Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #113
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
I know I'm not the only one that loved the Titanic song and she looked hot back when that came out. Do you have an updated photo of the little minx?
I was about to google for some updated pics, but then i realized i just ate lunch... probably not a good idea
tededfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #114
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
After reading the past 5 pages, 111 posts, The only statement I can think of that probably wont be debated,or deleted is....... I love GM, goverment or not, And I love the Camaro!!!! And thats all I got to say about that.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #115
stage3

Drives: 68 Camaro Coupe, 2000 SS
UAW has publicly announced that it will sell the stock they receive ASAP!!!
stage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #116
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
I think it is safe to say that the UAW health trust wanted cash and not stock in the big 3. Whoever is running the trust will diversify it as soon as possible because right now the trust fund is exposed to an extreme amount of risk. I would like to think that a lesson was learned with the Enron collapse.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #117
dkb

Drives: '94 RX7
who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
I think it is safe to say that the UAW health trust wanted cash and not stock in the big 3. Whoever is running the trust will diversify it as soon as possible because right now the trust fund is exposed to an extreme amount of risk. I would like to think that a lesson was learned with the Enron collapse.
who are they going to sell it to?

or put better ...

who would buy it from them?
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #118
Roadhell

Drives: Boss Hoss/ 2010 Camaro
still producing Yea,,, the problem is the government is haveing a hand in GM, and they need to stomp out UAW or they'll be right back in the same mess....

SS, imperial,silver rally, RS, Sound system ordered 10/08
Roadhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #119
cashvillecop

Drives: 66' chevelle SS
I was planning to buy one next spring. Now I afraid that they will not building them much longer. This is the kind of car that GM should make, because people want it. The administration is going to force the volt and other crap like that on us. Might have to go with Ford or whoever has a better future.
cashvillecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #120
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
I hope GM gets their act together and soon. The last thing we need is a Volt Z/28!
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #121
Cazca

Drives: '07 Dodge Charger
I don't know guys. I get so frustrated reading this thread, reading the paper, watching the news. Our country is going in the wrong direction and being lead by the wrong people.

I hope GM comes out of this and makes a Z28 that eats the GT500 for lunch, but I just really don't see it happening.
Cazca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #122
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Yes. However, the old Kmart isnt around anymore. They arent a company by themselves. Do you think that Kmart will ever unmerge from Sears?
GM had to merge with the government to survive. How will it unmerge from the government?
Maybe GM should merge with Sears/Kmart? Then you could you could buy Craftsman tools, your new Camaro and fresh underwear all in the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
When though? I know Im being a stickler but the government doesnt have to sell any bit of what it owns of GM. Why would they sell it if they are making tons of cash of them? Again, how does the government govern itself on this issue?

Im not disagreeing just trying to figure this out. Its the first of its kind and hopefully the last.
Has anyone seen the whole Bankruptcy? What's to say there isn't a provision that forces the government out at some point? As others have said, government doesn't want to be in the car business, nor should they be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot View Post
Our Z06 gets 30mpg on the highway. Those little S**t cars get around 35 and are a lot less safe, and I wouldn't want to have to drive one of them on Michigan roads. I don't see what the big deal is with the mileage. I heard that the exhause coming out of the American cars in L.A. is cleaner than it is going in.
Seems like too much control for a free world presidency if they are going to tell us what we HAVE to drive. Looks like we're doing ok without someone dictating every little thing. Guidelines are good, just not forced life changes.
You must be inhaleing exhaust fumes, that is impossible. Way too much CO2 in exhaust and not enough O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
GM was a mess. A lot of bad bad bad decisions. Now they have come home to roost. This Bankruptcy is basically going to clean house, and try to GM back on its feet. Even more than ford, GM represent what American industry stands for.

The US will not let GM fail They will come out better in the end. Will they still make SS or Vettes ? That remains to be seen.
Would be nice to believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
who are they going to sell it to?

or put better ...

who would buy it from them?
If I had the extra money, I think I could gamble on new GM stock right now unless I missed something on the news. I spent the day with my granddaughter so not in tune to the actual events of the day.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #123
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
I HAVE BEEN A G.M. MAN ALL MY LIFE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE SO,IF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE AND WILL, STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE, BUT MOST EVERYONE LISTENS TO THE NEWS AND PEOPLE START GRASPING THE DOLLOR AND IN THE LONG RUN IT HURTS EVERYONE,...ALL THESE FOLKS THAT DONT WANT THE GOV. TO BAIL OUT G.M. AND CHRYSLER AND KEEP BUYING FORIEGN VEHICLES NEED TO WAKE UP AND LOOK DOWN THE ROAD AND REALIZE THAT IF G.M. DOES'NT MAKE IT(WHICH WAS AND MAY STILL BE) THE BIGGEST EMPLOYER IN THE STATES AND MAYBE THE WORLD,EVERYTHING TRICKLES DOWN HILL,SUPPLIERS WILL LOOSE JOBS,COMPANY'S SUPPLYING SUPPLIERS WILL LOOSE JOBS AND IT KEEPS GOING,WHAT ARE OUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS GONNA HAVE WHEN THEY REACH EMPLOYMENT AGES??????...KEEP BUYING THOSE JAPANESE MADE CARS AND TRUCKS AND WE WILL BE OWNED BY THE JAPS!...THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND BUY AMERICAN WHENEVER POSSIBLE,RIGHT NOW YOU CAN'T GO TO WAL-MART OR MANY OTHER PLACES AND BUY MUCH OF ANYTHING THAT IS MADE IN THE GOOD OLE USA AND THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!!...I HAD A CUSTOMER A FEW MONTHS BACK THAT BOUGHT TIRES FROM ME AND HE SAID IF THEY DID NOT SAY MADE IN THE USA, HE DID NOT WANT THEM,WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THAT KINDA ATTITUDE AND QUIT SENDING JOBS TO MEXICO AND TAIWAN AND PLACES LIKE THAT!!!...NOW THAT I HAVE OCCUPIED YOU LONG ENOUGH,HOPEFULLY THIS DOES'NT OFFEND ANYONE AMERICAN BUT IF IT DOES THEN MAYBE YOU NEED TO MOVE,
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #124
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
I HAD A CUSTOMER A FEW MONTHS BACK THAT BOUGHT TIRES FROM ME AND HE SAID IF THEY DID NOT SAY MADE IN THE USA, HE DID NOT WANT THEM,WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THAT KINDA ATTITUDE AND QUIT SENDING JOBS TO MEXICO AND TAIWAN AND PLACES LIKE THAT!!!...NOW THAT I HAVE OCCUPIED YOU LONG ENOUGH,HOPEFULLY THIS DOES'NT OFFEND ANYONE AMERICAN BUT IF IT DOES THEN MAYBE YOU NEED TO MOVE,

We tried to do that and you know what we got? Shit. That's right, American manufacturers (of all stripes) took advantage of that patriotism and felt that they did not need to be competitive. Meanwhile, countries like Korea were striving for perfection and winning market share.

I have no interest in ever buying a Hyundai, but go look at the new Sonata and more specifically the gaps in the body lines. It's shockingly good and better than ANY GM car on the market. I am a GM fan but I'm a realist as well - American companies must be competitive if they expect to gain market share again. Relying on Patriotism is old school and doesn't work.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #125
elvism

Drives: 08 BMW X5, 05 MUSTANG GT
wonder if the resell value would be in the tiolet

with all this b.s from GOVERMENT MOTORS?
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #126
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
I HAVE BEEN A G.M. MAN ALL MY LIFE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE SO,IF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE AND WILL, STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE, BUT MOST EVERYONE LISTENS TO THE NEWS AND PEOPLE START GRASPING THE DOLLOR AND IN THE LONG RUN IT HURTS EVERYONE,...ALL THESE FOLKS THAT DONT WANT THE GOV. TO BAIL OUT G.M. AND CHRYSLER AND KEEP BUYING FORIEGN VEHICLES NEED TO WAKE UP AND LOOK DOWN THE ROAD AND REALIZE THAT IF G.M. DOES'NT MAKE IT(WHICH WAS AND MAY STILL BE) THE BIGGEST EMPLOYER IN THE STATES AND MAYBE THE WORLD,EVERYTHING TRICKLES DOWN HILL,SUPPLIERS WILL LOOSE JOBS,COMPANY'S SUPPLYING SUPPLIERS WILL LOOSE JOBS AND IT KEEPS GOING,WHAT ARE OUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS GONNA HAVE WHEN THEY REACH EMPLOYMENT AGES??????...KEEP BUYING THOSE JAPANESE MADE CARS AND TRUCKS AND WE WILL BE OWNED BY THE JAPS!...THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND BUY AMERICAN WHENEVER POSSIBLE,RIGHT NOW YOU CAN'T GO TO WAL-MART OR MANY OTHER PLACES AND BUY MUCH OF ANYTHING THAT IS MADE IN THE GOOD OLE USA AND THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!!...I HAD A CUSTOMER A FEW MONTHS BACK THAT BOUGHT TIRES FROM ME AND HE SAID IF THEY DID NOT SAY MADE IN THE USA, HE DID NOT WANT THEM,WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THAT KINDA ATTITUDE AND QUIT SENDING JOBS TO MEXICO AND TAIWAN AND PLACES LIKE THAT!!!...NOW THAT I HAVE OCCUPIED YOU LONG ENOUGH,HOPEFULLY THIS DOES'NT OFFEND ANYONE AMERICAN BUT IF IT DOES THEN MAYBE YOU NEED TO MOVE,
Some GM's are made in canada. so is it okay to send jobs to canada but not mexico?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote