Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #71
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
I will be right back, I am gonna go ask the 4 police officers(5 on duty, 1 of wich is volunteer) that have been "chillin out" at the gas station down the street for the last 2 hours about this. They are there EVERY DAY serving each other coffee and protecting the candy isle. I know wich gas station not to steal gas from though...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #72
kopacko
333RWHP / 12.2sec @ 1320'

Drives: 2004 Competition Orange Mach1
Send a message via MSN to kopacko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
I DO NOT agree with this statement at all! If nobody was out there patrolling the highways do you know how many more accidents/injuries and DEATHS there would be on roadways due to more people speeding and driving dangerously knowing that there is nobody out there to stop them? That comment is probably one of the most insulting things that has been said in this thread.
x2
Old 05-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #73
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
Boy, is it getting hot around here!

I gotta go back to work.

I agree 100% with "lousy cop", well stated!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #74
zzz28zzz

Drives: 2010 Chev Camaro 2SS/RS VR -
I really don't know how to respond.

So I guess I shouldn't.

My post would probably get me kicked off of Camaro5
if I did.

Some people.....I swear.

Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #75
Thwick

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
I didnt know it was illegal for a cop to pull you over randomly in the U.S.

Up here, cops can pull you over as a random traffic stop if they want. Just to check and see if you have a valid license/ownership/insurance, etc. I dont think they do it all that often, but they can.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #76
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Yes, it is a BIG deal. Police aren't paid to do whatever the hell they want because they have a badge. It's bullshit that I would have to put on a smiling face because a cop illegally pulled me over to goof off on the job.

Cops are people too, I agree. But on the job they're cops, when I'm at work I'm not allowed to leave work to go look at cars. Neither should they, and when they pull people over for no reason they're wasting our time, wasting taxpayer's money, and abusing their power.

It's your job! It's like Chris Rock's skit about people who want to celebrate that they take care of their kids and pay their bills. Do you want a cookie? That's what you're supposed to do!

If every policeman has this attitude of "Well I can abuse my power every now and then because I do my job" then that's sad.

LOL, Stout, you have some issues man...

=bobby
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #77
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
I will be right back, I am gonna go ask the 4 police officers(5 on duty, 1 of wich is volunteer) that have been "chillin out" at the gas station down the street for the last 2 hours about this. They are there EVERY DAY serving each other coffee and protecting the candy isle. I know wich gas station not to steal gas from though...
Sure and take your computer too to show them your comments, let us know their answer, ok?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #78
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
So because of 4-5 officers, you feel the need to demean and generalize all other officers as power hungry and not doing their job?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #79
kopacko
333RWHP / 12.2sec @ 1320'

Drives: 2004 Competition Orange Mach1
Send a message via MSN to kopacko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwick View Post
I didnt know it was illegal for a cop to pull you over randomly in the U.S.

Up here, cops can pull you over as a random traffic stop if they want. Just to check and see if you have a valid license/ownership/insurance, etc. I dont think they do it all that often, but they can.
Thwick: I cannot speak for the 50 states, but in Tennessee, random traffic stops are legal.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #80
kozmo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
When I was 17 I was pulled over in my brand new 1979 z28. He took me back to his cruiser and showed me the radar 97mph. He wrote the ticket and told me that they are watching for this type of car. I appreciated the advise and will always respect the job that they do. If they want to look at my car welcome just dont make me late for work. Ordered VR 1ss 15 oct still waiting. The dealership told me today that they have taken a team of qc people outside to inspect cars in lot. Also they took 200 to Pontiac for inspection. Hopefully we will see some action soon
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #81
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I've suffered through 2nd-hand unneeded teargas and listened to 2 of my good friends describe being shot with riot control bean bag guns for the terrible crime of watching a cop from across the street. And I STILL say, make friends with the friggin' traffic cop already.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #82
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopacko View Post
wullger: Dont stress on it, a simple traffic stop with him has the potential for so much more.
I know, just really burns me up when people have this attitude. People drive around with those yellow "Support our Troops" ribbons all the time, but I've yet to see anyone ride around with one that says "Thank you, Police/Fire/EMS guys!" You saw some of that right after 9/11, but that's about gone by the wayside now.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #83
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Talking

Quote:
Being a police officer used to be a noble profesion, but now, it is mainly a bunch of power hungry people that want to be able to get away with stuff that they wouldnt normally be able to.

As for the ones saying that all your cop buddies would be on the lookout and pull over the ones that complained when you pulled them over for no reason, that just proves that cops are only out to "serve and protect" each other and be pricks. Like another person said, if you want to see a car up close, pay the money and go to a car show or go to a dealer(on your time off).

The story from the lousy cop, well if you dont want people to "bug" you while your having a cup of coffee then dont sign up to be a PUBLIC SERVANT. Last time I checked, street cops didnt clock in and out for lunch or breaks.

Would a cop like it if you flagged them down just to talk to them? Probably 8 out of 10 times when a cop pulles a person over they are a prick or a smart @$$ even if the person is being nice. Just because alot of cops are car guys, dont mean that they are nice. Cops should lead by example and not be on a power trip all the time and think they are above the law.

Highway Patrolmen are just a waste of money. They really serve no pourpose other then to make the state more money.

That is the MOST STUPID thing I have ever read in my life. Did you even pass the second grade? It sounds to me you just got out of prison and you are going on forums like these and picking a fight with every police officer you can find. And by the way jacka** the cop you decide to pick a fight with will probably know a little something about computers, he will find you, and he will make you eat the computer you just typed this rant on. This is not a threat. So Moderators please do not ban me. I like and respect this forum just like "almost" every person on it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #84
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
this thread got high jacked by cops - someone call a cop

The problem is these days we don't have enough of the men in blue. Not just anyone can be one...
: : : : : :

Closed Thread