Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #15
Fignewton

Drives: 2010 2SS
So, 560 or so miles and everything is good. I've launched it twice and was pleased with its performance. So another week goes by of just normal driving and I get in it this morning and the pedal is kinda hard. I drive it a few blocks and it just isn't right. I go to work and try it again at lunch ad she doesn't want to go into reverse. I bled the clutch after work and it didn't change. I'm thinking slave cylinder which sucks because it only has about 12,000 miles on it. I guess I'll find out what it is this weekend, thankfully I can drive the work truck

Roto-Fab CAI, Comp Cam: 231/242, 113 degree lobe separation, +3 degree advance at .600 lift IN/EX. Melling High Volume Oil Pump, GM Performance Lifters, Rocker Trunion upgrade and Comp Valve Springs, TT Racing Oil Catch Can, Full Tube Headers w/ mid pipes, Cat Delete, Borla S Mufflers, ZL1 Shifter, Mantic 9000 series Twin Disc Clutch, BMR Lowering springs, BMR Toe rods, BMR Trailing arms, Niche Lucerne 20" Wheels, M/T Street Comp 275/40-20 front 275/35-20 rear.
Fignewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #16
Fignewton

I tore it down that weekend and found that the cover plate (what most would call the pressure plate) had broken. There was a split in the ring and several of the fingers were laying down. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures so I'll just have to stick to explaining what things looked like. I got hold of Mantic (Geoff Gerko is the US rep) and he said this was a pretty rare thing to happen. He said he would send me another cover plate for $125.00 plus shipping ( since mine was out of warranty) and asked me to return the old one so they could figure out what caused it. The new cover plate arrived and I sent the old one back the same day. It's been a couple of weeks and even after asking about it I have not received a PayPal request for the money. At the end of the week I put her back together and the thing is just fantastic. It always had a little heavy spot in the middle of the pedal travel and that is now gone and the clutch is almost butter smooth. Geoff was really great to work with and based on their customer service and the way my clutch works I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend Mantic to anyone that wants a great high performance twin disc clutch.

Roto-Fab CAI, Comp Cam: 231/242, 113 degree lobe separation, +3 degree advance at .600 lift IN/EX. Melling High Volume Oil Pump, GM Performance Lifters, Rocker Trunion upgrade and Comp Valve Springs, TT Racing Oil Catch Can, Full Tube Headers w/ mid pipes, Cat Delete, Borla S Mufflers, ZL1 Shifter, Mantic 9000 series Twin Disc Clutch, BMR Lowering springs, BMR Toe rods, BMR Trailing arms, Niche Lucerne 20" Wheels, M/T Street Comp 275/40-20 front 275/35-20 rear.

Last edited by Fignewton; 04-29-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Did you change out the differential lube? It's very easy to do and also important.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
Fignewton

Yes, with Royal Purple the first time I took it apart. I am incredibly pleased with the way she runs now.