Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
1st Annual PNW Charity:Water Drive. Also my 40th Birthday!

Revised Details Below!

Last edited by Christiancoach; 02-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Christiancoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Christiancoach

REVISED DETAILS!
Hello Car Friends!

Over the last few years I have been involved with several different car clubs/show/groups here in the Pacific Northwest. My 40th Birthday is coming up this month! I decided that I really wanted to do something that all my Automotive friends could participate in, and while I am at it, I wanted to raise a little money for my favorite Charity: Charity Water!

So I am putting on the 1st Annual PNW Charity:Water drive! We will meet up at the Redmond Town Center for Exotics at RTC, starting at 8:30am on Saturday, February 25th. If the weather is nice and ERTC is held we will hang out and enjoy the Exotics. The event is open to all kinds of cars, so if you don't drive an Exotic, you can still show your car, or park outside of the "show" lot. IF ERTC Cancels due to weather we will depart from RTC at 9:15. WE WILL DRIVE RAIN OR SHINE!
At 11am, or close to it, we will depart for a 4 or so hour drive, with a stop for lunch.

PLEASE NOTE: ERTC has strict no revving, burn outs, and loud stereo rules! Please respect the rules of the event. There are often plain clothes police in attendance, and lots of video cameras! In the past video from show off driving has landed in the hands of the Redmond Police.
This event is not officially recognized by ERTC. The organizers are aware that we will be attending, and doing a drive afterwards, and we are welcome at the event as long as we follow their rules.

We are still planning out the exact route. Trying to stay at lower elevations to ensure clear roads is a priority. So are some fun twisties! The event is completely free, but I would ask that you consider making a donation to my 40th Birthday Charity:Water Campaign. http://mycharitywater.org/​p/​campaign?campaign_id=23250
Everyone is welcome to cruise with us, donation or not!

For a route map, come and find me, it isn't hard, I will be the one driving the Holden Commodore SSV.

Even if you can’t come please consider making a contribution to this amazing organization, that has provided clean drinking water for over 670,000 people worldwide!

Please leave a reply if you can attend so I can get an idea of how many people will be showing up. It might affect the route choice!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON OTHER FORUMS!
and facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/328038667240375/
Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Christiancoach

The Route is SET!

See it in Google Maps[/URL]
Old 02-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Christiancoach

Exotics at Remond Town Center is cancelled due to the probablility of rain. We will meet at RTC near Desert Fire Restaraunt starting at 8:30am, and depart around 9am. I will have some maps printed of the route. We will drive the route, maybe stop along the way for a few photos. We will end at RTC where we will have some lunch, if you would like to join us.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I will likely be there to join the drive just because it's always a nice day for a drive
Old 02-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Christiancoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I will likely be there to join the drive just because it's always a nice day for a drive
Awesome! Looks like we will have a small, but nicely diverse group of cars! Looking forward to seeing your Camaro again.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Well, I woke up...puttered around the house and finally just took a shower. I look out the window & see snow.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it there or not. I haven't really checked the tempurature outside, but it looks to be warming so I doubt it'll stick. Also not sure if snow is localized since I'm on top of a hill in MLT. I need to get to a store & gas anyways, but if road conditions aren't icy, I'll make the trip.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Well, thanks for trying to put this together...maybe do this later this month?

Heh, I figured I'd see what the route through Duvall was like on the way back to MLT. I got onto Novelty Hill Road, and snow was definately coming down and it was 32 degrees. Finally got to the point where I figured it was better to turn around. I probably could have made it...but why take the chance
Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Christiancoach

Steve,
Thanks for coming out. I certainly didn't want anyone to wreck a car. Not worth it, and it was really snowing in MLT and a few other areas. It only takes on slip, and game over. I will look at some other dates and see if I can make it happen later. The next few months are a little nutty for me.