Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Two days .. YES TWO DAYS ...after I drove mine home i pulled in a parking lot next to a friend who has just pulled in ahead of me. BAM! I think she kicked her door open with her foot. We could not see anything in the dark and she is a good enough friend that i will not tell her what I found the next day. Looks just like the OP photo.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Really?!?! WTF is wrong with people? No matter the car I am in or the shape of the car I am parking next to I am ALWAYS careful to NEVER hit the car next to me! It's called respect and some people really need to learn some.

That ding would drive me nuts, hope you get it fixed soon OP!

Yup, exactly.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #31
RingoRaintree

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible IOM
Karma is a bitch, and sometimes you get to see instant paybacks.
One of my best memories of all time is when a friend of mine had parked his newly finished '39 Pontiac in front of his store. As a group of us sat in his store admiring his ride a woman that he knew pulled in next to it, slung open her door and hit the Pontiac pretty hard. Tony went outside, confronted her about it and all she said as she walked off was "it's just a car, get over it.....".
Tony, who tipped the scales at over 350 lbs., didn't say a word. He got in his car, leaned back across the seat, opened his door and kicked his door with both feet, hitting her car so hard that the glass broke out of the front door, the back glass fell into the door and the mirror popped off. As she came running from the store next door, Tony got out, stopped and said, "You're right, it's just a car." She couldn't even open her door!!
To this day Tony is one of my heroes, and if I ever see the person who does a similar thing to my car, I intend to do Tony proud!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Here's my little story. I took my mother to the store one day and waited in the car. After a couple of mins. a man and woman pulled in next to me. When the woman opened her door she slammed it into mine and gave me a dirty look. She said nothing and went in to shop. She left a small ding my door. The longer I sat there the madder I got, so I got out and and kicked in her door. My mother came out and we left. That was thirty years ago, I'm not proud of what I did but no one I've told this story to have said they didn't want to do the same thing at one time or another. I've learned to control myself over the years. I guess some people never will.
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
Stealy Phil

Drives: 2010 Camaro Dealer Show car
Hey guys,
I have a way that will help you keep your Camaros looking pretty and dent free.
I started a thread over at
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post5236702
Please take a look and leave feedback.
Thanks
Stealy Phil is offline   Reply With Quote