Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #71
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I still don't get what you people expected it to be. You want Z28 hood and bumper, wheels and a custom paint and stripe job for less than $1000. Maybe GM should buy back a bunch of GTO's and make them look like exact replicas of the bumblebee Camaro and sell them for $25,000. This car is marketed at non-enthusiests, the type of people GM needs to convert for life, as well as enthusiests. I think this is a great marketing tactic and I applaud GM for doing more to market this great vehicle to a broad market share.

I agree with you, I say 1000 dollars for just some stickers and all is retarded but I wouldnt expect much more. To get what everybody wants on this thing, if you were to get it in a 2ss it would probably run 45-50k then who would buy it. Im still finding putting a cartoon on a car pretty corny and chessy, its not like transformers is woven into the fabric of america. It would be like putting out a thunder cats or Voltron camaro.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #72
gettinginaMaro!

Drives: At the moment I gun a 50 cal
Read the thread all this it isn't Bumble Bee stuff is rediculous this is not a bumble bee package it is a Transformer package so get off how it isn't Bumble Bee we all know that already & it just beats a dead horse I think the quality will be well worth the grand it cost if it isn't for you don't buy it, its point is to get the car sold to a WIDER audience & move more units sound business model in my eyes good job GM it is suttle with class
gettinginaMaro! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #73
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post

I agree with you, I say 1000 dollars for just some stickers and all is retarded but I wouldnt expect much more. To get what everybody wants on this thing, if you were to get it in a 2ss it would probably run 45-50k then who would buy it. Im still finding putting a cartoon on a car pretty corny and chessy, its not like transformers is woven into the fabric of america. It would be like putting out a thunder cats or Voltron camaro.
Woah woah woah ! I would so buy the thunder tank if GM made it LOL.
I'm kidd'n of course.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger777 View Post

THAT IS INSANELY AWESOME.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #75
RyanotheDyno

Drives: 2001 camaro convertible
This z28 doesn't look as refined and little too childish for me. I'd much rather see Jinx's camaro come to life, then GM would have no trouble selling the car what-so-ever.
RyanotheDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #76
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger777 View Post
Okay, I've read two of these posts now. I've actually seen in person the bumble bee camaro. I talked to one of the guys as he was loading it up. The bumble bee from the second movie is actually a prototype for the 2012 camaro. If you all wish, I can post pic including, I got shots of the interior.

No it's not.

There are two "Bumblebee" cars -- they are modeled after the Camaro Concept car -- but they are on a GTO chassis. The interiors are hard plastic in many spots.......

In the first movie, they look just like the concept - in the second movie, they have a different fascia and hood.......

....but they are still the same two vehicles......
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #77
Fat Boy

Drives: 12 CVO Street Glide
Hmmm... what's with the jumper cables behind the seat? To help others or ones self?
Fat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #78
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Might make a little more sense if they didn't insist on it being yellow...since as quoted before, "it isn't a bumblebee edition, it is a transformers edition." Since it isn't supposed to be bumblebee, why the insistence on it being yellow? Look at it this way, make it available for every color and that's $995 for EVERY one you sell and you'll sell quite a few. Not everyone wants a yellow car. I personally wish the car hadn't been in transformers from the standpoint that I wanted a yellow car and now I wouldn't buy that color. I'm going toward either black or IOM at this point.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #79
RyanotheDyno

Drives: 2001 camaro convertible
fbodfather,
i know you've heard this a million times but GM should REALLY look a Jinx's photoshoped camaros, they are just BEAUTIFUL.
RyanotheDyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #80
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
Is it available only on Yellow camaros?

why not open it up to the other colors. I wouldn't do it on mine but... some people MIGHT want it on their camaros but they like other color other than yellow.....

Does it cost more money to make it available to other color camaros?
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #81
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
this is just plain silly...gm have you learned nothing? for 1k,make the car better,safer,faster...don't give us some emblem,stickers etc...

(prepares for incoming) if your going to make a movie car,look over your shoulder and see how ford did it....

tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #82
Grimmjow
6th Espada

Drives: 05 Mustang (Screaming Yellow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
this is just plain silly...gm have you learned nothing? for 1k,make the car better,safer,faster...don't give us some emblem,stickers etc...

(prepares for incoming) if your going to make a movie car,look over your shoulder and see how ford did it....

mmm -licks his lips- I loves me a Bullitt.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #83
whitetiger777

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
No it's not.

There are two "Bumblebee" cars -- they are modeled after the Camaro Concept car -- but they are on a GTO chassis. The interiors are hard plastic in many spots.......

In the first movie, they look just like the concept - in the second movie, they have a different fascia and hood.......

....but they are still the same two vehicles......
Not according to the guys who were loading them up.
whitetiger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #84
whitetiger777

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
Hmmm... what's with the jumper cables behind the seat? To help others or ones self?
The cars had been sitting there for the weekend. I'm assuming it was a precaution in case the batteries had drained.
whitetiger777 is offline   Reply With Quote