Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 AM   #85
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Pitch black tail light tint combined with an inoperable third brake light.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #86
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Seeing pointless threads

Seeing pointless comments on a pointless thread.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #87
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Naw, it's the arrogant V8 guys who are getting outclassed by nearly a second by garden variety 6th gen SS's.

I love my V6 because I was able to enter the beautiful 5th gen style and performance for under $20K brand new. However, I knew I had to have the manual so that's what I bought. I've never regretted it since.

You sir have it all the power of a v6, the style of a v8 and the gas millage of a corolla.

When I race a v6 I always start out in 5th gear, because no one likes to lose.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #88
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
you really took that personally didn't you
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #89
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
You sir have it all the power of a v6, the style of a v8 and the gas millage of a corolla.

When I race a v6 I always start out in 5th gear, because no one likes to lose.
I realize some 5th gen V8 guys have a fragile ego, but I didn't know it was this sensitive. Yeah, I know. It sucks that you got a V8 and now the average 6th gen V8 is almost faster by the same amount as you are from us.

Do they even know you're racing when you get on it?

It's okay, we V6'ers drive the same car as you. We like Camaros too, but you treat us like we're Mustang owners or something. However, there are some of us did not want to spend the entry price of $30K+ to get a V8. I could have personally, but didn't want to let go of my '89 Trans Am GTA.

It's okay, someday you'll be as fast as a stock 6th gen. Just got to save up for more mods.

Last edited by gringo; 03-18-2017 at 04:20 PM.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #90
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
you really took that personally didn't you
Yeah, I guess he did. 5th gear? I don't know about that. We're not exactly drėving 135hp 2.8L V6 Camaros from the '80's.

To be honest, I could never wrap my mind around the vitriol and the hate some of these V8 owners have against us V6'ers. When you have that much hate against a segment of the public that drives the same car but with a different, albeit cheaper engine option, there has to be more under the surface. Like they feel threatened for some reason. Right? :dunno:
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #91
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
I realize some 5th gen V8 guys have a fragile ego, but I didn't know it was this sensitive. Yeah, I know. It sucks that you got a V8 and now the average 6th gen V8 is almost faster by the same amount as you are from us.

Do they even know you're racing when you get on it?

It's okay, we V6'ers drive the same car as you. We like Camaros too, but you treat us like we're Mustang owners or something. However, there are some of us did not want to spend the entry price of $30K+ to get a V8. I could have personally, but didn't want to let go of my '89 Trans Am GTA.

It's okay, someday you'll be as fast as a stock 6th gen. Just got to save up for more mods.
Man you nailed it... I am so fragile and full of nasty hate...
"Do they even know you're racing when you get on it?"
Nope, but your mom does..
Old 03-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #92
dustin0284

Drives: 2014 BRM 1LT
An "adult" using mom jokes on a Camaro forum
Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #93
jd10013

Quote:
Yeah, I guess he did. 5th gear? I don't know about that. We're not exactly drėving 135hp 2.8L V6 Camaros from the '80's.

To be honest, I could never wrap my mind around the vitriol and the hate some of these V8 owners have against us V6'ers. When you have that much hate against a segment of the public that drives the same car but with a different, albeit cheaper engine option, there has to be more under the surface. Like they feel threatened for some reason. Right? :dunno:

I was referring to ironm4n. seems awfully bothered and defensive about it.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #94
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:

i think its partly because of all the v6 camaros running around with SS badges on them getting beat by crap that couldn't touch a V8. Or the people who think they just beat a v8 Camaro when it was really a v6.
I had a guy tell me i didnt know what i was talking about because Camaros only come with a v6. O ok I dont know what engine is under my hood.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #95
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i think its partly because of all the v6 camaros running around with SS badges on them getting beat by crap that couldn't touch a V8. Or the people who think they just beat a v8 Camaro when it was really a v6.
I had a guy tell me i didnt know what i was talking about because Camaros only come with a v6. O ok I dont know what engine is under my hood.

^ this!

Lots of drivers out there are unfortunately clueless and can't tell the difference between a v6, v8 and ZL1.
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #96
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #97
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
NO. Death to the v6ers
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:57 PM   #98
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post

I seriously doubt there are that many people running around with mis-badged cars out there to explain the attitude of SOME of the V8 owners. but to walk around with some sort of a chip on your shoulder because, well, somewhere out there a camaro lost a race, was really a V6 when badged as and 8, and has somehow insulted the honor of the car is perhaps one of the most asinine things I've heard, if true. if there are really people out there like that, they need help. not to get psychological, but it's far more likely these people were teased and taunted about something they drover at some time in their life, and it really bothered them. they now see the opportunity to ridicule someone else.