Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #43
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakudog View Post
Yes, you are forced to remove the brake ducts. Something else could be added and retrofitted to provide the same cooling effects as the factory ducting but I didn't pursue it as I road race my AMG E63 instead of my ZL1 because it is more balanced.
Yeah see I'm trying to figure out a setup that will allow the brake ducts to be kept in place while also supporting a good intercooler for boost.
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #44
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprojectile View Post
Yeah see I'm trying to figure out a setup that will allow the brake ducts to be kept in place while also supporting a good intercooler for boost.
You could either fab up piping that enters and exits at a different location or stay water to air and install a manifold with a cooling brick like lingenfelters. I think heat soak may become an issue road racing though.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #45
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
You could either fab up piping that enters and exits at a different location or stay water to air and install a manifold with a cooling brick like lingenfelters. I think heat soak may become an issue road racing though.
Well see the thing is, im actually a V6 with a TT kit and a ZL1 front bumper atm. But I am looking into using the LF4s intake manifold which has built in water to air cooler and supports twinkle intake for the factory twin turbos on that engine.

I was just trying to find a way to stay with a traditional setup but allow room for the brake ducts.
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote