Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
P0300 caode and misfire

OK, Camaro5 I have an issue that I am having problems finding. I am getting a P0300 code and an associated misfire. I have read all the posts that I could find I done everything that other people have tried. Checked all the plugs, had one that I thought might have been cracked but that didn't fix it. checked for vacuum leaks with water and a spray bottle, cant find any leaks. Plug wires are brand new and in perfect shape. Cant find any burnt wires or any other reason for this issue. Any further suggestions?

Car has a front mount turbo and was just tuned at PCM, so the tune is good. The car had a bad plug wire when I gave it to them, they fixed that and changed all the other wires to go straight from the plug to each coil.

Last edited by partymn; 07-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
partymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
PremoDeluxe

Drives: 2012 Camero SS 45th anniversary
I had the same problem and checked all the plugs cause i read it might be that . After checking them all i brought it to chevy and they said it was such a small crack on a plug it was impossible to see by eye maybe just bring it to them and let them run a test on each cylinder and they can tell you if or which one is misfiring
PremoDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
partymn

Well after I read your comment yesterday I went and rechecked all the wires. Found one of the ones that was just installed that was burnt almost all the way thru down by the terminal. I guess that's what I get for not taking it all the way off to check it. Repaired that but didn't find any others that had obvious damage.

The engine light came back on during my drive to work this morning and it has the same P0300 code.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Does the car have an aftermarket cam in it? That will set-off misfire codes that need to be tone down and/or removed.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
partymn

No cam, just the turbo. It has a slight misfire that I can hear when I hold the throttle steady at any RPM. I have a feeling that it is something simple that I am overlooking.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
MAF sensor bad?

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
MAF sensor bad?
If MAF was bad you should see a Stabilitrak light also

What plugs are you running ? I'd check all plugs, and possibly replace.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
partymn

I get a Service Stabilitrack when I first start it up but that's the only time, it goes off pretty quick. The plugs are TR7's and they have less then 100 miles on them, I changed one already because of a possible crack.

I recently had a line lock kit, no association to this, installed and my boost gauge and AEM boost regulator installed. I checked for vacuum leaks but I couldn't find one. I currently don't have my catch can installed so the passenger and drivers side valve cover ports are filtered only. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I get a Service Stabilitrack when I first start it up but that's the only time, it goes off pretty quick. The plugs are TR7's and they have less then 100 miles on them, I changed one already because of a possible crack.

I recently had a line lock kit, no association to this, installed and my boost gauge and AEM boost regulator installed. I checked for vacuum leaks but I couldn't find one. I currently don't have my catch can installed so the passenger and drivers side valve cover ports are filtered only. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not?

That's fine you are just venting the valve cover ports... It would not be a bad idea to get a catch can inline between intake and valley cover with a PCV valve blocking the manifold from boosting the can. Then we usually run both valves out to open breather on a boost car. Closed catch cans/sealed systems on FI only lead to problems...

Which 7's are they.. Just to be sure, I'm thinking the BRE7's with non-projected tip ? (Stock # 3346), if so that's the ones we always use.

Do you have HPTuners or EFILive and can take a quick datalog too... That would also show misfire history too in cylinder X.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
partymn

Not sure on what TR7's are in it but I will try to find the box from the one I bought tomorrow. As far as the data log, no I don't have either one, I guess I should get one.

I know that the passenger side valve cover port is pulling a lot of air at idle, I don't know if that is normal or not.

I made a three port catch can from my dual port Elite can on Sunday by tapping a 3rd fitting into it. I am planning on running that, with check valves, until I can get an RX Monster can. That should solve that little issue.