Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
rubbing someone the wrong way

I have a co-worker that constantly rubs me the wrong way and she does it to most everybody too. Do you have any stress relief methods that you all use to get over all the annoying things people do to you? Because I just want to just snap at this person sometimes. But since she's two salary grades above me and "snapping" is kind of frowned upon, I can't. I just go home and vent at the end of the day. But it's so frustrating to have this person constantly make everything seem like it's this huge deal when it's actually not and make other people look bad for the sake of making herself look better.

What do you do? Bring beer to the office? do donuts in your Camaro in the parking lot? What???
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I hate that garbage. I used to have a boss at my current job that would talk to clients as if they were correcting my mistakes when in fact I had developed a positive relationship with my clients and done nothing wrong. Fortunately, he is no longer here.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Xbox 360 + Halo 3.

There's a reason my friend and I played every single day the minute we got home from school...
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Xbox 360 + Halo 3.

There's a reason my friend and I played every single day the minute we got home from school...
My XBL handle is Jayhawker018. Add me. Forgive me during matches for using DSL. :(
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Fortunately for me, I have a few empty boxes in my office that I can kick the ish out of whenever somebody annoys the crap out of me.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
So where exactly is she rubbing you? , i guess she's to ugly. for you not to like it.

Sorry men, i just take a break and go for a drive on the Camaro.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Funny this thread is on here today of all days. Not 5 mins ago I just had the same crap happen to me. I am great at being a smart a$$ in a way that almost seems like I am appoligizing for nothing while pointing out their mistake. Almost got fired a few years ago for snapping so I found this way is better. That and visiting this site....
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
My XBL handle is Jayhawker018. Add me. Forgive me during matches for using DSL. :(
Remind me when I get an Xbox this summer.

I always went over to my friend's house and used his.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
If you really want to get under someone's skin, the key is to make them blow up and not you. So the best option is don't react to everything, make it seem like you are unphased by anything they do. If you do react, do it a matter of fact kind of way.

"I really think you are trying to say something to get me to be upset. I don't understand why you would do that"

It is easier said than done, and I could tell you stories of what I've gone through over here.

I do have something I could suggest that makes me laugh and not want to strangle them. I'm not sure if I should post it here, it's funny but maybe not to safe for work.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #10
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
If you really want to get under someone's skin, the key is to make them blow up and not you. So the best option is don't react to everything, make it seem like you are unphased by anything they do. If you do react, do it a matter of fact kind of way.

"I really think you are trying to say something to get me to be upset. I don't understand why you would do that"

It is easier said than done, and I could tell you stories of what I've gone through over here.

I do have something I could suggest that makes me laugh and not want to strangle them. I'm not sure if I should post it here, it's funny but maybe not to safe for work.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Or read up on revenge

http://www.amazon.com/Do-Unto-Others.../dp/0312252919
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I worked in law firms for over 15 years. Let me tell you, I have worked people who were very annoying, irritating, overly religious (constantly proselytizing to me), who made sexual advances, who were foul-mouthed, and egotistical. Some were chronic gossipers, complainers, and talkers. I found a different way to deal with each person. But in every case, I found the best way was to talk to them directly about whatever they were doing that was upsetting me. I was very professional about it in a non-attacking way. It takes a lot of nerve but I find it's best just to address the problem head on. Some got really pissed and made total asses out of themselves yelling at me as I sat there smiling. Others apologized. But in the end, they usually left me alone after that.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I do think confronting people usually makes a big difference. I guess I should do that one of these days...

I'd totally say/do random stuff to mess with her if this wasn't work. Telling jokes or doing things that only makes me laugh is something that I'm good at!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Lately ive been thinking about jumping up and stabbing someone in the neck with a plastic fork...After envisioning that I feel much better.