Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
SS, ZL1 or Stingray?

So, as of right now I have a 2014 2LS that I got some months ago. I'm got the means financially to upgrade to either one of the cars listed in the title but I'm torn.

This car WILL be my daily driver, so I need some opinions on what to go with. I was going to wait until the 16's come out to see the SS and ZL1 and see if I want to upgrade to one of those, I haven't done much research on the Stingray but I LOVE the look, I love the car. One downside, I don't know how to drive stick, don't make fun of me xD

Anyways, what would you guys go with? It'll be a daily driver and I'm 19, single with no kids, lol. All opinions and suggestions I would love to hear, I'm just torn.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
So, as of right now I have a 2014 2LS that I got some months ago. I'm got the means financially to upgrade to either one of the cars listed in the title but I'm torn.

This car WILL be my daily driver, so I need some opinions on what to go with. I was going to wait until the 16's come out to see the SS and ZL1 and see if I want to upgrade to one of those, I haven't done much research on the Stingray but I LOVE the look, I love the car. One downside, I don't know how to drive stick, don't make fun of me xD

Anyways, what would you guys go with? It'll be a daily driver and I'm 19, single with no kids, lol. All opinions and suggestions I would love to hear, I'm just torn.
Way too young for a Stingray....Get a ZL1 and make some noise!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
i rode in a vette the other day and a few weeks prior i had driven an SS which was fast. I knew the vette was going to be faster than the camaro but i never expected it to be THAT FAST. Holy shit that thing blew my mind. I mean i have driven a v10 r8 in the past and i honestly think this vette is faster. just a wanted to give you my experience. (the vette was a non-z51)
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Old 10-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Quote:

You do realize that you can get any of these cars in an auto...
Old 10-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
BFella

Quote:
That's the thing, I am very young to even have to ability to own one of these cars but I'm in a good situation due to my parents, not due to me haha. I love the look of the ZL1, the thing is can you see that car being a daily driver? And do I wait for the 16's or go get a 15 ZL1.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
BFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
You do realize that you can get any of these cars in an auto...
Yes I realize this, I've just been told they're all better with stick :P
Old 10-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Quote:
Yes I realize this, I've just been told they're all better with stick :P
Guess you haven't driven the 8 speed auto...
Old 10-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
Guess you haven't driven the 8 speed auto...
i read that its gonna be sick
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Keep your car and buy some real-estate.

Your young...it will turn into a much larger sum of money down the road.

Unless you have millions then just ignore what I said. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:

Is this a real question? Get a Stingray.

Quote:
Lolwut.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Get the Z nice all around ride with a few mods you can run with the Vette and a back seat for the chickie's lol.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #13
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Stingray, no question if it was me.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #14
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
OP . unless u are a self made millionaire, keep what you got and be happy and spend the money on YOU, a college education, trade school, and get a house. you are 19 for crying out loud. what will you want when you are 25? A 200K priced sports car? you are young and have a life ahead of you. spending big bucks at your age for a ZL1 or stingray just seems silly. get your life, education, house in order first. just my opinion. you want what us "older" guys have been working so hard to get for years you want it now. you are lucky to just have a new camaro. be happy and satisfied and invest in YOU! good luck.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote