Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Brembo Gold

Hey Guys,

I recently put new gloss black MRR 228 wheels on my SS. I want to paint my calipers to look like the "gold" brembos. They are currently purple which I still like but its time for a change. I don't want to powder coat due to down time. I know the typical caliper paint brands like VHT, Duplicolor, G2 and all that but which is the closest to the official "Brembo Gold"?
Also, if anyone has done some in this color, pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
If you can find a paint code, I’d contact G2 with that number and they may be able to match it.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
A quick google search has taught me that apparently Honda Inca Pearl is a nearly perfect match.

Paint code: Y-61P

might want to verify this before buying but I did get a lot of hits when searching for “Brembo Gold Paint Code”
Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Silly question, but would STI calipers bolt on? They're already gold, and they're the same caliper and use the same pads, even.
EDIT: Removed, due to being junk. :(
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.

Last edited by shibbs; 06-10-2018 at 05:28 PM.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Near the end of that thread, the people who tried it say that it actually doesn’t match due to it drying to a different color and not being heat resistant.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
Near the end of that thread, the people who tried it say that it actually doesn’t match due to it drying to a different color and not being heat resistant.
Removed link. Whoops, didn't read far enough.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote