Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-10-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
BDG45A

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniv
Information about installing OEM Dovetail spoiler?

Hi--I just bought a 2012 2SS 45th Anniv. coupe and I am a newbie to Camaro5. I used these forums to get a lot of information before I bought the car, so thanks for all posts they definitely were a lot of help. I just sold an 07 Mustang GT Vert that I made several mods to and I am getting started on doing some to this Camaro. I bought the car with the ground effects package and I think it needs the Dovetail spoiler to finish the aggressive look. So I have an OEM Dovetail spoiler coming Tuesday and I have been reading several posts about problems with the supplied template for drilling the holes for the left and right fender pieces. It was noted by several of you that you had to elongate the holes because they didn't line up correctly. My question is, how much off and which direction is the template off? Should I shift the hole locations toward the front or back, up or down? Are they off 1/64", 1/32", 1/16", more? If the template is wrong then it should be consistently off, so if a few of you can respond with what you experienced I might be able to get closer by changing the layout for my install.
Thanks
BDG45A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I don't know. I used the template & the holes worked fine by elongating one of them just slightly for installing the end pieces. The fitment issue is to the inside between the mounts. You will see that when the template is installed and you set the end piece to line with where the holes are to be drilled.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote