Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
Wylie_SS

Drives: Red Hot 2SS 1LE
My 5 Month Camaro Exile Ends

In March, my 2011 IOM 2SS was totaled in an accident (not my fault). So my journey started to replace it. I went to the Chevy website to start looking for my next car. While going thru options I came across the 1LE. I went to Camaro5 to see what more I could learn about the 1LE. Saw the 1LE forum and started reading threads and decided it was the direction I was going.
April- Placed my order, got past the constraints, the wait begins.
June- Dealership calls, the car arrived. But it is the Wrong color! So I order again which means I get to wait another 8 weeks. It goes from being a 2014 to 2015. The good news is that the dealerhip honored the 2014 rebates I was going to get that wouldn't be present on the newer 2015 since the error was on their side.
August- Thursday I picked up my Red Hot 2SS 1LE.

Its been 5 months, hope I can still drive the stick...not a problem. Don't realize how much fun it is and the smile it puts on your face until you have been without it for too long. I definitely can feel a difference with the 1LE in ride and acceleration with 3.91 gears (runs slightly higher RPM). The wait was worth it!
Attached Images

Wylie_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
TheTransporter

Drives: NA
Congratulations, enjoy that great looking car. I'm sure it was worth the wait.
TheTransporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Wait was worth it, you're going to have lots of fun. BTW that smile was the basis for my plate
Old 08-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #4
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
That Sir, is an excellent replacement. Enjoy the ride!
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #5
Wylie_SS

Thanks. I have started looking up places to do a road course with a performance driving school. I would like to learn more with respect to driving and getting the most out of the 1LE as a learning experience. Not saying I will catch the bug but would like to have the experience now that I have the car.

Has anyone had any expereince with the following two locations?

1. MotorSport Ranch is south of Fortworth TX.
2. Texas World Speedway is in College Station TX. Daughter is attending Texas A&M so can visit and going racing at the same time...

Mark
Old 08-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
FAST FRED
To many toys

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Nice upgrade.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the new 1LE !!

Glad your wait is over, she looks good in Red Hot

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
kinematic11
patiently waiting my turn

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
"Its been 5 months, hope I can still drive the stick...not a problem. Don't realize how much fun it is and the smile it puts on your face until you have been without it for too long. I definitely can feel a difference with the 1LE in ride and acceleration with 3.91 gears (runs slightly higher RPM). The wait was worth it!"

I am considering the "stick" issue as well. Last car was a lotus exige s, stick.
Before that was a 911, stick. Before that was a '93 mustang, stick.

So, the ? is, how is it. Is it your daily driver? Have you driven it in traffic?

I swore off ever getting stick shift again after the lotus, as lambo and even porsche gt3 now are only offering stick shift in their cars .

your opinion is appreciated, as it will help my decision

thanks,

dave
1984 trans am
kinematic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Congrats !!!
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #10
nmartin1216

Drives: 14 white Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS
daily drive my 1le, about 250 miles a week, had it since october 2013 just over 9400 miles now...no problems (knock on wood) other than a nail in 2 tires! love the car and so does everyone that sees it!
nmartin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Wylie_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematic11 View Post
"Its been 5 months, hope I can still drive the stick...not a problem. Don't realize how much fun it is and the smile it puts on your face until you have been without it for too long. I definitely can feel a difference with the 1LE in ride and acceleration with 3.91 gears (runs slightly higher RPM). The wait was worth it!"

I am considering the "stick" issue as well. Last car was a lotus exige s, stick.
Before that was a 911, stick. Before that was a '93 mustang, stick.

So, the ? is, how is it. Is it your daily driver? Have you driven it in traffic?

I swore off ever getting stick shift again after the lotus, as lambo and even porsche gt3 now are only offering stick shift in their cars .

your opinion is appreciated, as it will help my decision

thanks,

dave

Dave,
Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you post. The stick vs automatic has been debated quite a bit on this forum. My general answer is pick the one that suits your need and desire. For me the decision depends on the vehicle. The Camaro is a vehicle that falls in the category that the stick brings alot of enjoyment with that configuration (my opinion).

In regards to the 1LE it only comes with the manual transmission. My 2SS was also a manual. The 1LE is my daily driver split 50/50 secondary roads and highway, no issues. I hit rush hour traffic, again no issues than what you would expect driving manual but not a problem dealing with. So the 1LE doesn't bring any new concerns as a manual car.

However, I do like the responsiveness the 1LE has when rowing thru 2-3-4. The RPMs run a little higher than the 2SS so it feels more responsive to me due to the 3.91 gearing. That part I do enjoy

So the 1LE package shouldn't scare you away from a manual. IF you are tired of manuals in general and want automatic then go the 2SS route.

Mark
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #12
kinematic11
patiently waiting my turn

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
stick

Thanks for the response Mark. I just prove a used ZL1 that was automatic tranny and as compared to the 1LE, it was boring. what I mean was it was so smooth it was like driving any other car. there was no visceral excitement. it was fast and the exhaust sounded nice when accelerating, but there just wasn't a lot going on.

The 1LE's that I have driven are much more involving and ride sportier to me. plus they sound just as good. they are much lighter as well. the zl1honestly feels a little piggy in comparison.

Dave
1984 trans am
kinematic11 is offline   Reply With Quote