Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-13-2015, 12:38 AM   #71
Tcnj80

Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
I think it was a catch and should have stood as such, but I feel the cowboys still would have lost the game. Rodgers was just on another level at that point and if he knew he needed another TD he would have gotten it, there are special players in every sport who at times just put their team on their back and win and Rodgers is that kind of player and he was in that zone.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #72
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CamaroSS View Post
Three steps, knee down, and he was reaching for the goal line. Not sure how that's not a catch.. It's not the same as the Calvin Johnson play everyone keeps talking about either. But whatever.. wouldn't surprise if Green Bay got destroyed next week. I thought the Cowboys were the only real challenge to Seattle going back to the Super Bowl.

I just hope they can bring back both Dez and Murray next year. :/
The steps he took make absolutely NO difference. Before he even put the first foot down, he was already off balance and going to the ground. At that point, it doesn't matter if he took 20 steps. His body wasn't under control, and he needed to complete the catch going to ground. Whether he reached for the goal or not...again, irrelevant.

Simply put, Dez SHOULD have secured the catch, ESPECIALLY on a 4th down. He, as a professional receiver, should know the rules as well.

Total fail by Dez for not completing the catch. It was the correct call, and Cowboys fans should quit whining about a correct call.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #73
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Simply put, Dez SHOULD have secured the catch, ESPECIALLY on a 4th down. He, as a professional receiver, should know the rules as well.

Total fail by Dez for not completing the catch. It was the correct call, and Cowboys fans should quit whining about a correct call.

When the call was announced he should have been flagged for running out on the field.........again, or at least unsportsmanlike/childish conduct.
What a bunch of whiners!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #74
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The steps he took make absolutely NO difference. Before he even put the first foot down, he was already off balance and going to the ground. At that point, it doesn't matter if he took 20 steps. His body wasn't under control, and he needed to complete the catch going to ground. Whether he reached for the goal or not...again, irrelevant.

Lol... How didn't he have the ball under control when he was falling to the ground? Was he juggling it? No ! Everyone in the NFL which non of us is said that it was a catch ! Even ppl from the rival teams like the guy O'Dell Beckham that made the best catch ever well at least that's what the professionals said, even O'Dell said that it was a catch how can't we see he said ! Now watch them change the rule like they did with Tom Brady and the tuck rule vs. The raiders! No whining by me ! So don't say cowboy fans need to stop whining!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:39 PM   #75
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post

When the call was announced he should have been flagged for running out on the field.........again, or at least unsportsmanlike/childish conduct.
What a bunch of whiners!
Bunch of whinners ? I hope you're not talking about me because I said it was Dez fault and can't count on refs!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #76
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcnj80 View Post
I think it was a catch and should have stood as such, but I feel the cowboys still would have lost the game. Rodgers was just on another level at that point and if he knew he needed another TD he would have gotten it, there are special players in every sport who at times just put their team on their back and win and Rodgers is that kind of player and he was in that zone.
I think it would've been a nail bitter no doubt! That game will go down as one of the greatest like all other games with the cowboys in it ! Just seems that my cowboys is always on the losing end , in those games ! Lol..Darn!
Old 01-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #77
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I think it would've been a nail bitter no doubt! That game will go down as one of the greatest like all other games with the cowboys in it ! Just seems that my cowboys is always on the losing end , in those games ! Lol..Darn!

What I don't get is that certain plays, the ground can not cause a fumble, yet in this instance, it's ruled that it ends up as an incomplete pass because there was no football move.....then how do you explan the Helmet Catch?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #78
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
he never lost control of the ball going to the ground and on the ground, regarding the helmet catch.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #79
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
he never lost control of the ball going to the ground and on the ground, regarding the helmet catch.
Dez didn't lose control until after he reached for the end zone(which his knee and elbow, body hit the ground first) and the ball hit the ground and then he lost control.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #80
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Dez didn't lose control until after he reached for the end zone(which his knee and elbow, body hit the ground first) and the ball hit the ground and then he lost control.
after his knee and elbow hit the ground, was he touched/downed by contact?
Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 PM   #81
PoorMansCamaro

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...fter-challenge

second video on that site is pretty good. I would say that's a catch. He has the ball, has contact with the defender on their legs, he takes a step and lunges forward, making a football move. his right elbow is also down before the ball comes out.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #82
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:

second video on that site is pretty good. I would say that's a catch. He has the ball, has contact with the defender on their legs, he takes a step and lunges forward, making a football move. his right elbow is also down before the ball comes out.
Agreed, it definitely looks like a catch. For the officials to rule a football move needs to be made, Dez made more of a football move than the guy with the Helmet Catch.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #83
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Agreed, it definitely looks like a catch. For the officials to rule a football move needs to be made, Dez made more of a football move than the guy with the Helmet Catch.
Agree! You can't leap for a touchdown if you don't have the ball! Lol.. So I guess we all know that it was a catch!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #84
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Agree! You can't leap for a touchdown if you don't have the ball! Lol.. So I guess we all know that it was a catch!
I really don't know where anyone is getting this "football move" crap, as that has nothing to do with maintaining control of a ball to the ground.

Again, number of steps he took and/or reaching for endzone have NOTHING to do with whether he made a catch. He was contacted by the defender and fell to the ground. He needed to maintain control. He didn't.

Every official that knows these rules agrees. Those that know the rule agree.

I didn't watch the call live, so I don't know how the announcers (who are usually idiots when it comes to rules) impacted how people thought about the call.

I was listening to people on the radio convinced it was a catch describe it. As soon as I got to a place where I could watch, I did. As soon as I saw the tip of the ball move when he hit the ground, I knew it wasn't a catch.

I welcome ANYONE here to show me a rule where he needed to make a football move when going to the ground...and where that has ANYTHING to do with the call that was made.

I reiterate that Dez Bryant failed to make the catch because he was not paying attention to the situation. He should have just tucked the ball in, gone to the ground...and made the catch.

I liken what he did to someone going in for a solo dunk, decides to get fancy and the ball slips from his hand and he rims it. Know the situation and know the rules (he is paid to know these things, right?). Hopefully Dez will learn from this.