Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
High 14s is slow and it barely cracks 13s with a turbo kit. Those cars will cost an immense amount of money to get into the 12s. And don't get me wrong the camaro V6 is slow too (relatively) but it has way more on the table. Bolt ons will generally get it into 13s and we have a guy running low 12s with just a SC.

Both need FI but only one actually moves anywhere with it. As far as comfort, you can't compare the comfort of that little thing to a 3700+ pound car with larger back seats (still small), and much larger seats and leg room/head room. Like you said, its built off a sedan so it is much more comfortable.

I've sat in both and there isn't much a comparison in comfort. I barely fit in the BRZ whereas I feel great in the Camaro.

The BRZ is a great car, it is just horribly underpowered and over priced compared to the competition.
I 100% disagree with overpriced, just because it makes less power? And the Camaro V6 has been out for going on 4 years, 6 for the V6 as it started in 07 in the 08 CTS, the BRZ?FR-S has only been out for a few months, give them times and I EASILY see 10 and 11 cars on the horizon. The v6 Camaro runs 14s and many in the 15s, seems right in FR-S territory to me if we are being truly realistic. Honestly I would not be surprised if in less than a year we see stock ones in the mid 14s and bolt-on only cars at LEAST in the high 13s. Honestly, by your estimations the Best car would be the Genesis V6, starts around 26k and runs mid/mid/high 13s, handles at least as well, and most likely better, than the Camaro or Mustang V6, or heck, even the new Genesis Turbo is a 14.0 second car in the 1/4 or better.

As for room, i will give you that one as it is a smaller car, but I was utterly disapointed in the amount of interior room, especially headroom, the Camaro offers for it's size.. the Scion FR-S and BRZ on the other hand make the most of their available room. I just don't see the difference as immense..... Also please explain overpriced again? that they can get a low volume, sportscar specific chasis in a car out for 24k is actually nohing short of a mircale......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
Atlas
Would you kindly...
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Drives: Destitute
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Clovis CA
Posts: 748
I think the biggest misconception going on in this thread, is assuming Toyota/Subaru aimed the FR-S/BRZ towards the 1/4mile. The car is a tribute to the RWD sports cars that put Japanese automobiles on the map; AE86? Hello? If I were to own one, I'd leave it n/a and dial out some more response from this already peppy machine. It's built to corner, and do so with a sense of driver balance and control. They are oversteery from the factory, but wider and stickier Star Specs solve that problem without even touching the suspension or camber specs. You don't shop for a Camaro and compare it against the FR-S/BRZ, and vice versa, they're not built for the same market share. Visit the different forums and you'll see who the real owners of these cars are. You'll threads in comparable popularity; tire compound, camber settings and spring rates, to hot topics here like; LED lighting, Where do you park you Camaro, and does your Camaro see the rain!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post

... I was utterly disapointed in the amount of interior room, especially headroom, the Camaro offers for it's size.. the Scion FR-S and BRZ on the other hand make the most of their available room. I just don't see the difference as immense..... Also please explain overpriced again? that they can get a low volume, sportscar specific chasis in a car out for 24k is actually nohing short of a mircale......
If you ever get a chance to look at the roof liner of an FR-S, there are scalloped indentations to make extra room for drivers wearing helmets. Because Race Car.
__________________
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #31
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I 100% disagree with overpriced, just because it makes less power? And the Camaro V6 has been out for going on 4 years, 6 for the V6 as it started in 07 in the 08 CTS, the BRZ?FR-S has only been out for a few months, give them times and I EASILY see 10 and 11 cars on the horizon. The v6 Camaro runs 14s and many in the 15s, seems right in FR-S territory to me if we are being truly realistic. Honestly I would not be surprised if in less than a year we see stock ones in the mid 14s and bolt-on only cars at LEAST in the high 13s. Honestly, by your estimations the Best car would be the Genesis V6, starts around 26k and runs mid/mid/high 13s, handles at least as well, and most likely better, than the Camaro or Mustang V6, or heck, even the new Genesis Turbo is a 14.0 second car in the 1/4 or better.

As for room, i will give you that one as it is a smaller car, but I was utterly disapointed in the amount of interior room, especially headroom, the Camaro offers for it's size.. the Scion FR-S and BRZ on the other hand make the most of their available room. I just don't see the difference as immense..... Also please explain overpriced again? that they can get a low volume, sportscar specific chasis in a car out for 24k is actually nohing short of a mircale......
Stew you just love to argue over nonsense don't you?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Stew you just love to argue over nonsense don't you?
It does quell the boredom.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.