Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Anone having pairing problems to phone only?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and id like to thank everyone for all the good posts ive found so far.
Ive just recently purchased a 2012 Camaro ss/rs and over the past couple weeks ive been trying to pair my phone to the hands free calling. I have a galaxy s6 edge and I have no problems with it pairing to the GMusiconnect for audio streaming. Everything seems to work in the car, as far as usb and Bluetooth for music.
When I first start the car I go through the normal steps to pair the phone to the hands free, I start a search and then hit pair on the radio, only thing is that my phone cannot find your vehicle. Ive tried this with 5 separate phones now as well as hard resetting my phone, ive also pulling the battery on the car for a whole night hoping that would fix it. Does anyone know what else is worth trying or have similar problems?
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Hi Azrael618, the easiest method to pair your SS with the Samsung is follow your car owner's manual to the letter. If you try to wing it will not pair... believe me. I followed the instructions and it paired in 3 minutes. No worries
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:52 AM   #3
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
OP, you did not say that you tuned on discovery on the phone at the same time sp the radio can find it.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
yea sorry I didn't mention about the discovery mode, I read the manual and did everything as it said. Just didn't go through every detail because it is a phone pairing. Ive paired hundreds of devices without ever dealing with this exact problem. I do turn the Bluetooth on my phone and scan right before I hit pair on the car, the car does show a 4 digit code to enter, but no matter what method I use, ive done the manual way about 40 plus times now with multiple phones and no phone ever sees the "your vehicle" as an available device. It almost seems like the car phone Bluetooth is not sending the signal, its just crazy lol. Ive never had a device not show up under devices. Ive also tried the whole process right after turning the vehicle on cus some posts said you only have 30 secs once car is started. Thanks all for your help.
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Have you checked the paired device list in the radio? It only supports 5, so if it's full, you can't add any more.

Last edited by JimE; 09-08-2016 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Ther are two Bluetooth receivers in your Camaro. The PDIM unit is for streaming audio (GM Connect). The other Bluetooth unit is in the On-Star module behind the glove box. I believe that this module could be bad, as my clue is that NO phones will pair to your car.

I would have the dealer check this out, and you may need a new On Star module.

And as suggested above, make sure that there are not multiple phones already paired...max is 5, and the previous owner may have paired 5 phones to the car.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote