't need it when trying to purchase a week end play toy. Good luck to all!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #61
Carlos
Camaro 2010 & 1979

Drives: Camaro
My sons Camaro SS manuel transmission broke down here in Miami, Floirda with 528 miles, it had to be towed which was handled by onstar / chevy service perfectly.The shaft that comes out of the transmission broke that goes connected to the drive shaft, had a new transmission shipped from Mexico within 2 days which is fast for a truckload shipment from mexico to Miami, Fl and i had the car back the day after transmission arrived at the dealer for a total of 3 days out of service, since they identified the problem, the car did break on a saturday night and was not diagnosed until tuesday morning.Consideirng the bankruptcy and that it is a new car I would give GM , Chevy and the dealer a AAAAA PLUS for handling the problem and i do not regret any purchase of this vehicle at all. Problems can happen, thats part of a new car run.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #62
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
It's been a pleasure...but now it is time to pull the C6 option. I go to work to get my dose of daily stress, I don't need it when trying to purchase a week end play toy. Good luck to all!
That is certainly your perogative -- but if I were you, I'd wait. I don't think this 'hold' will be long - -- perhaps a day or two? I DON'T know this and won't until tomorrow -- but when we DO find out, you'll read about it here.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #63
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
some seriously heated debate in this thread!

One point to make though:

WRT the loose spoiler nuts. Blaming the 'workers' for something like that, I don't think is entirely fair. I think the blame should go to whoever designed the assembly process. I would assume that's someone in management? Sounds to me like that 'step' in the process was left out, and that it was also left out of the QC checklist. I mean come on, any decent person who is told to look at a couple nuts is going to friggin tighten them if they see that they are loose.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #64
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Can you explain why launch control was designed into the car? I mean was it intended to protect the drive train from us nuts because of the long warranty on thease cars. If your not to use it why put it in the car. I saw a post on here explaining it on the corvette and the engineer said it wouldn't hurt the car. I do believe that this sight has alot to do with getting gm to jump on this problem quickly and I gain some respect back for them over that. Do you think this has anything to do with weight of car? That alot more to get moving then the corvette.

Some thoughts:

Go to a drag-strip and watch some people in their cars--

I saw a guy do a burnout (by accident I'd hope...) in REVERSE!

Launch control can maximize times in many cases.

HOWEVER -- you CAN turn the launch control off.....and when you do, some will hit the rev limiter and then just "dump" the clutch.....

......and THEN there are the 'burn-out' contests....(esp. from those who don't know what they're doing...)

.........and then there are the performance mods that have been done --

........so all I'm saying is this: Don't dump the clutch -- it's not a good thing to do no matter what you drive.......
Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #65
Darqueling

Drives: 2SSRS Yellow w/ Blk BB Stripes
Hmm, why are people making a big issue out of this? I like the system engineer venting over this, as I am a system engineer too but can tell you that this is normal. Can't tell you how many "maintenance efforts" we have on our products to fix what the Navy has found that we can't test in a lab. It's simple quality control, find out about a problem, fix, no more problem.

Meh, just tacks on another week or so to my 3000 status, but whatever, at this point I will get it when I get it, so will everyone else. Rather have a car that has been corrected rather than not, either way the issue is resolved. I am sure this won't be the last problem, every car has some recalls in its life time, that's how the system works. So long as GM issues the recalls and covers the fix of them that is all I care about.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #66
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Scott and the Rest of the Camaro Team,

THANK YOU for doing all that you do....I finally took delivery 10 days ago of my 2SS/RS MN6 gorgeous Victory Red with ground effects.

This is by far the most fun to drive car I've driven in decades (besides the occasional F360/430). You have GOT IT RIGHT on this baby!

Your supporters out here are growing daily....I stopped counting the number of friends/coworkers/strangers who own foreign cars who are now excited about GM!

EVERYTHING takes longer in the new Camaro....grocery store used to be 30mins, now 1.5hours due to getting stopped by folks!

Keep doing what you are doing....handle issues when they come up.....place customer service and product first and everything else will fall in place.

Oh....and continue to ignore the whiners/nay-sayers....they are just jeolous!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #67
MajikMD

Drives: 2SS/RS, 6spd, IOM, blk hockey
Jeez, man. Lay off a bit. If GM hadn't had all of the financial issues that it has recently, there's a good chance you wouldn't be bit**ing as much as you are.

As others said, it is a supplier part issue - GM didn't MAKE the tranny, they bought it. It seems that as soon as they realized there was a problem, they are working to fix it.

On another note, do you know how much energy is in a 4000-6000 rpm clutch dump?? I almost expect a few to break. Although I'm a ER doctor now, my initial degree is in mechanical engineering, so please trust me on this.

And on my last note...do you know the reason GM went under???? Is is NOT because they built a bad car. It is because they are trying to pay full retirement to 700,000 people, and only employ 50,000. It is a monumental strain on their finances. 700,000 retired employees. Just so you can see numbers...IF each of those people received 30k/yr as their full retirement (many receive ALOT more), that means GM is paying out $21 BILLION dollars each year just for retirement. Think about how they could make enough profit to maintain their facilities, pay their workers, fund concept development, advertise...you get the point.

I only say this because I get so tired of people ragging on GM without knowing the root of the problem - its not because of a recall or a bad part that GM went under. Keep that in mind, educate yourself a bit before you rant, and give them a break - they are immediately researching the problem as soon as it arose - what more could you expect?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #68
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
My car has a TPW of July 20th. Does this mean my car won't be made?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #69
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
subscribing
Old 07-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #70
txaggie_08

Drives: 2003 F-150
Thanks, Staff, for removing the idiots

Closed Thread