Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-15-2020, 08:37 PM   #71
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I can understand discipline lol .. I bought. 2015 last weekend with only 18k miles only got to drive it home to put it to bed ,couldn’t even activate boost !! Nothing sucks more than walking by it everyday ..
Now your really going to have fun when it warms up,or does it ever warm up there? If and when it does how many months a year is it warm enough to enjoy your car?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #72
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Now your really going to have fun when it warms up,or does it ever warm up there? If and when it does how many months a year is it warm enough to enjoy your car?
Haha yeah I’m on the threshold of time wise if I tear into the motor I won’t have it done in time to be able to enjoy the whole summer ..

On average we can get 6month if solid driving in before snow hits but lately we’ve been having weird weather changes where our winters seem to be getting shorter .
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:38 AM   #73
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Bought it new in 2014. 100K mile club
Old 01-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #74
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post
Bought it new in 2014. 100K mile club

I am amazed that some are putting the miles on these cars. Glad to see it.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #75
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Another old guy here.. when I retire I'm moving to AZ and then I can drive it year round anytime I want. The roads there are great and there is a scenic highway between Flagstaff and Sedona the locals call "the switchbacks" that is one of my favorite driving roads besides Pacific Coast Highway in CA which is well within long cruise driving distance from AZ. I'm going to visit AZ next month and rent a 6th Gen SS again.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:44 AM   #76
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Another old guy here.. when I retire I'm moving to AZ and then I can drive it year round anytime I want. The roads there are great and there is a scenic highway between Flagstaff and Sedona the locals call "the switchbacks" that is one of my favorite driving roads besides Pacific Coast Highway in CA which is well within long cruise driving distance from AZ. I'm going to visit AZ next month and rent a 6th Gen SS again.
I've ridden many a mile on two wheels there. Slide Rock is a great place to take a break. You should do Oatman Road between Kingman and Golden Valley. One of the few remaining sections of the original Route 66. 13 miles of very tight turns then about 30 more miles of opportunity to open her up with sweepers. Very lightly traveled during the week, few residences and no cops. It more primitive with less room for error though. Quite thrilling if you like the risk factor. The sixth turn after the copper mine is always slippery for a few days after a rain storm.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #77
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Bought mine a year and a half ago with 5500 bone stock. Now has 14000 on it and somewhere north of 700whp. :P
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #78
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Bought my CRT 6 speed new. Just turned 3,000 mi the last time i drove it this fall
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #79
Cruzn96

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 07 TBSS, 96 Impala SS
Bought it late 2016 with 4500 miles. Now it has 6900.
Will definitely spend more time with it this year...
Cruzn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #80
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
Bought my CRT 6 speed new. Just turned 3,000 mi the last time i drove it this fall

Your wearin that car out! My lord drive it!
Old 01-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #81
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn96 View Post
Bought it late 2016 with 4500 miles. Now it has 6900.
Will definitely spend more time with it this year...

You guys are killin me! Don't let these cars be garage queens!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:50 PM   #82
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Don’t fret, everybody has their own thing, and it doesn’t have to match your thing. For example the rare time’s my car comes out of the garage it’s unleashing a terror of whoopass for the short time it’s out. Probably not like you will ever drive your car. So don’t measure fun based on usage.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:06 AM   #83
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Don’t fret, everybody has their own thing, and it doesn’t have to match your thing. For example the rare time’s my car comes out of the garage it’s unleashing a terror of whoopass for the short time it’s out. Probably not like you will ever drive your car. So don’t measure fun based on usage.
ZME, yours is one of the most insightful comments that I've read, not just on this specific thread, but over the many years that I've been a member of Camaro 5.
I do not care to have anyone tell me how to enjoy my ZL1. It's mine. I bought and paid for it, and I will enjoy it in the manner that makes me happy.

There was a thread here several years ago that dealt with a very similar question, although I can't remember when.
I responded to it the, and I will do the same now.

I don't think that it matters, but I have yet to update my avitar (I hope that that description of me at the outset is the proper term). I'm a Canadian now living in Indiana.

I bought my 2013 ZL1 new and picked it up from my local Toronto dealer in November of 2012. I had to order the same car three times from two different dealerships before I got what I wanted. There were only 361 of them sold in Canada that year, so even the largest GM dealerships had difficulty getting them. But, I had to have one. I was in love with it from that first day. It's ok, my now-wife here knows this...
I have driven it a total of 39 KM, or 24 Miles. Not thousands, true single digits. It is started regularly and cared for in the very best manner. Climate controlled storage, covered, and many other precautions taken.
I get such personal satisfaction from seeing my car, looking at all of it, enjoying it for what it is and how it looks. Driving it is a great experience, for the very limited time that I have, but I take great satisfaction and pride in ownership in and of itself.

Yes, with no such original intention, she has become a garage queen. That has made me happy.
The Camaro is what brings all of us on C5 together. How we each enjoy our own Camaros, should not be judged in any manner by any one of us. We all are happy with our decisions.

Jim
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #84
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
I hear you. My situation is a bit different. My ZL cannot be used as a daily driver for several reasons. One, the commute and parking situations are rough. Two; The car is garaged away from my residence, so retrieving it would be loads of fun on a daily basis. Three: The car requires constant supervision. Technically I could drive it, of course. However, to maintain the car at the standard that I require forces the car to be heavily supervised. My Malibu can get away with being daily driven (I have to be careful with it as well), but my detailed ZL1 would not have a moment's peace out there in the wild. I've seen well driven ZL1s with dirt, dents, scratches all over the f*(kin place, and that's simply not the way to own a car that's at the caliber of a ZL1.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote