Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
73duster

Drives: 2010 camaro ss automatic
I got stuck in the snow, and now i'm getting the service stabilitrac as well. I checked for codes with my SCT tuner and it say's there AREN'T any. Will the battery disconnect clear this?
73duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73duster View Post
I got stuck in the snow, and now i'm getting the service stabilitrac as well. I checked for codes with my SCT tuner and it say's there AREN'T any. Will the battery disconnect clear this?
Normal we get this when we put the car on the dyno and run the rear tires without any front tire movement.

You can Just drive it and it will go away.

Or A battery disconnect will clear it.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #31
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Weak Batt or slow cranking etc will cause it as well.
Goes away after
Overnight sit or
Reflash of the ECM or
After disconnecting the batt for a while.

Ask me how I know!

I would add when it happens to me the tach no longer works and the car runs like crap!
This is exacly what happened to my car today. It has been sitting for three months with my Battery Tender (from my motorcycle days) in the cabinet about 3 feet away...

I am charging it now and will repost if it works...

UPDATE: Charged the battery put it back in and everything listed above by Cruz-lo is fixed. Even if you get the car started, these cars do not like a low battery...

Last edited by NinoSS; 03-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.
NinoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
Crashnburn7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have not had the problem since that day, I have started it up a few times since, but still waiting for the salts to get washed off the roads before I take it out. The day it happened it did seem slow to crank over so may very well be the battery, i was not able to see any codes
Crashnburn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #33
spike347

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS,RS,SIM, 6.2L , LS3
Well here is one for you !
I was in traffic in my little town (35ish) and my car shut off just like it ran out of gas, it even tried to restart. I am 70 so pushing a car is not something I am going to do very for or much. But off to the side of the road I went, trying to figure out what to do next didn't come easy. I looked at the dash and that "Sev. Stabilitrac light/message was on. By then my wife came to my rescue, she is my Res. Expert and said why is that light on ? She got out the Owners Manual and said it says you can reset that. So it was the turn off the switch, open the drivers door, roll down the window and wait for one minute "?" so I did all of that and sure enough the message was gone. But the car still will not start and by now the battery was about dead, again ? . So the roll back came and took me and the car home to my shop.
I did the scan thing and this is what it came up with, UO109, (NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE )
Now I have not said until now but I ordered a set of GM F-CAR Service Manuals all 17 pounds of them, really great stuff. In this book it says U code do not replace module.

So to night I unhooked the battery , charged it up to the top, and reinstalled it about 45 mins. later.
Me thinking this was or would reset this thing, But no it didn't, it starts over but will not run, sounds like it is out of gas. Just like it says.
This car has a Whipple, C Cam, ARH exhaust, tuned and lots more. I have no one around here that could work on it.
Question is what now the car will not run and is so close to the ground I can't load it on a roll back or trailer. So it has to be fixed here.
Any help the sky is the limit.
spike347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #34
CamaroSal

Drives: 2011 Imperial Blue Camaro LS
Yaw rate sensor

I dont know if this is where I need to ask but ill ask anyway. I need to know where the yaw rate sensor is located. I've looked everywhere and have been going nuts trying to find it and I cant. Can someone please help me out?
CamaroSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSal View Post
I dont know if this is where I need to ask but ill ask anyway. I need to know where the yaw rate sensor is located. I've looked everywhere and have been going nuts trying to find it and I cant. Can someone please help me out?
Under the center console.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #36
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I fired up Pumpkin for the 1st time this spring and got a "Service Air Bag" on DIC even though I had a tender on it.