Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
1 Long onE

Drives: White 1le 2SS RS NPP
Road Tires for 1le(non track)Atturo AZ850

So I have never tracked my camaro 1le. It is my daily driver and most of the fun I have is straight line getting on the highway. I don't plan on going to the track with this car(if i was, I would change brake fluid, brake ducts, and tires). I have always put on the standard tire size and brand(goodyear supercars 285/35/20) on my car and it works perfect. The ride is always stiff and grip is great in dry conditions.

Recently on youtube, 2 owners with the charger 392 scat packs have changed their goodyear tires and another owner changed his nitto nt555 G2 to the Atturo AZ850 tire in 275/40/20. both owners raved about it. they stated it hooked better than the nitto nt555 G2 and almost as good as goodyears.

So I looked up the tires and they come in 315/35/20. I bought these from eBay just to try for my rears. I know they are not meant for the track but since they are $150 shipped, I decided to try it.

I mounted them and I think they hook better than my goodyears 285/35/20(maybe the increased height and width). They do have a softer ride and I still have the goodyears on the front but the car is harder to break traction. I know the purists are going to bash me but I just want to let people know that these tires are cheap and work well for road use so far.

If the rears keep performing like this, I will probably try the 275/40/20 for the fronts also those tires cost about $110 each shipped.
1 Long onE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Pics?
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #3
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
They are better performing on the street because it's almost impossible to get the Goodyears properly hot on the street. The F1s are closer to an R-compound than any other "summer" tire I've ever had the pleasure to thrash. As such, they are absolutely abysmal when cold but can accurately be likened to threesome-sex once hot.

And I've got to ask this, but what's with the request for pics? Does anyone really give a rats ass what a tire looks like? Does anyone here say, "The most important aspect of a tire is how it looks. Screw the grip, or steering feedback, or sidewall stiffness ... I need to know what it looks like."? Anyone?
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #4
Lowbird

Drives: For sale
Pics make a lot of sense. If you dd the car. As the OP says he does. Are you really concerned with the benefits of the Goodyears over the more all weather alternatives?

Or are you worried about a good tire that fills out the rim? So you might have a guard against curbing a rim that's expensive as hell.

Lot's of different ways to go with these cars, and pics help all future buyers of products for them. Bottom line.
Lowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbird View Post
Pics make a lot of sense. If you dd the car. As the OP says he does. Are you really concerned with the benefits of the Goodyears over the more all weather alternatives?

Or are you worried about a good tire that fills out the rim? So you might have a guard against curbing a rim that's expensive as hell.

Lot's of different ways to go with these cars, and pics help all future buyers of products for them. Bottom line.
I do DD my car as well. In the summer months I run F1s, in the cooler months I run all-seasons. Don't care much what the tire looks like.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I wanted to see what the 315 looked like on the back. Sorry for asking. There seems to be a few douches on here that feel the need to rip on others for asking a question. If you aren't interested in seeing the pics...don't look. Stfu...and find somethingelse to do.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #7
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
I wanted to see what the 315 looked like on the back. Sorry for asking. There seems to be a few douches on here that feel the need to rip on others for asking a question. If you aren't interested in seeing the pics...don't look. Stfu...and find somethingelse to do.
Agreed! But there is more than just a few to say the least.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:25 PM   #8
Billy10mm

Quote:
Twas an honest question ButtHurt. I do not understand what importance is afforded to how a particular tire looks on the back of a vehicle.

Your tire choice is, by far, the single most important factor in vehicle safety, grip, feedback, and handling. There is no single part or modification that can be made to a car that has as much effect on the performance of that car as the tire.

So why does anyone care what it looks like? Do some consider this factor into their purchasing decisions? Why and to what lengths? If a particular tire looks "way better" than another tire but doesn't offer as much grip or feedback, does one still choose the better looking tire?

And you bought a track car. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but that's what you bought. Did you expect the forum dedicated to that track car to be filled with nothing but 19 year-old twits who don't give a shit about handling and only care to report on the awesome "killz" they had last night while drag racing on a public highway? I mean, lord knows we do have some of those half-wits, but there are quite a few adults here as well who came for the "track" aspect of the "track car".
Old 10-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Cmon man you know some of these 1LE guys think they are gods.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Twas an honest question ButtHurt. I do not understand what importance is afforded to how a particular tire looks on the back of a vehicle.

Your tire choice is, by far, the single most important factor in vehicle safety, grip, feedback, and handling. There is no single part or modification that can be made to a car that has as much effect on the performance of that car as the tire.

So why does anyone care what it looks like? Do some consider this factor into their purchasing decisions? Why and to what lengths? If a particular tire looks "way better" than another tire but doesn't offer as much grip or feedback, does one still choose the better looking tire?

And you bought a track car. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but that's what you bought. Did you expect the forum dedicated to that track car to be filled with nothing but 19 year-old twits who don't give a shit about handling and only care to report on the awesome "killz" they had last night while drag racing on a public highway? I mean, lord knows we do have some of those half-wits, but there are quite a few adults here as well who came for the "track" aspect of the "track car".
Well, I disagree on the looks part.

If you have two tires that perform neck and neck why not choose the one with the more aggressive tread pattern or perhaps it doesn't bulge/not bulge as much? These things matter when the tires are close in performance.

In the end I went with what worked before but that didn't mean the hankook rs3's didn't have my attention as well.......
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:15 PM   #11
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I might try those chinese tires next week but I guess they are heavy compared to a 295 or 285. Wide tires look good! 125$/ tire is a joke!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
1 Long onE

Drives: White 1le 2SS RS NPP
Here are a few I snapped. I don't have any suspension mods
Attached Images

1 Long onE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:51 AM   #13
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Drives: 14' 2SS/RS 1LE built 4/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by canecorso69 View Post
Cmon man you know some of these 1LE guys think they are gods.

Lol...I agree. Some of the guys that have 1lE...turned into instant "know it all's". Tire and handling guru's! And what they have on THEIR car for mods....is what you better get on yours...or else you're dirt!!
2014 2SS/RS Red Rock Metallic, Recaro seats, sunroof, NPP, Nitto Motivo 275/40/20 front 315/35/20 back, Cold air inductions intake, elite catch can, Stainless Works 1 7/8" long tube headers w/hiflow cats, 20% tint, Intake rod mod by Gwatney Performance, Bo White ported & polished throttle body, powerbond 25% UDP, Howards Cam 226/236 duration- 525/525 lift 110 ....with a WHOLE bunch of fun added!!

Last edited by XxScottxXN; 10-18-2016 at 06:05 AM.
XxScottxXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:54 AM   #14
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxScottxXN View Post
Lol...I agree. Some of the guys that have 1lE...turned into instant "know it all's". Tire and handling guru's! And what they have on THEIR car for mods....is what you better get on yours...or else you're dirt!! Most sound like punks!!
shots fired
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote