Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
dRuEFFECT

Drives: White 2012 1LT w/ Blade Spoiler
PAC 2 din radio trim on an awesome sale

PAC RPK5-GM4101 Chevrolet Camaro Integrated Radio Replacement Kit 2010-15 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M056PCV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZNZMAbSRSFD1D

Been tracking this on camelcamelcamel for a long while now. Never saw it budge from it's 299 price, but a marketplace seller (dealsrus2015) put it to 199 with an additional 20% off. Screenshot attached. Looks like only a few in stock from this seller, so I jumped on this deal. Freaking sweet at almost half price, $159.

This unit uses your existing stock temperature dials for that stock-ish look and feel.
Attached Images

dRuEFFECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
InfernoOrangeLS36Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sad to see this after I purchased in December.... timing is everything!!! Hope you like yours... I had a couple of issues with the kit since Best Buy Geek Squad install...
First off... kit looks awesome... almost stock in appearance... love the look...
I had an issue with the backlighting not working on the HVAC dials... it was intermittent, after cycling the key, they worked again.
I then had an issue with the A/C itself.... Since my kit was installed in early January, I had no need for A/C in Texas... fast forward to April.. temps hit mid 80's, and my A/C was "on" but not staying cold... I had the A/C pressures checked.. all were in line. The Geek Squad looked it over, checked firmware and re-installed... Now all I had was HOT AIR... the compressor was cycling... just no cold air.??? They suggested a replacement, might be a circuit board issue....
I called PAC Audio, they said there was a firmware fix for the dial lights, but had no clue on the A/C... they sent me a replacement kit (I paid for it first). Took to BB, replaced... still no A/C..Hot Air...????
The Geek Squad contacted Best Buy Technical Support and PAC Audio Tech support for assistance...
Fix was in the car's original HVAC dials... tech explained there is some sort of contact clip that makes contact with the metal strip on the PAC kit... the clip was not making positive contact causing the A/C not to function... after some manual repair, they re-installed and now I have ICE COLD A/C as usual....
Sorry so long.. but if anyone else has an issue with it, there is hope!!