Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
GSoccerCam

Drives: 2010 LS3
100 shot of nitrous

I’m thinking about buying a nitrous kit where it connects between the manifold and the throttle body.. my buddy ( the guy I’m buying it from ) said it has a throttle learn thing on it.. I have an ls3 manual car. And I’m not familiar with it so how does it work.. the nitrous. It spray whenever I’m full throttle ? Or only in certain gears certain rpm? How do I set it? What will I need with this kit as far as fuel spark plugs or electronics ? Thanks in advance *noobie alert*
Old 05-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Sounds like my Zex kit.

A wire is connected to the purple wire that plugs into the throttle body wiring. After you have the rest of it set up, you turn the car on, and hold the gas pedal down with the key in the on position, the system "learns" when your car is at wide open throttle, and will only activate the nitrous at WOT.

You'll want 1 step colder plugs.

You'll also need a purge kit and a bottle warmer.
Your tuner will also need to retard the timing 2-3 degrees for the 100 shot.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Your controller/window switch will connect to the tps on the tb. You have a rising and falling voltage that you can connect to. This will allow your system to operate only at wot. Your window switch parameters will determine what rpm you spray. You will need to connect it to a tach signal. Most controllers have these basic functions. Some controllers allow for gear lock out and progressive rates.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Check out the video below it goes over the ZEX Nitrous Kit Install on a 2010 Camaro SS. You should also download the instructions from ZEX to be sure you know what to expect and have all the jetting correct for the fuel and nitrous. With an M6 car it is a little more tricky since you never want to hit the rev limiter or you will get detonation. I have several videos on my youtube channel talking about Nitrous and some things you need to know when you run Nitrous. Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
metrogdor22

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
throttle learn thing
You need to look up the specific make and model of nitrous kit your friend has and read any and all documentation the manufacturer has available. Wire it up however you want - more control is just a matter of more money. Most amateur nitrous setups just have buttons for arming and purging, and a window switch set to activate within an RPM window. If you only want it in certain gears, or a remote bottle opener, or extra safety checks like fuel and bottle pressure, that's all possible if you buy the parts.

Given that you're unfamiliar with how it all works and want to run a 100 shot, talk to a professional tuner. Tell them what you want and let them make suggestions and do the install and tune.