Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
Smitty CC
Banned

Drives: none
Does this happen to you?

You

Last edited by Smitty CC; 02-10-2021 at 11:28 PM.
Smitty CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:21 AM   #2
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I've logged many a mile on fast bikes. Never wanted to compete with cars. It's a whole different world. An aggressive rider might see the car as competition for advancement through traffic though.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm constantly worried about drivers not seeing me when I'm on the bike. I can't imagine bobbing and weaving on a bike.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Darwin Candidates!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #5
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Yep - Happens all of the time to me here in Florida......MORON's!!!
Old 02-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #6
RyangAsh

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Rode for many years, splitting cars to get to a more wide open space is safer IMO. I have always believed in offensive, confident riding being safer than defensive. Of course this is just my view. Never once been in a wreck off the track...on the track, different story lol.
RyangAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #7
RyangAsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty CC View Post
No this is different than splitting cars this is shooting the gap as it closes and it is apparently thrilling for them and just ticks me off. I have rode bikes for decades ….this really is different... I don't know you but you don't sound stupid so think about what that could mean if I were unaware of this unsafe lane change and decided to go a bit faster at that moment.... 0-60 in 3.5... I can close that gap very fast and good bye Big brave motorcycle rider!
I must have misunderstood. There is plenty of straight stupidity around. Especially in states like ours that have limited riding months. I grew up racing motocross, so my mindset on a bike might be slightly different than most. Generally looking for the softest bail zone. The matter of the fact is most people didn't grow up on bikes and really need to learn how to ride and crash well before getting on one. This just isn't the case though. The crash well statement might sound odd or off to some, but trust me if you ride long enough, it will happen.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:06 AM   #8
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyangAsh View Post
Generally looking for the softest bail zone.
"Ride like you're invisible but they're all trying to kill you" has afforded me several near misses.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
Astatenate

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I owned a r6, zx6r and fully built R1 last. I stopped riding. I live in Arkansas and there’s so many fatalities due to negligent drivers around here. I legit (and I’m not lying) had people come over on me, cut me off, throw shit, road rage. And more. Every. Single. Time. I rode.

When I lane split (rode in the center) or filtered (low speed splitting) at the lights. I never had any issues. I know California is currently the only state it’s actually legal. So bikers don’t overheat in traffic. I don’t condone it. Nor do I disagree with it. I’ve done it. I’ve not done it. Regardless I’ve had friends killed who were just cruising and got hit. And I’ve had friends up on 1 wheels who went down. Lesson is cagers don’t pay attention.

As far as you having a ZL1. They prob just see you as competition and wanna see if you’ll get on it.
Astatenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #10
RyangAsh

To answer the OG question, no, it doesn't happen to me. If it does, I go on about my day because there are things I cannot change. Cheers.