Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #127
Vintage

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I emailed this afternoon and called, leaving a message, requesting a loaner - I have never been offered one. Updates to follow and I will call my senior advisor at Chevy now.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #128
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
The SS 1LE engine is the exact same spec LT1 as every SS since they came out in late '15. So they have been in thousands upon thousands of Camaro SS's. I can only recall reading about one engine failure on here since. This was most likely just a bad apple, it happens. My '03 Cobra engine took a sh*t at 200 miles...they put a new engine in it (and gave me a sizable kickback due to diminished value), and I put about 50,000 miles of extra boost on it with no real issues...
I'm sure it's not a question of the LT1..since like you said an LT1 is a LT1 is a LT1...

The question is if GM's going to shit backwards on the "If it blows up on a track you're covered" promise.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #129
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
I emailed this afternoon and called, leaving a message, requesting a loaner - I have never been offered one. Updates to follow and I will call my senior advisor at Chevy now.
It unfortunately sounds like you have a crap dealer...which is critical. My dealer thankfully is fantastic. I have my salesman's cell, my service advisors cell, they always get me what I need, no questions asked...unfortunately you may need to find another dealer if it's not too late.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #130
Iano

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
It unfortunately sounds like you have a crap dealer...which is critical. My dealer thankfully is fantastic. I have my salesman's cell, my service advisors cell, they always get me what I need, no questions asked...unfortunately you may need to find another dealer if it's not too late.
I've used the dealer Vintage took his car to for almost 10 years now and had the same service advisor the majority of that time. They are one of the primary reasons I continue to purchase GM vehicles. It's disappointing to hear they haven't responded as quickly as one would hope, or offer a loaner (which they will, not sure why that slipped through the cracks), but I would stick it out with them because the service there is quality. I've never had to come back after a repair, I don't ever worry about them scratching the paint or abusing the vehicle on joyrides, etc. Solid service department and many of the advisors and techs there are true enthusiasts.
Iano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #131
cignul9

Drives: 50th 2SS MRC A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iano View Post
I've used the dealer Vintage took his car to for almost 10 years now and had the same service advisor the majority of that time. They are one of the primary reasons I continue to purchase GM vehicles. It's disappointing to hear they haven't responded as quickly as one would hope, or offer a loaner (which they will, not sure why that slipped through the cracks), but I would stick it out with them because the service there is quality. I've never had to come back after a repair, I don't ever worry about them scratching the paint or abusing the vehicle on joyrides, etc. Solid service department and many of the advisors and techs there are true enthusiasts.
I bought my 50th from that same dealership. Haven't been there for service yet, but I'm watching closely to see how they perform.
50th 2SS, MRC, NPP, 8A, #991
Join the Club F1FTY Registry!
Add yourself to the registry here.
Read the registry here.
cignul9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #132
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iano View Post
Well this is potentially good news for the OP.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #133
Vintage

Picked up my Camaro RS loaner this morning. My Service Advisor swore in person that the engine would be torn down this week to diagnose the failure. That being said, they have not started yet. With the hope that this ends well with a warranted engine, I will be patient.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #134
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Picked up my Camaro RS loaner this morning. My Service Advisor swore in person that the engine would be torn down this week to diagnose the failure. That being said, they have not started yet. With the hope that this ends well with a warranted engine, I will be patient.
Good luck to you brother!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #135
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Glad to hear you received a loaner, and hope the tear down and replace/repair happen in a timely manner.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #136
Vintage

Thank you all on the good wishes! I will report back on Friday.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #137
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Just adding a photo of my performance supplement manual, not sure if it's different than other peoples', but this is the section about oil -

AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:14 PM   #138
Vintage

Same as mine, read and taken to dealer with first service before track day, discussed with service advisor; recommended oil used as commemorated on my service receipt/record. I could not have done more other than not taken my 1LE to the track . . . .
Old 03-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #139
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Same as mine, read and taken to dealer with first service before track day, discussed with service advisor; recommended oil used as commemorated on my service receipt/record. I could not have done more other than not taken my 1LE to the track . . . .
Hi Vintage,

This thread was brought to our attention by another forum member and we wanted to reach out to you. We regret to learn of your engine concern and can imagine how disconcerting this must be; especially with a newer vehicle. We are however glad your dealer was able to provide you with a loaner and is addressing this matter. If we can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a message.

Kindly,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #140
Vintage

Erica,

Thank you for reaching out - it is truly appreciated. I love my SS 1LE. In short, I was told that the engine would be torn down no later than tomorrow to determine what failed. I am hopeful I will have a new engine soon so I can DD and head back to the track. It is one great car.

If I do not have a positive result tomorrow, I will PM you. Thanks again - James R.