Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #43
Wilburbeest
Think With Your Dipstick!

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28
I guess I'm weird but I actually liked ABM quite a bit. I like IBM too so really I don't see the problem

1997 Camaro Z28 (LT1/T56): K&N CAI | Kooks 1 3/4" LTs | 3" Custom Duals | UMI LCAs w/ relocation brackets | UMI adj. panhard bar | UMI adj. torque arm | Koni SA shocks | Strano Springs | Ram Powergrip clutch | Pro 5.0 shifter | skip shift eliminator kit | WS6 Store rotors | Hawk HPS pads
Wilburbeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #44
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
It does pop in the sun, no doubt. The first car I test drove was a 2SS ABM. But...then I saw the teal...and that was that. Just didn't do it for me. The IBM does look great, but mine is a daily driver, so I knew it would pick up dirt almost as well as black. So, I went SIM. Someone should start a new blue poll with pics.
Someone that does know how to do polls should, maybe FbodFather can use it for GM. I would have goten ABM if it was available but wasent. But I did love the blue on those G8's.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #45
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
I'm holding out for Berlin Blue from the Dusk concept. Until then, it's black for me.

This. I fell in love with that blue. If they offered that I would do anything I could to afford this car.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #46
2KWIK4U

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2014 Camaro vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
I have seen both in real life, owning and IBM, and seeing many ABMs at car shows and in town. Not trying to bash either one, just to me neither is a true blue. Thinking back to all of the blue cars I have owned over the years (7 I think) these 2 Camaro blues would have to be my least favorite. JMO

Same here, and I am also colorblind but I can still tell that neither IBM or ABM are really a true blue.

Of course putting them on a Camaro makes even a bad color look good!

Danny

" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" -John Wayne "The Shootist"
2KWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #47
Berean

Drives: Truck
Ford's Kona Blue is one of the best ever.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #48
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
I hope I don't get bashed for bringing in another manufacturer.. but the Deep Water Blue that Chrysler is putting on some of the models is probably the nicest blue I've ever seen. It seems to be a metallic, shade darker than royal, blue.

The first I saw was on last year's Wrangler, to later find out that it's also being used on the Patriot, Caliber, and yes.. the Challenger.

Great color!
It is metallic, kinda:

Name:  HPIM0064.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  107.3 KB
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #49
Scrappy Doo

i am a huge fan of the stryker blue from the g8's:

Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #50
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
WRONG.

White is the presence of ALL COLORS.

Black is the absence of ALL COLORS.

30 YEARS in the Printing Industry.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #51
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Dude you can rationalize it however you want. The bottom line is it didn't sell.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #52
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
WRONG.

White is the presence of ALL COLORS.

Black is the absence of ALL COLORS.

30 YEARS in the Printing Industry.
Actually what we see as color are the frequencies of radiant energy rejected or reflected back to us by an object. For print work, "white" is rejecting all frequencies so radiant light which has all frequencies or "colors" in it bounces back to our eyes and we see white. Black absorbs all frequencies and very little to none is rejected so almost nothing is reflected back to our eyes. A red object is rejecting those frequencies which are being reflected instead of absorbed so we see only those frequencies coming off that object and it appears red to us. None of them actually have any color at all. In the absence of radiant energy, everything is dark. Printing ink doesn't have any color either; just properties that can reflect different frequencies of radiant energy.

White objects absorb nothing; they reflect it all back. Black objects absorb everything; they reflect nothing back.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #53
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
i am a huge fan of the stryker blue from the g8's:

WIN!
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #54
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Dude you can rationalize it however you want. The bottom line is it didn't sell.
This is the truth.

I don't have the current numbers, but both blues put together don't sell that well. I whole heartedly agree there should be a blue option, though 1 is probably enough.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #55
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Most people that are judging ABM and IBM have never even seen one in real life. Pictures on a computer screen from a digital camera are never going to be the same as your eye. Very few people have calibrated the color of their monitor properly and fewer people yet have a calibrated camera.

That being said, dozens of people have approached me and told me they had no idea that IBM looked this good.

Many "regular" people (not Camaro folks) have said how beautiful the color is.

This is the EXACT response I've gotten from other people regarding my IBM SS.

I'm looking at it out my office window right now, and I wouldn't trade this color for any other. It's totally different in person.

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #56
Berean

Drives: Truck
I have an IBM (actually midnight blue) GMC truck. Many people have went out of their way to compliment the color.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote