Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #155
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Ha, now's my chance! My wife stepped out to go to the movies with the girls so I have the perfect opportunity to get started with some of these winter mods! I had high hopes in December of getting started early till I injured my neck! I spent my holiday vacation recouperating and certainly couldn't be crawling under the car or hood to start ripping things off. I'm finally on the mend but light duty!

So, here's all the parts I have with the exception of the Hines Hex vents which are on their way and Oracle led sidemarkers that I'll order this weekend! Let's see, there's my Vmax TB which I had RX powdercoat RJT, updated Vararam with tune only section, new black coupler with T-clamps, rear toe rods, differential bushings, 3.91 gears, upper control arm bushings, and steering rack bushing! I better get going on this, only 8 more weeks of winter left!
Thank god!

Sorry to hear about your neck hope you get better soon. New Vararam? So is this your like 10th air intake lol? The tb looks great and can't wait to see how the vents look .
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #156
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Only the back half of the Vararam is changed to the tune version. Front half is the same one. I got the tune section for free from a friend so I figured I'll give it a try! I'm planning on doing a dyno tune in the spring so they can adjust for the tune version!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #157
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Well I tried crawling under the rear end to see what's involved in doing some of the suspension work but it looks like it's involved and my neck isn't up to it! :( So, the only low hanging fruit I can get to is a couple paint mods I've been thinking about! Easy pickins!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #158
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I finished painting the dip stick and + terminal cover. I just have to touch up the + and install back on the car tomorrow!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #159
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I also got around to installing the Powdercoated throttle body, Vararam, and new coupler! The coupler I bought at AutoZone and I had to drill a 3/8" hole in it for the vacuum hose fitting. I replaced my old band clamps with T-clamps which give it a cleaner look and won't distort my Vararam opening like the other ones did!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #160
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I couldn't stand the looks of the bare throttle body bolts so I got out my RJT touch up paint today and painted them! Also, in the pic you can see the final paint job on the oil dip stick handle and + teminal cover! Compare this pic to the last one in the last post!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #161
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
I couldn't stand the looks of the bare throttle body bolts so I got out my RJT touch up paint today and painted them! Also, in the pic you can see the final paint job on the oil dip stick handle and + teminal cover! Compare this pic to the last one in the last post!
The bolts look much better! I plan on doing that with mine once I reinstally my tb on my intake manifold, although i plan on doing black ones but it def looks better, also very unique thing to do to the + battery terminal looks nice!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #162
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
The bolts look much better! I plan on doing that with mine once I reinstally my tb on my intake manifold, although i plan on doing black ones but it def looks better, also very unique thing to do to the + battery terminal looks nice!
Yea, those bolts stuck out like a sore thumb being unpainted! The positive terminal cover bothered me too because the red color didn't match anything under the hood! Painting it black helps it blend in with the mount and I painted the + RJT. I had left over RJT spray paint from doing the interior trim stuff so I decided to paint the oil dip stick handle with it! Saved me a boatload of money! Those aftermarket painted dipsticks are crazy expensive!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #163
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Yea, those bolts stuck out like a sore thumb being unpainted! The positive terminal cover bothered me too because the red color didn't match anything under the hood! Painting it black helps it blend in with the mount and I painted the + RJT. I had left over RJT spray paint from doing the interior trim stuff so I decided to paint the oil dip stick handle with it! Saved me a boatload of money! Those aftermarket painted dipsticks are crazy expensive!
Lol just like everything else haha!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #164
Klevston

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
hello

Quote:
I finally got the wheels on the Camaro! I had a local pinstriper add the RJT stripes. The pics aren't the greatest so I'll do a better photo shoot when I get a chance. Till then here they are!

I lowered the coilovers by 1 1/4" front and 1" rear from stock for a slightly raked look. I really like the lowered look with the wheels and front splitter!
can i know what offset you have here mike?thanks
Klevston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #165
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klevston View Post
can i know what offset you have here mike?thanks
I have no clue! I got them from Nine Ball and he doesn't publish the offsets.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #166
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
love the rims, splitter, and the grille obviously. Did you just lightly tint your fogs? Looks so good
Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #167
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
love the rims, splitter, and the grille obviously. Did you just lightly tint your fogs? Looks so good
Thanks! I checked out you build thread and I'm loving the custom paint stuff! CRT is my second fav color! The fogs have gunsmoke tint like the turns and tails but look lighter because of the clear lense.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #168
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
What did you use to paint your dipstick?
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote